FC Bayern 1-1 Arsenal | Champions League 11/03/14

Re: FC Bayern vs Arsenal | Champions League 11/03/14

Postby Angelito » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:06 pm

kronickaos wrote:
Angelito wrote:1-1 is better than losing. Just hope Ozil and Ox are fine. Cannot afford anymore injuries...

GSK_AFC wrote:Giroud is a cancer to the club, he has a defeatist mentality.

Missed the game. What did he do?

played like giroud. :sneaky:

TBF he wasn't given too many good opportunities, but was virtually anonymous the whole game and muffed an easy pass late in the game.

The sad part is that we can't even afford to bench him anymore...
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Schlandi » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:08 pm

kronickaos wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
kronickaos wrote:
ivän itchybüm wrote:...

german "humour?"

Tirol on the right side of this shit so these dudes are some Bayern fans from Austria.

close enough.

sie alle deutsch sprechen, ja?

Dunno if I would call the gibberish they speak in especially parts of Bayern or Austria german I can barely understand their hardcore Schluchtenscheisser :P ("gorge- dumper") version of our beautiful language ;)

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Angelito » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:08 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:
Angelito wrote:1-1 is better than losing. Just hope Ozil and Ox are fine. Cannot afford anymore injuries...

Just did what he normally does when the tie looked over by dropping his head. That comment was a bit in the moment, I think it was when he had an easy pull back to Poldi at the end but loitered on the ball until the chance went.

Yeah. It's just sad that we have a striker who can't do shit in games when it matters and when he scores two pointless goals when we're at winning position, he's hailed as our messiah.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby srd1886 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:10 pm

Referees ruined the ties on both occasions.
srd1886
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:10 pm

Angelito wrote:
kronickaos wrote:

TBF he wasn't given too many good opportunities, but was virtually anonymous the whole game and muffed an easy pass late in the game.

Even more sad if Sanogo doesn't get back to the form he showed in the previous games we're back down to Giroud being our only viable striker.

I said as much after the Everton game, Giroud is a flat track bully, he scored to good goals but only because Everton were open and chasing the game, as soon as he faces a prepared better organised defense he's too limited to add anything to the team.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby kronickaos » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:11 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:
kronickaos wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
kronickaos wrote:

german "humour?"

Tirol on the right side of this shit so these dudes are some Bayern fans from Austria.

close enough.

Dunno if I would call the gibberish they speak in especially parts of Bayern or Austria german I can barely understand their hardcore Schluchtenscheisser :P ("gorge- dumper") version of our beautiful language ;)

:rofll:

I love hearing Swiss people speak German. They try so hard to sound perfect that it sounds unnatural.
kronickaos
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ts23237 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:16 pm

Ref is a tan geordie f u c k. I sincerely hope his kids come out ginger.
ts23237
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Zinc » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:17 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Zinc wrote:Not an awful result but the way we used the ball was annoying, final ball was atrocious. The story remains the same, we need a better striker.

The result flattered us don't you think ?

I dunno, maybe, think we generally defended quite well and nullified a lot of what Munich did but we also rode our luck a little. I just don't think we used the ball well at all, no quality in the final ball at all. I feel sorry for Giroud because he spent a lot of the game isolated but when his chances came he did nothing and without pace and ability on the ball he needs to use his physicality and height to cause problems, he did none of that tonight, flung himself about a bit and pulled faces.

Podolski on the other hand played with anger, he doesn't do enough for me but he at least looked comfortable with the stage he was on.
Massa wrote:Barely a goalscorer when he plays for Bayern
Zinc
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zinc » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:20 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:
kronickaos wrote:

Even more sad if Sanogo doesn't get back to the form he showed in the previous games we're back down to Giroud being our only viable striker.

I said as much after the Everton game, Giroud is a flat track bully, he scored to good goals but only because Everton were open and chasing the game, as soon as he faces a prepared better organised defense he's too limited to add anything to the team.

The hype around Sanogo is laughable but predictable with our fickle fans, just a few more sitters spurned like the one against Stoke and he'll be on the scrap heap with Giroud.
Last edited by Zinc on Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Massa wrote:Barely a goalscorer when he plays for Bayern
Zinc
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Schlandi » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:22 pm

kronickaos wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
kronickaos wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
kronickaos wrote:

german "humour?"

close enough.

:rofll:

I love hearing Swiss people speak German. They try so hard to sound perfect that it sounds unnatural.

Yeah, swiss german sounds kind of funny.
Also "Vienna german" sounds decent

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Angelito » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:23 pm

For the rest of the season, all we need to do is feed Podolski on the edge of the box and he will score. He's our best and perhaps only direct outlet and we need to ensure we get the ball to him around the opposition's box.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:27 pm

Zinc wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:
kronickaos wrote:

The hype around Sanogo is laughable but predictable with our fickle fans, just a few more sitters spurned like the one against Everton and he'll be on the scrap heap with Giroud.

That's not where I sit and I don't get what your on about?

If there is this "hype" then he shouldn't be missing sitters, but quite frankly there is no hype, we've seen him play, he plays decent and we're hoping he continues.

Last game was a step backward, he wasn't really in the game however hopefully that was a one off, I still think he'll end up a good player.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby addict » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:27 pm

Zedie wrote:
Dejan wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:Giroud wasn't great but had no service most of the game. Wasn't and isn't as bad as people are making out.

ozil was worse brother

True.

True for every single big game we' ve had this season. :lipssealed:
addict
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:30 pm

Angelito wrote:For the rest of the season, all we need to do is feed Podolski on the edge of the box and he will score. He's our best and perhaps only direct outlet and we need to ensure we get the ball to him around the opposition's box.

Don't worry everyone will turn on him by end of next week, because apparently he doesn't add anything, some people must think we don't need goals? :dontknow:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby S4cePL » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:32 pm

Does Guardiola train his teams to dive or are they born divers and he just brings out that aspect in them? Bunch of diving, cheating, nagging c**** just like Sergio Biscuits and his previous team.

On to the next game. And, it probably goes without saying but I really really really am going to miss Lukasz.
S4cePL
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14