Everton 3-0 Arsenal | Premier League 06/04/14

Everton 3-0 Arsenal | Premier League 06/04/14

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:12 pm

^ Yeah, its not Wenger's fault the star striker we signed in the summer is out injured and we're stuck with Giroud...

:confused:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Re: Everton vs Arsenal | Premier League 06/04/14

Postby Angelito » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:26 pm

Zedie wrote:
Lateral wrote:
Plymöuth Gööner wrote:
gooney wrote:
Plymöuth Gööner wrote:
gooney wrote:http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/720819/MatchReport/England-Premier-League-2013-2014-Everton-Arsenal

Go to player position to see on average where every player played. Look at our shape and look at Evertons and tell me we work on tactics. Either our players couldnt care less what they are told and just do what they want on the field or the manager simply dont do any shape/positioning coaching and the players just go where the ball is.

I think that diagram also highlights that we have three players who all want to be in the hole! It looks like we have three players playing the same position!

what saved us is that ozil was injured, otherwise he would play instead of podolski and you would have 4 players in the same space :rofll:

LOL and if Rambo had been there instead of one of flamteta he'd have pushed up into that space too!

yeah, we are sooooooooooooooo lucky that with Özil and Ramsey our two best players are currently out - just look at hoooooooooooow badly we played with them
Show the spoiler
We were top of the league.

This.

Only at Arsenal would fans really not know why we are playing shit football, while 6 of our best players being out.

That's the beaming shines of mismanagement of the highest order. We all know whom to look for that.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Everton 3-0 Arsenal | Premier League 06/04/14

Postby Zedie » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:43 pm

Plymöuth Gööner wrote:^ Yeah, its not Wenger's fault the star striker we signed in the summer is out injured and we're stuck with Giroud...

A star striker wouldnt do shit with our current midfield. We cant even get the ball to other runners who end up at ST position let alone Giroud ffs.

The only time we did was with Ramsey and Ox on v Everton. Even if we had RvP still, firstly we'd still have to play Giroud lol, secondly, we probably still would have lost 3-0, as the midfield were playing in treacle.

RvP or anyone else couldnt have solved all our problems v Everton and all the other shite games weve played so far.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:16 pm

Zedie wrote:
Plymöuth Gööner wrote:^ Yeah, its not Wenger's fault the star striker we signed in the summer is out injured and we're stuck with Giroud...

A star striker wouldnt do shit with our current midfield. We cant even get the ball to other runners who end up at ST position let alone Giroud ffs.

The only time we did was with Ramsey and Ox on v Everton. Even if we had RvP still, firstly we'd still have to play Giroud lol, secondly, we probably still would have lost 3-0, as the midfield were playing in treacle.

RvP or anyone else couldnt have solved all our problems v Everton and all the other shite games weve played so far.

Err...Van Persie very regularly had to drop deep to get the ball because service was lacking. It didn't stop him scoring important goals. Good strikers involve themselves in play. Not f***ing around goal hanging like we all did as kids.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Schlandi » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:28 pm

Zedie wrote:

Feel pity for the Arsenal striker who had to play infront of internationals from Spain, Germany, England and Czechia. :rolleyes:

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:32 pm

Zedie, at one end you say liverpool is where it is cos of Suarez while you go on to suggest a star striker wouldn't do sh*t with our midfield on the other. Liverpool's midfield is nowhere near as good as ours according to their own fans, so i am baffled with you changing your stance at the press of a button.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:55 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Zedie, at one end you say liverpool is where it is cos of Suarez while you go on to suggest a star striker wouldn't do sh*t with our midfield on the other. Liverpool's midfield is nowhere near as good as ours according to their own fans, so i am baffled with you changing your stance at the press of a button.

You are talking about 2 different midfields though.

Our first team midfield wipes the floor with liverpools, our current makeshift midfield really doesnt.

Its pretty evident.

Their strength is Suarez
Our strength was our midfield

We dont have that midfield, so we look like shit.

Its pretty clear to me :dontknow:
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:58 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:
Zedie wrote:

Feel pity for the Arsenal striker who had to play infront of internationals from Spain, Germany, England and Czechia. :rolleyes:

Implying there is no difference between the midfield we have been without for massive periods of time and the one we are playing right now.

if you cant see the difference between

ozil ramsey arteta cazorla walcott

V rosicky flamini arteta cazorla podokski

Then you dont want to see the difference.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:00 pm

GunnGunn wrote:
Zedie wrote:

Err...Van Persie very regularly had to drop deep to get the ball because service was lacking. It didn't stop him scoring important goals. Good strikers involve themselves in play. Not f***ing around goal hanging like we all did as kids.

So how comes rvp didnt fire us to glory when we had 5-6 first team players out during the 1 full season he was alive?
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Schlandi » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:11 pm

Zedie wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
Zedie wrote:

Implying there is no difference between the midfield we have been without for massive periods of time and the one we are playing right now.

We played with - podolski/rosicky ramsey arteta cazorla walcott - the majority of time last season and our striker also doesn't fire up or did I miss something here.

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Leody » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:19 pm

The excuses never end, they just change every year for Wenger. Another year goes by with yet another collapse and yet again it is anybody but Wenger's fault.

I've seen enough personally. I don't wish for his departure, but I couldn't give less of a care if he leaves. As long as he's at the helm it will be the same story every year.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:25 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:
Zedie wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
Zedie wrote:

We played with - podolski/rosicky ramsey arteta cazorla walcott - the majority of time last season and our striker also doesn't fire up or did I miss something here.

You side stepped the question.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:50 pm

Zedie wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Zedie, at one end you say liverpool is where it is cos of Suarez while you go on to suggest a star striker wouldn't do sh*t with our midfield on the other. Liverpool's midfield is nowhere near as good as ours according to their own fans, so i am baffled with you changing your stance at the press of a button.

Our first team midfield wipes the floor with liverpools, our current makeshift midfield really doesnt.

Its pretty evident.

Their strength is Suarez

Allen however you decorate him is pretty average.

Gerrard is Mr Penalty who has a great vision but does not have the legs to back it up.

Henderson has massively stepped up this year though.

Now lets not move goal posts. Ozil has got injured recently. A midfield of Ozil-..Arteta/Flamini...Rosicky/Wilshere is still better than Henderson Gerrard and Allen.

A star striker in January and we would be fighting for the title and not looking over our shoulders for 4th. Suarez would have scored even more if he was playing in our team.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:21 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Zedie wrote:

Its pretty evident.

Their strength is Suarez

Allen however you decorate him is pretty average.

Gerrard is Mr Penalty who has a great vision but has not legs to back them up.

Henderson has massively stepped up this year though.

Now lets not move goal posts. Ozil has got injured recently. A midfield of Ozil-..Arteta/Flamini...Rosicky/Wilshere is still better than Henderson Gerrard and Allen.

A star striker in January and we would be fighting for the title and not looking over our shoulders for 4th. Suarez would have scored even more if he was playing in our team.

Since the Southampton Draw at the end of Jan, we have nose dived massively in the league. Coincidentally, this is when we have been at our most bare boned midfield wise, having to

Ozil has been in and out (mostly out) since December
Wilshere has been recovering from over a year out and has been in and out this season.

including those two in our current midfield isnt realistic.

Right now, during the time when it actually matters:

Flamini/Arteta/off form Cazorla/every other game Rosicky/Podolski

really doesnt hold a candle to

Gerrard/in form Henderson/Sterling/Coutinho/Suarez*

*Ive counted Suarez as a WF as thats essentially where he has been playing mostly this season, although he cuts in alot and spends a lot of time at ST, with him and Sturridge Rotating. Lpool dont actually play a 2 striker formation and havent really since we first beat them. They just play with 2 strikers on the pitch in Suarez and Sturridge who rotate between ST and WF.

To review the players you have mentioned in your above post:

Allen - Can hardly be counted as a 2013/14 Lpool regular
Gerrard > Arteta at DM all day
Henderson > Flamini at CM all day
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:46 pm

Zedie wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:
Zedie wrote:

So how comes rvp didnt fire us to glory when we had 5-6 first team players out during the 1 full season he was alive?

He was too busy dragging our arses to 4th/3rd.

Defensively, other than the Royal dickings we've been very solid for the first time in over a decade, we bought Ozil and Ramsey established himself as a quality midfielder.

Van Persie was largely responsible for our great finish the season before last, we started that season badly but finished strongly, we started this one fantastically because there was no disruption to our team and for the first time in what seems like ever, three teams who finished above us all changed managers.

We've dropped off because we lack quality, if we had RvP fit and firing we'd have the title sewn up by now or would at the very least still be challenging.

People talk about injuries like they have dementia. It happens every f***ing season, its no excuse anymore because we should have adequate cover in all areas.

But a quality striker in place of Giroud, even with the current midfield and we'd still be much better off.

They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14