Chelsea 6-0 Arsenal | Premier League 22/03/14

Re: Chelsea 6-0 Arsenal | Premier League 22/03/14

Postby Est83 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:57 pm

Do we ever do well against teams that excel in pressing?

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby gooney » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:12 am

Est83 wrote:Do we ever do well against teams that excel in pressing?

Absolutely not. Even when smaller team press us like southampton and everton we really struggled. I think its the way we train. I dont think our players are used to that kind of pressing as they must have very relaxed training. I remember Clichy saying he was shocked when he started to train with City and saw players tackle. We didnt do that at Arsenal
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby defcon2005 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:29 am

gooney wrote:

Absolutely not. Even when smaller team press us like southampton and everton we really struggled. I think its the way we train. I dont think our players are used to that kind of pressing as they must have very relaxed training. I remember Clichy saying he was shocked when he started to train with City and saw players tackle. We didnt do that at Arsenal

im sure this will have something to do with out terrible injury record?
they are jut too damn scared to go near each other in training and this must rub off in actual matches. either that of they are just cowards which i dont really believe.some of them maybe but not all
defcon2005
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Location: between the gates of hell and the entrance to valhalla

Postby gooney » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:33 am

defcon2005 wrote:
gooney wrote:

im sure this will have something to do with out terrible injury record?
they are jut too damn scared to go near each other in training and this must rub off in actual matches. either that of they are just cowards which i dont really believe.some of them maybe but not all

they are not cowards. They are football players who all done well for other clubs. But you adapt to where you go. If you train less intense than your opponents every day. Its gonna become obvious after a while. Another worrying thing could be discipline problems. We have been hammered 3 times in early matches. With Girouds actions and him suggesting to join a threesome with another player. Maybe he is not one of and our players are not very professional and its obvious when you have a match 12pm with not alot of sleep the previous night :dontknow:
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Angelito » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:25 am

The League is gone, and I just hope that Sanogo gets the now over Giroud. I can't believe we've fallen from van Persie to Giroud.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby redordead » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:22 am

thats the worst display of football i think ive seen from an arsenal team they are a disgrace and wenger should have the balls to publicly shame them,it beggers beyond belief how they can play so badly and nothing said wengers to soft and in a nutshell some of this present crop are not worth a toss and should be made aware of this,you dont see chelsea city or liverpool being hammered in such a way,and this really can only be wengers fault as a tactician he sucks no plan b never has never will,hes living on pass glories.
I set myself some very low standards in which i fail to achieve
redordead
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Trina » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:46 am

Arsène Wenger gave his thoughts on the 6-0 defeat to Chelsea on Saturday.

Read a transcript of what he had to say below:

on the defeat...
It was a nightmare and I take full responsibility for it. What is important is to give a response on Tuesday night and that is it.

on what went wrong...
I don’t believe it is the time to talk too much about that. The players are deeply disappointed as we all are. I think let us prepare for the next game

on the sending off...
The referee made a mistake because he missed the identity of the player. He has not seen what happened at all. He gave a corner. Maybe it was a penalty. But it was not Gibbs.

on whether it was a sending off offence...
I don’t know I have not seen it. If it is a deliberate handball yes. If it is not a deliberate handball then no.

on the title race...
It leaves it in a very bad situation. But we want to respond. We had two difficult away games at Tottenham and Chelsea. If we had played two draws we’d have two points. Having won one we have three points. But today is a huge disappointment of course. When you don’t turn up in a game if this stature – nobody takes that easy

on whether he still believes...
We have to win the next game. That is what we have to focus on now and give a strong response.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... title-race
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby VCC » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:52 am

least he didn't spout his usual bollocks got to give him credit for that
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby redordead » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:49 am

and why take podolski off when we are already being battered at least he could of told them to go all out to try and get something out of it
I set myself some very low standards in which i fail to achieve
redordead
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby greengoonerie » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:46 am

VCC wrote:least he didn't spout his usual bollocks got to give him credit for that

Sorry VCC? Read it again! IMO it was a classic wenger bolloxology response and typical of arsenes disdain for arsenal fans.

He flatly refused to discuss the shambles - avoidance technique typical of the man when faced with a problem.

'What is important is how we respond' - eh no arsene what is important is that you explain how you got it so hopelessly wrong in team selection yesterday. That's what arsenal fans expect at the least.

'I didnt the see it'- his most famous phrase!! It appears that only arsene and the match officials didn't see it. (the hand ball) - almost as embarrassing as the teams performance yesterday.

' it is important how we Prepare for the next game' - in the same manner as the team prepared for yesterday, and the pool game and the city game?

There is a systemic failure in the club this season and arsenes ego refuses to acknowledge or deal with it.

The beatings will continue until the manager improves
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Nuggets » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:50 am

greengoonerie wrote:
VCC wrote:least he didn't spout his usual bollocks got to give him credit for that

Sorry VCC? Read it again! IMO it was a classic wenger bolloxology response and typical of arsenes disdain for arsenal fans.

He flatly refused to discuss the shambles - avoidance technique typical of the man when faced with a problem.

'What is important is how we respond' - eh no arsene what is important is that you explain how you got it so hopelessly wrong in team selection yesterday. That's what arsenal fans expect at the least.

'I didnt the see it'- his most famous phrase!! It appears that only arsene and the match officials didn't see it. (the hand ball) - almost as embarrassing as the teams performance yesterday.

' it is important how we Prepare for the next game' - in the same manner as the team prepared for yesterday, and the pool game and the city game?

There is a systemic failure in the club this season and arsenes ego refuses to acknowledge or deal with it.

The beatings will continue until the manager improves

Or goes, his refusal yesterday was pathetic, the fans pay the money they desire better, how many time has he said ...my fault, then do something about it FFS. :BangHead:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:19 am

I am still sooo pi55ed off! Been a grumpy sod all morning despite lots of ranting online. Comes to something when even an evening and morning of ranting online can't stop me from being grumpy in real life!!!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:19 am

not sure if posted already but

'with Anthony Taylor as fourth official.'

So if what BearCum said is true, it was that t***er Taylor who said it was gibbs!
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:32 am

Plymöuth Gööner wrote:I am still sooo pi55ed off! Been a grumpy sod all morning despite lots of ranting online. Comes to something when even an evening and morning of ranting online can't stop me from being grumpy in real life!!!

get FM bro

I beat Reading 4-1 away from home with Ozil grabbing a brace and now I'm all gravy.

Just pretend that FM is real life and it makes the harsh truths of life seem like a distant memory :cloud9:
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:19 pm

tried that ^ doesnt work for me :( beat liverpool 4-0 with ze gunners..still pissed off
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14