FC Bayern 1-1 Arsenal | Champions League 11/03/14

Re: FC Bayern vs Arsenal | Champions League 11/03/14

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:56 pm

Zedie wrote:
Dejan wrote:we need to go in this is sparta mode from minute 1

Muller neuer need chest kicks inside 5 minutes.

You'll be wanting Flamini starting then?
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby GSK_AFC » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:56 pm

Personally I think we've got no chance. Bayern will turn up this time after what happened last year.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:01 pm

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Dejan wrote:we need to go in this is sparta mode from minute 1

Muller neuer need chest kicks inside 5 minutes.

You'll be wanting Flamini starting then?

In Nigel De Jongs abscence, yes.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:03 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:Personally I think we've got no chance. Bayern will turn up this time after what happened last year.

They hadnt turned up in the first leg until the red card.

I honestly think they wont look as allstar as they were allowed to having the 1 man advantage.

In fact, if we can get one of theirs to commit in the box, I would love to see how well they cope in a similar situation.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:05 pm

Wolfsburg were causing Bayern all kinds of problems for basically 60 minutes until they practically decided to stop defending. Rafinha had a hard time against Rodriguez, Lahm - who played in midfield - was struggling to track KDB's runs, Boateng looked shaky etc. Couldn't believe how poor Bayern were - if Wolfsburg had a better end product, Bayern would have conceded more than just one goal in that first 50-55 minutes. If they have another off day like they obviously had against Wolfsburg I can see us win there again, but at the end of the day they're still the best team in the world right and if they really, genuinely show up we wouldn't stand much of a chance. Last year we were the first team in months who beat them on their own ground, i'm sure they have learnt not to underestimate us and take us very seriously.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby GSK_AFC » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:08 pm

Zedie wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:Personally I think we've got no chance. Bayern will turn up this time after what happened last year.

I honestly think they wont look as allstar as they were allowed to having the 1 man advantage.

In fact, if we can get one of theirs to commit in the box, I would love to see how well they cope in a similar situation.

They beat Juve 2-0 despite winning 2-0 in the first leg last season and beat Barcelona 3-0 despite winning 4-0 in the first leg. I think they've learnt their lesson and even if we go at them at full force they'll still beat us.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:15 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:
Zedie wrote:

They beat Juve 2-0 despite winning 2-0 in the first leg last season and beat Barcelona 3-0 despite winning 4-0 in the first leg. I think they've learnt their lesson and even if we go at them at full force they'll still beat us.

Meh, that was last season. This season, I saw them sweating hard until a red gave them the tie.

While I appreciate we could be on the end of a monster beating if we play like we did v lpool, I honestly think they are a beatable team.

I dont feel the same way about them today as I did v a 2008 barca for example.

I actually like out chances if we decide to turn up.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:21 pm

As i said in the other thread this game is more of a distraction than a help in light of the NLD at the weekend. If we go for it they will tear a new one for us mercilessly. If lightning does strike twice and we beat them then i bow down to the lads but chances are that it will be a score draw with them definitely trying to do enough to seal the tie. I would play Arteta alongside AOC in the midfield and rest Flamini as we need Flamini to -play alongside Ramsey for the weekend's game against Tottenham. I would rest Ozil and Cazorla and play Rosicky in the CAM position with Gnabry and Podolski on the flanks. does not matter who starts for us up front cos no matter how you paint and despite Giroud scoring brace at the weekend our Strikers stand out like a sore thumb in our squad. Monreal and Jenkinson would be my pick at the Full back position with Merts and Verms donning the Center-back duties. We need to keep as many players fresh for the NLD as we can.

.................................Giroud/Sanogo.......................

Podolski..................... Rosicky...................Gnabry

..........................Arteta...............AOC........................

Monreal............Kos................Merts..........Jenkinson

.....................................Fabianski.................................

Monreal...........
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:11 pm

Plymöuth Gööner wrote:
Massa wrote:If we went through in the CL I'd fancy us more in that than the league.

Big 'if' though

Big IF but beating Bayern and advancing in the CL is more likely than us winning the League now, which is why I'd rather hope we do well here, especially after the awful FA Cup draw.

I fancy us in the CL against the big boys that against mighty morphins Chelsea or City, or even Everton at Goodison. Lightening won't strike twice.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Callum » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:45 pm

Massa wrote:I fancy us against any of them bar Madrid. Genuinely. We've got 4th place wrapped up so if we did go through we'd go all out in the cups

I got absolutely slaughtered a couple of weeks ago for saying we could beat PSG.

Yeah, it can be done, but it's highly improbable. I'm basically resigned to us going out so won't be too disappointed if/ when we do. I just can't see us catching them out again.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:51 pm

Callum wrote:
Massa wrote:I fancy us against any of them bar Madrid. Genuinely. We've got 4th place wrapped up so if we did go through we'd go all out in the cups

I got absolutely slaughtered a couple of weeks ago for saying we could beat PSG.

I'm significantly more handsome than you

Yeah, it can be done, but it's highly improbable. I'm basically resigned to us going out so won't be too disappointed if/ when we do. I just can't see us catching them out again.

Yeah it won't happen but I was talking about the hypothetical situation that we didn't mess up.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby gooney » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:13 pm

I just hope Bayern doesnt click. They can destroy any team in the world on their day and last thing our fragile team needs is a pating going into the NLD. I take a 2-1 or even 2-0 loss here and just move on
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Angelito » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:23 am

If we beat Bayern, yeah Lol--now let's get back; if we do, I hope we draw Barca in the QF. I genuinely believe we can beat this Barca side over Madrid or PSG, or even Chelsea.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:33 am

Fabianski
Sagna Merts Vermaelen Gibbs (if fit)
Rosicky Flamini
Chamberlain Ozil Podolski
Giroud

Nothing to lose here, we need 3 goals to qualify as it is - if Bayern score 1 we'll still need 3, might as well go all guns blazing. If we get an early goal a la last season, anything can happen. If we somehow go 2-0 up or even 2-1 up expect Munich to be rattled. I'm expecting a very exciting match, quietly confident that we may see a miracle. Here's to hoping, anyway.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby FrustratedGooner » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:20 am

give the players freedom emotional freedom and physical freedom they have nothing to lose now If we go out and enjoy ourselfs it will be better then going out trying to win the game! Early goal and game on really they can give allot in the game because we have 5 days rest depending how you look at it!
FrustratedGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14