Everton 3-0 Arsenal | Premier League 06/04/14

Re: Everton vs Arsenal | Premier League 06/04/14

Postby gooney » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:07 am

Plymöuth Gööner wrote:
gooney wrote:http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/720819/MatchReport/England-Premier-League-2013-2014-Everton-Arsenal

Go to player position to see on average where every player played. Look at our shape and look at Evertons and tell me we work on tactics. Either our players couldnt care less what they are told and just do what they want on the field or the manager simply dont do any shape/positioning coaching and the players just go where the ball is.

I think that diagram also highlights that we have three players who all want to be in the hole! It looks like we have three players playing the same position!

what saved us is that ozil was injured, otherwise he would play instead of podolski and you would have 4 players in the same space :rofll:
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Angelito » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:13 am

Read Wenger's interview after the game, and the man really has no shame, does he? I just don't see a tinge of passion in him. Loser.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gooney » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:18 am

Wenger said it will be very diffucult for us to make the top 4 now and I agree. he knows this team is shot. They had low confidence from the beginning and he built them yp all season, when the media was telling them they will fail and they were proven right. But Wengers end to Arsenal will get very very ugly as I dont see him walking even if we fail to make the top 4 and dont win anything. It will end with fans attacking him eventually
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby VCC » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:36 am

didn't see todays game I must be one of the lucky ones
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:42 am

gooney wrote:
Plymöuth Gööner wrote:
gooney wrote:http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/720819/MatchReport/England-Premier-League-2013-2014-Everton-Arsenal

Go to player position to see on average where every player played. Look at our shape and look at Evertons and tell me we work on tactics. Either our players couldnt care less what they are told and just do what they want on the field or the manager simply dont do any shape/positioning coaching and the players just go where the ball is.

I think that diagram also highlights that we have three players who all want to be in the hole! It looks like we have three players playing the same position!

what saved us is that ozil was injured, otherwise he would play instead of podolski and you would have 4 players in the same space :rofll:

LOL and if Rambo had been there instead of one of flamteta he'd have pushed up into that space too!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:58 am

Plymöuth Gööner wrote:

One of them is Giroud. You really think he wants to play in the hole? Your theory doesn't work PG
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Massa » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:58 am

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:It tells you everything you need to know about the appalling management at the club when a team that has the resources to win things are searching their squad for anyone who can play striker, especially considering none of our strikers are injured. And yet people still defend Wenger.

Worst thing is you still have people saying there was no-one better we could sign lmao
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Santi » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:33 am

Highlights how bloody far up Nacho was playing and that Rosicky was playing out of position all the time hence Baines was free.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:16 am

Bit degrading but true.

"Everton have so much quality but the biggest compliment I can give them is that they remind me of the Arsenal of old," added Redknapp.

"They have pace, energy, excitement, and play from the back - and they ambushed Arsenal time and time again."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... er-quickly
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:17 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Bit degrading but true.

"Everton have so much quality but the biggest compliment I can give them is that they remind me of the Arsenal of old," added Redknapp.

"They have pace, energy, excitement, and play from the back - and they ambushed Arsenal time and time again."

Arsenal of old wasnt fighting to get to 4th. Everton is an ok team, lets not build them up to be great. We have slipped so much from where we were
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Angelito » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:25 am

gooney wrote:

Arsenal of old wasnt fighting to get to 4th. Everton is an ok team, lets not build them up to be great. We have slipped so much from where we were

Depends on which Arsenal of old you're referring to. :sneaky2:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Lateral » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:14 pm

Plymöuth Gööner wrote:
gooney wrote:
Plymöuth Gööner wrote:

LOL and if Rambo had been there instead of one of flamteta he'd have pushed up into that space too!

yeah, we are sooooooooooooooo lucky that with Özil and Ramsey our two best players are currently out - just look at hoooooooooooow badly we played with them
Show the spoiler
We were top of the league.
Arsenal haven't won a trophy since 6 August 2017 and haven't won a big game since 8 March 2018.
Lateral
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:48 pm

gooney wrote:

Really??

2006 - 4th
2007 - 4th
2008 - 3rd
2009 - 4th
2010 - 3rd
2011 - 4th
2012 - 3rd
2013 - 4th

What fkin Arsenal was that then? no ones talking about the Invincibles and neither was Redknapp.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby arsebandit » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:37 pm

No1Fan wrote:that was not wenger ball, wenger ball involves great off the ball movement with quick progressive passing. You cannot play wenger ball with clowns like flamini arteta santi podolski and giroud when all they do is pass the ball and stand statically.

W**ger didn't inherit these players, he BROUGHT them here... With the exception of Flamini who is not in the team to 'play ball'... More, 'win ball, play man'.. The rest are clowns.. w**ger being ring master...... giroud can PASS??.. When?? Where?? HOW???
arsebandit
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zedie » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:09 pm

Lateral wrote:
Plymöuth Gööner wrote:
gooney wrote:
Plymöuth Gööner wrote:

yeah, we are sooooooooooooooo lucky that with Özil and Ramsey our two best players are currently out - just look at hoooooooooooow badly we played with them
Show the spoiler
We were top of the league.

This.

Only at Arsenal would fans really not know why we are playing shit football, while 6 of our best players being out.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14