Re: Tottenham vs Arsenal | Premier League 16/03/14

Postby Zedie » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:01 pm

These lot are getting it.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby GSK_AFC » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:07 pm

I'd be disappointed if we didn't leave with all 3 points. They've seemed to give up on the top 4 now judging by the reactions of the players and manager yesterday but this is a derby match and we haven't won there in a while.

Hope Ramsey is fit for this, even if he's rusty he's better than anyone else we've got in that position so I'd play him as long as he is fully fit.

Massa wrote:
Szczesny
Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Arteta
Cazorla Özil Chamberlain
Giroud

I'd go with this team too.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:07 pm

Attack them!!!

Szczesny
Flamini
Ozil---Cazorla
Gnabry------------Chamberlain
Giroud

Can't start rambo after he's been out for so long!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:09 pm

Yeah 3 points is a must. We won't win the title but it'll be nice to keep the push going for the rest of the season
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Callum » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:09 pm

If we win then our title hopes are still alive and fourth place is all but guaranteed, but a draw/ loss and we're out of it.

Szczesny
Sagna - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Gibbs
Arteta - Ramsey
Chamberlain - Ozil - Cazorla
Giroud

Fabianski
Jenkinson
Vermaelen
Flamini
Rosicky
Podolski
Sanogo

I think the team pretty much picks itself. If Ramsey's not back I'd start with Flamini alongside Arteta.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby ivan itchybum » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:53 pm

If the Chavs can beat them we can beat them. They'll be well up for it though...
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:08 pm

I am not an eternal optimist. I am a realistic sort of guy. Title is lost already imho. Tottenham are there to be taken but they are playing at White hart lane and they are going to be super motivated to beat us no matter the circumstances. My heart says we will win but my mind says it is going to be a high scoring draw. It would be interesting to see the team Wenger picks on Tuesday against Bayern which can have lot of says on both our physical and mental preparation for the NLD.

Our form has been dismal in the league. We beat Sunderland but lost away to Stoke, got spanked by Liverpool, drew against a hapless out of form, out of sorts United at the Emirates. We need to get our tactics right cos they have the players to hurt us. We simply cannot go out and commit forward the sort of numbers we did against Everton cos it can really backfire. This games is going to be a high tempo end to end stuff and playing Arteta in this one will not be a wise idea. I hope Ramsey is back for this and i want him to partner Flamini in the middle of the park. As i said the game against Bayern is more of a distraction than a help.
Last edited by Arsenal~Fanatic on Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:10 pm

ivän itchybüm wrote:If the Chavs can beat them we can beat them. They'll be well up for it though...

I dont know. I think they will be shitting it personally. They are under pressure atm. Their 4th place chances are slipping, sherwood went off on one quite publicly and they will be nervous as f**k trying not to make those same horrendous mistakes they did against chelsea
They could respond to the drama, but they havent really had a track record of comebacks after setbacks this season.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:15 pm

THEY ARE SHIT

BROTHER
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:17 pm

If we win this, we complete a treble of wins over them this season..

f**k I need that to happen so badly.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby GSK_AFC » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:17 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:I am not an eternal optimist. I am a realistic sort of guy. Title is lost already imho. Tottenham are there to be taken but they are playing at White hart lane and they are going to be super motivated to beat us no matter the circumstances. My heart says we will win but my mind says it is going to be a high scoring draw. It would be interesting to see the team Wenger picks on Tuesday against Bayern which can have lot of says on both our physical and mental preparation for the NLD.

Our form has been dismal in the league. We beat Sunderland but lost away to Stoke, got spanked by Liverpool, drew against a hapless out of form, out of sorts United at the Emirates. We need to get our tactics right cos they have the players to hurt us. We simply cannot go out and commit forward the sort of numbers we did against Everton cos it can really backfire. This games is going to be a high tempo end to end stuff and playing Arteta in this one will not be a wise idea. I hope Ramsey is back for this and i want him to partner Flamini in the middle of the park. As i said the game against Bayern is more of a distraction than a help.

I still think we can win the title, we're only 4 points behind and there's still enough games to make up the gap.
I think Wenger got the tactics spot on against Everton by pinning their fullbacks back and exploiting space left in behind and I think adopting similar tactics against Spurs will work considering how big a liability Kyle Walker is. Flamini looks worse than Arteta in fast paced games IMO, he was poor yesterday and against City earlier on this season both in end to end games. Arteta does a better job than Flamini at stopping the counter too, Flamini seemed to stop doing this after his yellow yesterday. I'd start Flamini against Bayern because they'd probably have more of the ball and he has a better engine.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GoonerBeatYa » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:21 pm

Massa wrote:
Szczesny
Ramsey Arteta
Cazorla Özil Chamberlain
Giroud

" I eat football. Sleep football. I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate."
- Thierry Henry
GoonerBeatYa
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby ivan itchybum » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:24 pm

Zedie wrote:
ivän itchybüm wrote:If the Chavs can beat them we can beat them. They'll be well up for it though...

I dont know. I think they will be shitting it personally. They are under pressure atm. Their 4th place chances are slipping, sherwood went off on one quite publicly and they will be nervous as f**k trying not to make those same horrendous mistakes they did against chelsea
They could respond to the drama, but they havent really had a track record of comebacks after setbacks this season.

Hope you're right. As Keane said after the FA cup game against them, "Tottenham will always let you down" :lol:
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Next

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14