Arsenal 1-1 Man City | Premier League 29/03/14

Re: Arsenal vs Man City | Premier League 29/03/14

Postby AAIRE99 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:25 pm

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
ivän itchybüm wrote:Actually it's probably because people have been given the slightest taste of success this season and now that we're f***ing it up in the league they're losing their shit and want it back. Wasn't happening before because we were never really challenging.

We've been in this position many times before at this point in the season. In fact, barring last season, this is the lowest we've been after the same number of games since 2006

Actually the last time you were contending was 2010/2011 I wouldnt say many times anyway. As i said before you should have won the league that season.
IIRC and remember i use only memory not wikipedia RVP was out for half the season. that prolly cost u.
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ivan itchybum » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:38 pm

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
ivän itchybüm wrote:Actually it's probably because people have been given the slightest taste of success this season and now that we're f***ing it up in the league they're losing their shit and want it back. Wasn't happening before because we were never really challenging.

We've been in this position many times before at this point in the season. In fact, barring last season, this is the lowest we've been after the same number of games since 2006

I mean when we were top. And although that may be true, we are still kind of 'contenders'. Making it more stressful when we lose. Tjose other seasons United were always miles in front so it didn't feel like we were close.
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby ivan itchybum » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:40 pm

billo2007 wrote:
ThereIsBearCüm wrote:

Actually the last time you were contending was 2010/2011 I wouldnt say many times anyway. As i said before you should have won the league that season.
IIRC and remember i use only memory not wikipedia RVP was out for half the season. that prolly cost u.

Too few centre backs cost us that season
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby AAIRE99 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:53 pm

Arsenal were truly on the verge of a great team back then. thats when it all fell down for me.
That summer and onwards.
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Popey » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:13 pm

I love flamini. such a important player

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Yago » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:14 pm

@billo: Yep. Young Wilshere, Song, Fabregas, Na$ri, Walcott, RvP. Looking at the replacements, all of them are weaker than what we had then. Well, Ramsey might be better than young Wilshere, but he's only been good for about a year, and has been out half the season.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby AAIRE99 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:17 pm

Yago wrote:@billo: Yep. Young Wilshere, Song, Fabregas, Na$ri, Walcott, RvP. Looking at the replacements, all of them are weaker than what we had then. Well, Ramsey might be better than young Wilshere, but he's only been good for about a year, and has been out half the season.

Im just tryin to point out aswell that if city arent around trying to weaken there rivals things pan out differently. come on if you have that much money why would you buy clichy? hes been a decent player but a liability defensively if i had 50billion he wouldnt be on my list.

I thought it was a bad buy at the time but what city are doing is buying your players and then stopping you buying replacements by buying anyone any team is even interested in. Scandalous.

so basically 5 years of AW work is out the window. joke. and it should be taken into consideration by fans imo.
Where is the goat lol :) hello goat :) like u though, like my mates long time city fans.
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Schlandi » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:29 am

Callum wrote:
Plymöuth Gööner wrote:Great ball in from Podolski too! How many balls did Cazorla put in like that? :sneaky:

Cazorla didn't hang on the peripheries of the game, he was in the middle driving us forward. He was at the heart of everything good we did going forward today and I struggle to see how anyone could not see that. The frustrating thing for us is that when we went forward we only ever had Giroud as an option due to a lack of runners and the fact we were defending deep. Pretty much everyone else could see today what you can't.

Also, if you want to twist the debate into Podolski vs. Cazorla then I'd just like to mention how Cazorla didn't give the ball away for Silva's goal and Cazorla didn't miss the best chance of the match. Podolski had a good game but Cazorla was incredible.

IMO, Cazorla produced nothing at the end, his corners were piss poor, his tiki-taka pretty useless and I don't care how often he runs with the ball horizontal in the middle of the pitch and maybe beat some opposite player who is scared to tackle Cazorla in no man's land cause Santi is well known to "fall down easy enough". He was pretty useless in the final third plus he missed some opportunities to pass the final ball.

So please remind me in which situations he was the heart of everything good ?
- The offside goal, oh wait that was Podolski
- The assist for the 1:1, oh Podolski again
- The 1on1 chance from Podolski, oh indeed Carzola was involved but if you watched it closely his pass was shit plus chest high and at the end a lucky deflection from two ManCity players otherwise Podolski might never have reached the ball in that situation.

If anyone else run behind the defence like that nobody really care that much if the Gunner scored a goal the player (like Ox, Walcott) gets hailed anyway for such an action if Podolski do that the usual suspects here try to talk about the "missing chance" other people could argue that was a great or lucky save from Hart if Szech did that he would be the best keeper of the PL..and btw at least he hit the target unlike Rosicky, Giroud and Ox.

Before the 0:1 Podolski lost the ball but Flamster never should have played a pass to him with the ManCity dude that close behind him and Gibbs waiting for a pass in totally free space. Also I dunno what our defence was doing at that situation Vermalen marked no one while our full-backs watching the scene from distance so why you blame Podolski exclusiv for that.

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Zedie » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:49 am

SchlandGooner wrote:
Callum wrote:
Plymöuth Gööner wrote:Great ball in from Podolski too! How many balls did Cazorla put in like that? :sneaky:

Cazorla didn't hang on the peripheries of the game, he was in the middle driving us forward. He was at the heart of everything good we did going forward today and I struggle to see how anyone could not see that. The frustrating thing for us is that when we went forward we only ever had Giroud as an option due to a lack of runners and the fact we were defending deep. Pretty much everyone else could see today what you can't.

Also, if you want to twist the debate into Podolski vs. Cazorla then I'd just like to mention how Cazorla didn't give the ball away for Silva's goal and Cazorla didn't miss the best chance of the match. Podolski had a good game but Cazorla was incredible.

IMO, Cazorla produced nothing at the end, his corners were piss poor, his tiki-taka pretty useless and I don't care how often he runs with the ball horizontal in the middle of the pitch and maybe beat some opposite player who is scared to tackle Cazorla in no man's land cause Santi is well known to "fall down easy enough". He was pretty useless in the final third plus he missed some opportunities to pass the final ball.

- The 1on1 chance from Podolski, oh indeed Carzola was involved but if you watched it closely his pass was shit plus chest high and at the end a lucky deflection from two ManCity players otherwise Podolski might never have reached the ball in that situation.

If anyone else run behind the defence like that nobody really care that much if the Gunner scored a goal the player (like Ox, Walcott) gets hailed anyway for such an action if Podolski do that the usual suspects here try to talk about the "missing chance" other people could argue that was a great or lucky save from Hart if Szech did that he would be the best keeper of the PL..and btw at least he hit the target unlike Rosicky, Giroud and Ox.

Before the 0:1 Podolski lost the ball but Flamster never should have played a pass to him with the ManCity dude that close behind him and Gibbs waiting for a pass in totally free space. Also I dunno what our defence was doing at that situation Vermalen marked no one while our full-backs watching the scene from distance so why you blame Podolski exclusiv for that.

Im surprised that in all of the above, you failed to mention that podolski was completely missing defensively for the first 20 minutes, leaving gibbs completely overwhelmed many times ;)

He had a really mixed game for me. He f***ked up to set city on the counter for their goal. Regardless if there was a better option for flam to pass to, pod f***ked up a simple dribble and got caught.

Of course though, he assisted for the goal and was denied a stonewall goal due to a worldclass save.

I think his main problem is that he is not naturally one to glide past players. He relies on finding pockets of space and using direct running to make a difference, but right now, the team doesn't have someone with natural athleticism to get the jump on the op from CM, to allow the LW ST AM and or RW to get into space, but be ready to haul arse back to defensive action stations.

, he struggled to penetrate today, but then I think he fell victim to the same issue that giroud and anyone else that broke forward today.

Arteta/flam in general just dont have the legs to effectively play a b2b role, which limits support coming into the final third/counters.

Its such a shame that we have so many out. Ramseys constant running is probably an even bigger miss to our play than missing walcott in a weird way.

Wilshere isnt a slouch either.

CM just seemed too much for Ox to play perfectly like we need, especially v the op we have been against. Maybe he gets another chance v the less disciplined sides we will face?

Rosicky really used his acceleration and close dribbling well today, but at times it was just all for nothing because there was no b2b to give him an option.

Its no wonder that we dominated the second half when flamini started becoming the 3rd runner more after sitting more for most of the 1st half.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Schlandi » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:04 am

Zedie wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
Callum wrote:

Im surprised that in all of the above, you failed to mention that podolski was completely missing defensively for the first 20 minutes, leaving gibbs completely overwhelmed many times ;)

He had a really mixed game for me. He f***ked up to set city on the counter for their goal. Regardless if there was a better option for flam to pass to, pod f***ked up a simple dribble and got caught.

Of course though, he assisted for the goal and was denied a stonewall goal due to a worldclass save.

I think his main problem is that he is not naturally one to glide past players. He relies on finding pockets of space and using direct running to make a difference, but right now, the team doesn't have someone with natural athleticism to get the jump on the op from CM, to allow the LW ST AM and or RW to get into space, but be ready to haul arse back to defensive action stations.

, he struggled to penetrate today, but then I think he fell victim to the same issue that giroud and anyone else that broke forward today.

Arteta/flam in general just dont have the legs to effectively play a b2b role, which limits support coming into the final third/counters.

Its such a shame that we have so many out. Ramseys constant running is probably an even bigger miss to our play than missing walcott in a weird way.

CM just seemed too much for Ox to play perfectly like we need, especially v the op we have been against. Maybe he gets another chance v the less disciplined sides we will face?

Rosicky really used his acceleration and close dribbling well today, but at times it was just all for nothing because there was no b2b to give him an option.

Its no wonder that we dominated the second half when flamini started becoming the 3rd runner more after sitting more for most of the 1st half.

I don't think that he was completely missing the first 20min. Gibbs and Podolski had some trouble to "give over" (dunno how you call it in english) the players correctly. You could also mention that Gibbs gave away the ball twice (?) and ends up in trouble in the first half which had nothing to do with Podolski was (alledegely) missing.

Which dribbling before the 0:1 ?
The dude infront of him was at least 2m away and he couldn't see the dude behind him so why should he start dribbling ?

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Zedie » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:20 am

SchlandGooner wrote:
Zedie wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
Callum wrote:

I don't think that he was completely missing the first 20min. Gibbs and Podolski had some trouble to "give over" (dunno how you call it in english) the players correctly. You could also mention that Gibbs gave away the ball twice (?) and ends up in trouble in the first half which had nothing to do with Podolski was (alledegely) missing.

Which dribbling before the 0:1 ?
The dude infront of him was at least 2m away and he couldn't see the dude behind him so why should he start dribbling ?

Yeah, Gibbs was poor generally for the first part of the first half too. I probably hold him as responsible for the goal as pod, if not more probably (he literally forgot to run with Silvas run towards goal. Could have stepped in /blocked that jammy rebound).

Still, I counted at least 3 occassions when Gibbs had 2 players to mark and pod was nowhere in sight.

For his dispossession for their goal, he received the ball and kind of clumsily set off, but then got tackled. Cant remember him trying to get back to regain possession either, but he might have been following fernandinho, not

I might be being harsh on that situation, I only saw it once in real time
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:28 am

watched it again just now, pod takes a look just as he is receiving the ball, but he didnt really have time to do anything about the navas challenge incoming apart from maybe be stronger which is harsh.

Gibbs actually did all the hard work getting back, but switched off when silva had played the initial ball to dzeko.

Probably flamini with the loose no look pass initially and then gibbs switching off.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby mrbuff » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:04 am

Decent performance should have won. Was predictable though thought we could get a draw after our results and the chelsea loss. Flamini showed he's the better performer against the better teams.
mrbuff
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:24 am

Th place was buzzing till the January transfer window. I don't think there was much negativity at all. We blew up our title chances when Wenger failed to do his job in January. We blew up our title chances cos Wenger has failed to lift the team against big teams. we are not talking about just defeats here we are talking about royal dressing downs handed to us by our rivals. LOL its hilarious people think not rating our teams chances before the City is insane why? We got humiliated on several occasions against big teams and City had a new one torn for us at Etihad so logically speaking how can you lift yourself? We have fecking got a point in our own backyard FFS. No i am not undermining the result. I myself praised the teams attitude and performance on the night but people assuming a ''i told you so'' mentality when we have hardly uprooted any trees is laughable. The people talking about positivity LOL, who were expecting us to get a result against Chelsea should we go and dig up their posts? The people who were laughing at people like me who suggested Liverpool as a dark horse can i dig up their old posts? Its easy to come out and preach. LOL Wenger has managed to feck up a head-start yet again and we should all sign kumbaya?
Last edited by Arsenal~Fanatic on Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby AAIRE99 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:27 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Th place was buzzing till the January transfer window. I don't think there was much negativity at all. We blew up our title chances when Wenger failed to do his job in January. We blew up our title chances cos Wenger has failed to lift the team against big teams. we are not talking about just defeats here we are talking about royal dressing downs handed to us by our rivals. LOL its hilarious people think not rating our teams chances before the City is insane why? We got humiliated on several occasions against big teams and City had a new one torn for us at Etihad so logically speaking how can you lift yourself? We have fecking got a point in our own backyard FFS. No i am not undermining the result. I myself praised the teams attitude and performance on the night but people assuming a ''i told you so'' mentality when we have hardly uprooted any trees is laughable. The people talking about positivity LOL, who were expecting us to get a result against Chelsea should we go and dig up their posts? The people who were laughing at people like me who suggest Liverpool as a dark horse can i dig up their old posts? Its easy to come out and preach. LOL Wenger has managed to feck up a head-start yet again and we should all sign kumbaya?

No1`would disagree he ballsd up a lead. you have to admit from day 1 when arsenal had a big lead he was up against it to keep it. needed to run well with injurys. etc
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14