Everton 3-0 Arsenal | Premier League 06/04/14

Re: Everton vs Arsenal | Premier League 06/04/14

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:25 pm

Didn't Gibbs used to be a striker :think:
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby UFGN » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:34 pm

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:Didn't Gibbs used to be a striker :think:

Almost every player who turns pro has played predominantly as a striker in their school and teenage years. They are all alfa males.... the best players always play up front in amature football
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Santi » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:43 pm

I've been saying try Ox up front for ages. Gervinho got a chance and scored a few so why not Ox? The problem we have with Giroud is, like today (up against a 19 year old defender), we never can put pressure on a weak/slow back 4 with him because no matter how crap they are he can't skin them. Ox has the pace to worry any pairing and would give us much more threat going forward than el donkey.

Also everyone in the pub agreed with me so if you don't you're a loon ;)
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:47 pm

It tells you everything you need to know about the appalling management at the club when a team that has the resources to win things are searching their squad for anyone who can play striker, especially considering none of our strikers are injured. And yet people still defend Wenger.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ivan itchybum » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:08 pm

Not being funny but that skill Coleman done tday is signature Ivan shit :hiding:
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Santi » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:09 pm

Couldn't believe it, he made Santi look like a mug. Santi then made himself look like a mug by just standing there afterward.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby ivan itchybum » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:15 pm

Mesüt wrote:Couldn't believe it, he made Santi look like a mug. Santi then made himself look like a mug by just standing there afterward.

Was disgusted with Santi when I saw his reaction, just threw his hands up. Get back the f***ing pitch and at least put pressure on him. He should've just body checked him when he knew he was beaten though.
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:28 pm

ivän itchybüm wrote:
Mesüt wrote:Couldn't believe it, he made Santi look like a mug. Santi then made himself look like a mug by just standing there afterward.

Was disgusted with Santi when I saw his reaction, just threw his hands up. Get back the f***ing pitch and at least put pressure on him. He should've just body checked him when he knew he was beaten though.

Damn, Giroud's rubbing off on him :(
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11

Postby Zedie » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:11 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
ThereIsBearCüm wrote:Are some people seriously blaming the ref for this? Holy crap, that is beyond delusional.

Welcome to the party? You are late today..

I said it earlier we have had a a*s whopping and people are on about ref.

No. People are complaining about the ref amongst other things, other people are pointing fingers at those people saying they are using the ref as an excuse.

Im honestly not sure who has blamed the ref for the loss. :dontknow:

I am not saying a few decisions did not go against us but...Zedie i simply cannot look beyond the fact that more than half of them did not bother to turn up today and Everton turned us over pretty effortlessly in a game winning which could have pretty much sealed our 4th place. The way Baines and Lukaku got behind us with next to no effort is doing my head in so much that i simply cannot look beyond that.

Dont worry mate, ive not lost focus at just how horribly pedestrian we were up until the intro of the subs. Everton actually had to do very little to put us in danger when you really look at it, just wait for the error, pick the ball up, full steam ahead.

They attacked with a pace that we just could not match going the other way. And no, it wasnt just no Theo Walcott. IVe posted in a few different threads regarding the difference that a direct running and energetic Ramsey made to proceedings, just having him at B2B made a hell of a difference when we actually wrestled the ball.

In the time that the subs were on, Ox should have had a pen and we had a goal ruled incorrectly offside ffs. Thats more than anything we did prior to that, Pods efforts were pretty much all outside the box and Giroud was f***ing anonymous.

Today is yet another day where injuries have kicked us in the nuts and no signings in Jan have hamstrung us from covering those injuries.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:33 am

Dr Hansom Davidoff wrote:
mg86 wrote:Has Ox every played up top? Has pace, good finish and a good touch...

Another good shout.

That's actually not a bad shout at all, but we'd have to play very differently for the final ball.

At least we'd be able to play penetrating football though.

To make that work though I think you'd need Podolski playing behind Ox to get a back pass and take the long shots if Ox is running into a wall.

After today's Sanogo "goal" I'd start him ahead of Giroud as well.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby StockGooner » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:16 am

Didn't see the game and can't bring myself to watch highlights yet, but I've seen Wenger's press conference.

(Rightfully so) He looked pretty distraught and I just think he knows he's walking away. Based on recent results and performances it looks like all the players know he's going and are just going through the motions?
StockGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Angelito » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:09 am

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:It tells you everything you need to know about the appalling management at the club when a team that has the resources to win things are searching their squad for anyone who can play striker, especially considering none of our strikers are injured. And yet people still defend Wenger.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gooney » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:50 am

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/720819 ... on-Arsenal

Go to player position to see on average where every player played. Look at our shape and look at Evertons and tell me we work on tactics. Either our players couldnt care less what they are told and just do what they want on the field or the manager simply dont do any shape/positioning coaching and the players just go where the ball is.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby yosifun » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:53 am

Ox would be nice up front, has great pace and decent finishing. Wouldn't happen though, Wenger will rather play Poldi there, who is our best finisher but doesn't have the pace Ox and Theo have.
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:54 am

gooney wrote:http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/720819/MatchReport/England-Premier-League-2013-2014-Everton-Arsenal

Go to player position to see on average where every player played. Look at our shape and look at Evertons and tell me we work on tactics. Either our players couldnt care less what they are told and just do what they want on the field or the manager simply dont do any shape/positioning coaching and the players just go where the ball is.

I think that diagram also highlights that we have three players who all want to be in the hole! It looks like we have three players playing the same position!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14