Arsenal 4-1 Everton | The FA Cup 08/03/14

Re: Arsenal vs Everton | The FA Cup 08/03/14

Postby GoonerBeatYa » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:02 pm

I think we are just too cautious when starting games. We look tired and sluggish within the first 5minutes! Tactics I don't know, but something has to change.

" I eat football. Sleep football. I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate."
- Thierry Henry
GoonerBeatYa
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Callum » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:24 pm

Szczesny
Sagna - Mertesacker (c) - Koscielny - Gibbs
Flamini - Wilshere
Chamberlain - Özil - Podolski
Sanogo
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby elkanofan » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:56 am

Chamberlin needs to start most if not every game, we need some pace on the flanks badly.

We could even experiment by putting Gnabry there and tell him to beat players out wide and NOT cut in, we have enough players doing that.

Szczesny
Sagna - Mertesacker (c) - Koscielny - Gibbs
Flamini - Wilshere
Chamberlain - Özil - Rosicky
Sanogo
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:07 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Yago wrote:Arteta - Flamini?

no thanks

Wanky Wilshere is no good as a CM

I find that descriptor very disrespectful to one of our top young players. I would expect that sort of comment from a spud fan, not a Gooner towards his own player.

Yet your happy to sit and say nothing when people rip into Giroud being a Donkey and call him wank all game, or do you not care because he's French unlike Jack?

I'll make an off the cuff comment when I want matey, I don't need to watch my P's & Q's on your say so fluff.

However if you must know I like Wilshere just fine but I don't think he's a good deep CM his talents lay in dribbling the ball and those attacking drives he does toward goal.

I think Jack's problem is he's been quite a downgrade from Ramsey at CM.

Ramsey takes control of games and runs them from start to finish, Jack only plays well when the opposition allows him from their own shittyness.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:36 am

Chambo has to start. Ozil has to.

Jack shouldn't start. He's useless as a CM. Giroud shouldn't. Cazorla shouldn't.

Chamberlain scored 2 goals from CM against Palace and since then he's not even played as a CM! Wenger logic!

Chambo - Flamini in the middle. Gnabry - Ozil - Podolski behind Sanogo/Bendtner.

I'd also start Vermaelen over Kosc here. Vermaelen isn't any shitty defender and we should use him. Alternatively, he could start against Bayern.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:12 am

Royal Gooner wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

no thanks

I find that descriptor very disrespectful to one of our top young players. I would expect that sort of comment from a spud fan, not a Gooner towards his own player.

Yet your happy to sit and say nothing when people rip into Giroud being a Donkey and call him wank all game, or do you not care because he's French unlike Jack?

I'll make an off the cuff comment when I want matey, I don't need to watch my P's & Q's on your say so fluff.

However if you must know I like Wilshere just fine but I don't think he's a good deep CM his talents lay in dribbling the ball and those attacking drives he does toward goal.

I still question why a Gooner would insult one of our players that way. A true Arsenal fan would never talk about one of the clubs players like that. That that includes every one of them.

Your opinion on what makes an Arsenal fan doesn't concern me, I think if someones been supporting "the club, not the players who come and go" since 1985 that qualifies?

Well I'm glad its not just me your mad at then, god forbid the insults that were given to Gervinho about his forehead, Giroud being a Donkey etc etc etc.

You must have a problem with 3/4 of the forum?

What I would suggest to you is that you don't take off the cuff "insults" too seriously, lifes too short, If I had said Wilshere, I hate him blah blah you may have a point however me saying he's wank at CM is nothing to raise as an issue.

Also I refuse to take criticsm from someone who's known for their relatively racist attitude towards foreigners. (Unless I have the wrong person which I'm sure from memory I don't). :biggrin:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:20 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

no thanks

I still question why a Gooner would insult one of our players that way. A true Arsenal fan would never talk about one of the clubs players like that. That that includes every one of them.

Also I refuse to take criticsm from someone who's known for their relatively racist attitude towards foreigners. (Unless I have the wrong person which I'm sure from memory I don't). :biggrin:

Oh please :rolleyes: Learn the correct definition of the word before using it.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:51 pm

Ok so is bigot a better definition for you?

Separistist? Anti multicultural?

Take your pick, lots to choose from.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:13 pm

xenophobic
zɛnəˈfəʊbɪk/Submit
adjective
having or showing an intense or irrational dislike or fear of people from other countries.

I think is what you're looking for.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Git » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:36 pm

PATRIOT.

THE WORD HE'S LOOKING FOR IS PATRIOT.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Angelito » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:51 pm

Btw, if this ends as a draw after 90 mins, then it goes to extra time and possibly a penalty shoot out, right?
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Youngie » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:54 pm

Angelito wrote:Btw, if this ends as a draw after 90 mins, then it goes to extra time and possibly a penalty shoot out, right?

I think so, but lets hope it doesn't have to come for that. We need the early goal.

What team will Wenger play?

:dontknow:
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Callum » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:10 pm

Royal Gooner is the only person I've ever come across from these isles who'd refer to a Welshman as a 'foreigner'.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Youngie » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:24 pm

Callum wrote:Royal Gooner is the only person I've ever come across from these isles who'd refer to a Welshman as a 'foreigner'.

:sneaky2:

The Welsh are the true English tbf.
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:33 pm

Youngie wrote:
Callum wrote:Royal Gooner is the only person I've ever come across from these isles who'd refer to a Welshman as a 'foreigner'.

:sneaky2:

The Welsh are the true English tbf.

Tut tut actually (and I'm being pedantic here) the Welsh are not the true English as "the English" refers to England which is an abbreviation of Angleland which comes from the Angles & Saxons settling Briton so they renamed their part of Briton, Angle-land.

But yes the Welsh are true Celts which were the original inhabitants of Briton.

Think I'm on the wrong forum, this is not the History forum.

And to Royal Gooner I'm yanking yer chain pal, don't really think your a semi-racist even if you are (don't know you well enough to be sure). ;)
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14