FC Bayern 1-1 Arsenal | Champions League 11/03/14

Re: FC Bayern vs Arsenal | Champions League 11/03/14

Postby Zedie » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:27 am

Cripps wrote:I would have loved Suarez when he was at Ajax. He was great for them. Liverpool got him at a ridiculously low price. We missed out there.

He might not have scored against us this season but he brings more than goals in games. He's still involved. Best player on the pitch v us in the 5-1. Best striker in the world with probably only Zlatan rivalling him. Falcao and Cavani aren't even close.

We probably didnt look at him because of his track record disciplinary wise.

Either way, i bet 5% of the footballing following population actually knew who he was prior to that world cup hand ball.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:37 am

Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:47 am

Robben... :disgust:

(Just seen some highlights)
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:10 am

Callum wrote:Image

But ........ but .......... he does nothing??

:doh:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:22 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

He does have a tendency to drift out of games (was virtually invisible against Stoke) but acquitted himself very well tonight. His goal was well taken and I hope he starts versus Spurs at the weekend.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:30 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

That could have been easily a foul, take that out and it was a typical Podolski game. Gets the ball and pass it to nearest player and move on. He has a coward playing style and he is simply not good enough imo
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yago » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:53 am

He didn't have a great game, but it was a good goal. His finishing is great. No foul btw.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby gooney » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:58 am

Yago wrote:He didn't have a great game, but it was a good goal. His finishing is great. No foul btw.

He is from what I read our second best paid player with over 100k a week. If you think thats 100k player, then you are wrong. Podolski is not someone you can keep as a backup player. Sell him and get us a proper wide forward
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:03 am

podolski is a good finisher but every other part of his game is meh or meh^2
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:28 am

SchlandGooner wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
Zenith wrote:
ivän itchybüm wrote:...

How classy

Couldn't give a toss about what a handful of Bayern Munich fans think of us

They try to mock us but instead they mock themselves and their club

Nice try, nice try.

Disgusting classless krauts (and that's me being polite). They still haven't got over being thrashed by the gunners in 1918 and 1945.

You love to jump on the germans at every opportunity right ?

btw:
Are you able to read ?
Tirol is an area in Northern Italy and Austria so they aren't "krauts" so sadly you might have to jump on your (most of the time) ally Italy, I guess you are really disappointed right now.. :rolleyes:

Wikipedia:
Today its territory is divided between the Italian region of Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol (Italy), a small part of the Italian region of Veneto (Cortina d'Ampezzo and other villages) and the Austrian state of Tyrol.

What does that have to do with anything? Since when has munich been in Italy? And if youre referring to that tirol, the principle remains the same (except 1943 instead of 1945) for if it's Italian and exactly the same if its the Austrian part (given Austria was a part of Germany at the time)
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Schlandi » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:59 am

gooney wrote:That could have been easily a foul, take that out and it was a typical Podolski game. Gets the ball and pass it to nearest player and move on. He has a coward playing style and he is simply not good enough imo

The long ball to Gnabry, the fouls the Bayern defence needed to stop his runs down the line (among others the Yellow for Martinez), his drifting to the right side aso. Dunno how often he made clever runs into open positions and didn't get the ball from Giroud, Gnabry or Santi..
Still run between the boxes after the 75min mark although most people here claim he is not fit enough to do that.

But I know he has absolutly no backup by some people here even if we would play like Messi.

btw:
He was mostly rated as the best or 2nd best Arsenal player here by the press and "experts" yesterday and by far not every media and expert wrote that it was a stonewall foul.

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Schlandi » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:24 am

Royal Gooner wrote:What does that have to do with anything? Since when has munich been in Italy? And if youre referring to that tirol, the principle remains the same (except 1943 instead of 1945) for if it's Italian and exactly the same if its the Austrian part (given Austria was a part of Germany at the time)

Italy was your ally most of the time during the two wars maybe you grab a history book before posting nonsense.
And good luck in your easy stereotype world I'm tired of your "world war shit" and "german bashing" so I will just ignore you and don't waste any time anymore on your german hating braindump maybe some time also you will arrive in the 21. century.

btw:
How many german players are at Arsenal atm (6?) , I dunno how you can still support Arsenal with such an amount of these bastard krauts :rolleyes:

And I'm really disappointed that such crap is continously allowed here if I would write always like that about England I'm quiet sure I would be banned very fast..

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Angelito » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:23 am

SchlandGooner wrote:
gooney wrote:That could have been easily a foul, take that out and it was a typical Podolski game. Gets the ball and pass it to nearest player and move on. He has a coward playing style and he is simply not good enough imo

The long ball to Gnabry, the fouls the Bayern defence needed to stop his runs down the line (among others the Yellow for Martinez), his drifting to the right side aso. Dunno how often he made clever runs into open positions and didn't get the ball from Giroud, Gnabry or Santi..
Still run between the boxes after the 75min mark although most people here claim he is not fit enough to do that.

But I know he has absolutly no backup by some people here even if we would play like Messi.

btw:
He was mostly rated as the best or 2nd best Arsenal player here by the press and "experts" yesterday and by far not every media and expert wrote that it was a stonewall foul.

It seems only you and I rate Podolski around here. It's just a travesty and some want him gone; some consider his goal scoring "not good enough" because at Arsenal passing > scoring, while some consider him poorer than Gnabry...

7 goals and 2 assists in 10 starts. #NotGoodEnough
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby yosifun » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:08 am

Angelito wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:

btw:

It seems only you and I rate Podolski around here. It's just a travesty and some want him gone; some consider his goal scoring "not good enough" because at Arsenal passing > scoring, while some consider him poorer than Gnabry...

7 goals and 2 assists in 10 starts. #NotGoodEnough

You're not alone mate, I rate Poldi too (I think PG as well), it's a shame people here underestimate the guy.

I didn't watch the game, didn't have high hopes either, we can now focus on the FA cup and the critical matches in the league.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Dejan » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:08 am

PG hates podolski
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext