Arsenal 2-2 Swansea | Premier League 25/03/14

Re: Arsenal 2-2 Swansea | Premier League 25/03/14

Postby gooney » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:59 am

No1Fan wrote:flamini was woeful today i still dont see this apparent defensive stability that the guy gives us. Cant tackle, backs off indefinitely allowing teams to counter, no strength poor positioning. The guy gives it his all but he's a woeful footballer.

Giroud was poor but showed good movement for his goal and improved slightly afterwards.

The ox was a liability, podolski wasnt much better but he can kick a ball accurately when under no pressure.

Flamini is an average DM. Thats what you get for free transfer. You cant shop in Poundland and expect quality. A free transfer that no one competed with us for signing him
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 14747
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: Arsenal 2-2 Swansea | Premier League 25/03/14

Postby mrbuff » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:14 am

gooney wrote:
No1Fan wrote:flamini was woeful today i still dont see this apparent defensive stability that the guy gives us. Cant tackle, backs off indefinitely allowing teams to counter, no strength poor positioning. The guy gives it his all but he's a woeful footballer.

Giroud was poor but showed good movement for his goal and improved slightly afterwards.

The ox was a liability, podolski wasnt much better but he can kick a ball accurately when under no pressure.

Flamini is an average DM. Thats what you get for free transfer. You cant shop in Poundland and expect quality. A free transfer that no one competed with us for signing him


Just like Giroud and Podolski and then people wonder why they turn out to be average..as if putting on the Arsenal shirt makes them quality players. Remember people were calling the flamini signing a masterstroke 'the steel we needed'. Just another cheap signing to avoid spending the money on a quality DM.
You get what you pay for with established players.
mrbuff
Charlie George
Charlie George
 
Posts: 520
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:16 pm

Re: Arsenal 2-2 Swansea | Premier League 25/03/14

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:36 am

Just saw the result and tbh, it was somewhat expected. The lad's confidence must have been at an all time low going into the game and with hardly any time to get over the 6, nil loss, a comfortable win seemed near impossible

Cannot believe we conceded an own goal near the end too, smh. Going to find some highlights to watch
Leno
(Martinez/Macey)
Bellerin Saliba Sokratis Tierney
(Niles/Osei-Tutu) (Mustafi/Dinos) (Holding/Medley) (Kolasinac/Bola)
Xhaka(c)
(Luiz?/Chambers)
Guendouzi --- Ceballos
(Torreira/Elneny) --- (Ozil/Willock)
Pepe -------------------- Auba
(ESR/Mkhi) -------------------- (Nelson/Saka)
Lacazette
(Martinelli/Nketiah)


Last Updated: 9/19/19
User avatar
CrimsonGunner11
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 17942
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:14 pm
Location: The Peach State

Re: Arsenal 2-2 Swansea | Premier League 25/03/14

Postby Gunflash » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:41 am

The team is mentally and physically gone. Earlier in the season once we got ahead we'd have held on - we even did it a few weeks ago against Spurs. But the team has been shattered by the Chelsea defeat, so all the usual mistakes of old are back - bad defending, laziness, sloppiness. As soon as Swansea went for a final thrust, you could see we were soiling our pants.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1904
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:33 pm

Re: Arsenal 2-2 Swansea | Premier League 25/03/14

Postby gooney » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:52 am

Gunflash wrote:The team is mentally and physically gone. Earlier in the season once we got ahead we'd have held on - we even did it a few weeks ago against Spurs. But the team has been shattered by the Chelsea defeat, so all the usual mistakes of old are back - bad defending, laziness, sloppiness. As soon as Swansea went for a final thrust, you could see we were soiling our pants.

I think the goal was fairly unlucky. This was no difference between from the Spurs game where we hanged on a lead last 10 mins by throwing defenders in. We have done this few times. But this is how pathetic pundits are. if we would have won today it would be how we showed resilience and mental strength like we did against Spurs. Once unlucky bounce is the difference between mentally strong and mentally weak. These people never analyse the whole 90 mins. Neither do many people here, whenever we win its great day who cares we won. Only when we dont win can they see the flaws in our team
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 14747
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: Arsenal 2-2 Swansea | Premier League 25/03/14

Postby elkanofan » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:07 am

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:Just saw the result and tbh, it was somewhat expected. The lad's confidence must have been at an all time low going into the game and with hardly any time to get over the 6, nil loss, a comfortable win seemed near impossible

Cannot believe we conceded an own goal near the end too, smh. Going to find some highlights to watch


At least we didn't lose. We have some time to fix up and go all out against City.
User avatar
elkanofan
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 12643
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: I'm goin Latin America

Re: Arsenal 2-2 Swansea | Premier League 25/03/14

Postby Angelito » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:08 am

Lol at people criticizing Podolski for this game. But it's expected really. Arsenal FC seems to have a larger population of dumb fans.
Image
User avatar
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: The Overlook Hotel

Re: Arsenal 2-2 Swansea | Premier League 25/03/14

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:39 am

elkanofan wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:Just saw the result and tbh, it was somewhat expected. The lad's confidence must have been at an all time low going into the game and with hardly any time to get over the 6, nil loss, a comfortable win seemed near impossible

Cannot believe we conceded an own goal near the end too, smh. Going to find some highlights to watch


At least we didn't lose. We have some time to fix up and go all out against City.


Not expecting much tbh as its hard to see where our goals will come from atm. Need to focus on preventing City from scoring and maybe if we're lucky someone might grab us a goal. Our recuperation if it happens will begin against Everton
Leno
(Martinez/Macey)
Bellerin Saliba Sokratis Tierney
(Niles/Osei-Tutu) (Mustafi/Dinos) (Holding/Medley) (Kolasinac/Bola)
Xhaka(c)
(Luiz?/Chambers)
Guendouzi --- Ceballos
(Torreira/Elneny) --- (Ozil/Willock)
Pepe -------------------- Auba
(ESR/Mkhi) -------------------- (Nelson/Saka)
Lacazette
(Martinelli/Nketiah)


Last Updated: 9/19/19
User avatar
CrimsonGunner11
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 17942
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:14 pm
Location: The Peach State

Re: Arsenal vs Swansea | Premier League 25/03/14

Postby greengoonerie » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:24 am

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:Great run from Ox there

:rofll: :rofll:
Post of the night, possibly post of the week!

Loved it!
greengoonerie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2320
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Arsenal vs Swansea | Premier League 25/03/14

Postby greengoonerie » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:29 am

Grouchgooner wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:shoot giroud


Lend me a rifle and I'd love to ;)

:rofll: :rofll: almost as good as the Ox quote!
greengoonerie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2320
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Arsenal 2-2 Swansea | Premier League 25/03/14

Postby greengoonerie » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:36 am

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
gooney wrote:
Wenger: “We have to take this on the chin. After we got to 2-1, we were too focused on keeping the result and too conservative


Pathetic....Absolute pathetic man. He instructed the team to defend. Specialist in failure. From now on thats how I will address him in this forum


United had SAF, we have SIF.

Super stuff! you were bang on form last night! :rofll:
greengoonerie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2320
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Arsenal 2-2 Swansea | Premier League 25/03/14

Postby greengoonerie » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:48 am

Angelito wrote:Lol at people criticizing Podolski for this game. But it's expected really. Arsenal FC seems to have a larger population of dumb fans.

This!

Pod plays for 35 mins, scores, makes the second and people still complain about his performance.

No surprise to see that the people who don't rate Pod, also think that Wenger is the man for the job.

It's not quite dumb fans, but more a case of these fans believing the spin that is being put out by the Arsenal PLC political machine to support Wenger AT ALL COSTS.

They are manacled together - Arsene, the board and the many employees of the PLC.

Sadly Wenger has allowed the PLC to slowly but surely strip away what Arsenal FC stood for and were recognised as, under managers like Chapman, Mee, Neill, Graham etc and turned them into a money making, ambitionless parody of themselves.

Someone mentioned what happened to Liverpool for recent seasons with board and team mismanagement etc.

Well I fear Arsenal are at that precipice now.
greengoonerie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2320
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Arsenal 2-2 Swansea | Premier League 25/03/14

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:53 am

Zedie wrote:Arteta is done generally.



You watched Arteta play live. It is difficult to track a players movements off the ball and overall play on TV. Has he gone as legless as he appears on TV?
User avatar
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 24373
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:52 pm

Re: Arsenal 2-2 Swansea | Premier League 25/03/14

Postby gooney » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:57 am

Pod did well last night. Doesnt make him a great player. Rosicky sored a great goal against Spurs. Doesnt make him a great player either
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 14747
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: Arsenal 2-2 Swansea | Premier League 25/03/14

Postby Nuggets » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:05 am

The sad thing was thats the best we had to offer and couldn't even beat Swansea, City will thrash us if we play the same team but who else can we play? I don't know whats happening to the team but Wonga needs to sort it out ASAP he is the one who's pain a fortune to manage this club. Get your act together Wonga FFS. The players also need to take a good look at themselves, 7 points clear at the top now we could NOT secure 4th place.
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
 
Posts: 15709
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 13/14

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest