Arsenal 1-1 Man City | Premier League 29/03/14

Re: Arsenal vs Man City | Premier League 29/03/14

Postby defcon2005 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:43 pm

Zedie wrote:I say we refuse to play any more games including the FA cup.

this would be even worse
the pools panel would rape us even harder with a gag and no ky
defcon2005
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Location: between the gates of hell and the entrance to valhalla

Postby Callum » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:51 pm

Massa wrote:Why are you sick of seeing Sagna? Lads an animal. Jenkinson won't help anything either.

Sagna's form has dipped to be fair. I still wouldn't bring Jenkinson in for this game mind.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby elkanofan » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:13 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
No1Fan wrote:I guess it may be different for flamini becasue he hasnt got my physical dominance in one on one situations out wide.

You can't be serious.

The last time you were dominant in a one on one situation it probably involved a crying woman, a judge and a court room, which probably explains your hatred towards females that you randomly display on here from time to time.

So your a better footballer than Flamini? why is it him playing for AFC then and not you may I ask?

Post of the month has been won.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:24 pm

Glad we got the Man Utd game won and out of the way. It's nice to know we can still lose a game and still be top of the league. I look at this game and the Liverpool game as where we could easily drop at least the 3 points. If we win this one, I'll be quite confident for the title. If we lose, I'll be worried for a few weeks unless we win the next 4. Frustrating that we can't make up the games in hand until the last mid-week before the season ends. I'd like the games in hand to be points on/off the table to know where we stand more.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:08 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:Glad we got the Man Utd game won and out of the way. It's nice to know we can still lose a game and still be top of the league. I look at this game and the Liverpool game as where we could easily drop at least the 3 points. If we win this one, I'll be quite confident for the title. If we lose, I'll be worried for a few weeks unless we win the next 4. Frustrating that we can't make up the games in hand until the last mid-week before the season ends. I'd like the games in hand to be points on/off the table to know where we stand more.

Your confidence should be sky high going into this. I'm sure ours is as fragile as ever. I could see another route, or a draw. Can't see us winning, but we are so unpredictable so who knows!! :dontknow:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Callum » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:08 pm

I'm rooting for City now we're out of it. Chelsea are scumbags with scummy fans and a scummy manager, whilst I also couldn't stand the smugness of Brendan Rodgers and the Liverpool fans if they went on to win it.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:31 pm

Callum wrote:I'm rooting for City now we're out of it. Chelsea are scumbags with scummy fans and a scummy manager, whilst I also couldn't stand the smugness of Brendan Rodgers and the Liverpool fans if they went on to win it.

+ 1

Plus I know more Chelsea and Pool fans on this side of the pond. Not too many City fans yet, but they are growing.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:33 pm

It has never happened ever before than a team in 7th position has gone on to win the title. Liverpool deserve it more than anybody. Brendan rodgers has made Wenger look pretty average without breaking a sweat.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:50 pm

We're gonna get a right old walloping here, no doubt about it. Im sick and tired of being jolly and confident before these big games and being let down. Time to be pessimistic. Only time Im being optimistic this season is for the FA cup games where we've been really good throughout.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:59 pm

Team news: Who's fit to face Man City?

Arsène Wenger has revealed the following fitness updates ahead of the Manchester City game:

on the latest team news…

Compared to Tuesday night, we have no new injuries and no-one coming back as well.

on the injured players…

Monreal should be the first one back in training because he is just starting to run in the next few days. After him, Ramsey is progressing well but we need to be patient for a few more weeks.

Source: http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... -man-city-
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Callum » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:28 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:It has never happened ever before than a team in 7th position has gone on to win the title. Liverpool deserve it more than anybody. Brendan rodgers has made Wenger look pretty average without breaking a sweat.

You're using Rodgers' success to bash Wenger (again) but if Liverpool do go on to win the league then lets not pretend that guys like Mourinho and Pellegrini will have some questions to answer. Chelsea and Manchester City have spent considerably more than them and their wage budgets dwarf Liverpool's. It'll be disappointing for us to fall behind Liverpool but even moreso for Chelsea and Manchester City who should be further ahead of them given the budgets and the squads and both of their disposals.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:40 pm

Callum wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:It has never happened ever before than a team in 7th position has gone on to win the title. Liverpool deserve it more than anybody. Brendan rodgers has made Wenger look pretty average without breaking a sweat.

You're using Rodgers' success to bash Wenger (again) but if Liverpool do go on to win the league then lets not pretend that guys like Mourinho and Pellegrini will have some questions to answer. Chelsea and Manchester City have spent considerably more than them and their wage budgets dwarf Liverpool's. It'll be disappointing for us to fall behind Liverpool but even moreso for Chelsea and Manchester City who should be further ahead of them given the budgets and the squads and both of their disposals.

Chelsea and Man City were not 6 points clear during Nov/Dec period. We Were. We had a great chance. I cannot understand how a team which was nearly 10 points behind us is 5 points clear now. Pellegrini and Mourinho are still in to their first season while Wenger is in his nth. Man City and Chelsea haven't capitulated in big games. Man City and Chelsea will not be finishing a distant 4th. we are not talking about liverpool just edging us, what we are talking about is Liverpool putting daylight between them and us by the end of the season.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:42 pm

Szcz
Sagna - Mert - Verm - Gibbs
Kallstrom - Flamini
Gnabry - Cazorla - Ox
Giroud

Would be my choice.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:43 pm

Id rather Liverpool win it than city or chelsea to be honest. Rodgers had a long term plan and has taken a poor liverpool side and turned them into a brilliant one. It will have paid off. Rodgers has also spent wisely as well rather than going for all the best players and being able to bring them in.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:43 pm

Drop Giroud put Fabianski in net and Szczesny up front and I agree.
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14