Stoke City 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby UFGN » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:25 pm

Callum wrote:
Plymöuth Gööner wrote:^ Sagna is one of our top players - he might be going!

True but I think he means losing players like we did with van Persie and Nasri, where we really didn't want to sell, as opposed to losing a player because we're at a stand off in terms of his contract.



Its exactly the same. Losing a player for financial reasons.
Image
User avatar
UFGN
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 19434
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby Cripps » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:25 pm

I'd rather finish 2nd than 17th but i agree with the rest.

CL is pointless as we do nothing in it
Cripps
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 43234
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:05 pm

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby gooney » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:32 pm

Our stats for the so called great stats is looking average now as well. We really got carried away midway trough the season about how great the defense is and how we have improved.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 14987
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby Gunpowder » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:38 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:
Callum wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
Callum wrote:All about the FA Cup now. I'd prefer to win that and finish outside of the top four than finish 3rd/ 4th and not win it.

I wouldn't. We'd lose Özil in the summer and good luck getting a top striker without CL football.

No we wouldn't. One season outside of the Champions League wouldn't see him leave, especially when he's been a bit off of the pace. If he was carrying us then perhaps I'd understand.

I don't think Spurs, Everton or United will catch us though so I'm not too worried, but I really want the FA Cup.

I think he would, every WC player would want to play in the best competition in world football. The fact he's been a bit off the pace makes it worse IMO because it might make him want to move even more. Either way the striker point stands.
I want the FA Cup too but it would be one step forward two steps back because we'd be weaker next season.


I don't think requesting transfer after a year would help his image around football world. He also has a contract and he can't do much about it. He'll stick around two more seasons.
User avatar
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7518
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:48 pm
Location: İstanbul, Turkey

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby Zedie » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:48 pm

Gunpowder wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
Callum wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
Callum wrote:All about the FA Cup now. I'd prefer to win that and finish outside of the top four than finish 3rd/ 4th and not win it.

I wouldn't. We'd lose Özil in the summer and good luck getting a top striker without CL football.

No we wouldn't. One season outside of the Champions League wouldn't see him leave, especially when he's been a bit off of the pace. If he was carrying us then perhaps I'd understand.

I don't think Spurs, Everton or United will catch us though so I'm not too worried, but I really want the FA Cup.

I think he would, every WC player would want to play in the best competition in world football. The fact he's been a bit off the pace makes it worse IMO because it might make him want to move even more. Either way the striker point stands.
I want the FA Cup too but it would be one step forward two steps back because we'd be weaker next season.


I don't think requesting transfer after a year would help his image around football world. He also has a contract and he can't do much about it. He'll stick around two more seasons.



I dont think it would affect his image for more than a few weeks tbh.

Our best bet of actually keeping him is to come out swinging early and set down a marker for a striker from before the season has ended. We just cant be dragging shit on. Half the window will be practically suspended anyway due to WC and prices will just go stupid for any amount of goals/half decent performances.

The suits need to be working from NOW.
Image
User avatar
Zedie
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 33184
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:09 pm
Location: in the man cave

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby mrbuff » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:24 pm

Tottenham kept Bale for a while Liverpool kept hold of Suarez Man United have got Rooney to sign a contract. That we put so much importance to the champions league as the attraction to our club is why we have a hard time keeping our best players. As well as constantly playing them and giving them no competition and no reason to give 100 per cent and the objective clearly being only to qualify for the champions league. We come across as weak
mrbuff
Charlie George
Charlie George
 
Posts: 520
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:16 pm

Re: Stoke City 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby elkanofan » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:18 am

What a load of crap. We didnt play well. Nor look like taking control.

Adam should had been sent off twice!
User avatar
elkanofan
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 13339
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: I'm goin Latin America

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:34 am

GSK_AFC wrote:
Callum wrote:All about the FA Cup now. I'd prefer to win that and finish outside of the top four than finish 3rd/ 4th and not win it.

I wouldn't. We'd lose Özil in the summer and good luck getting a top striker without CL football.


Liverpool got Suarez without CL football. It's definitely possible.
Our specialist in failure can f**k off
If you support this fraud and still think you're an Arsenal fan, you're wrong
User avatar
ThereIsBearCüm
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 15430
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:17 pm
Location: Straya

Re: Stoke City 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby badup » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:41 am

It's pretty f***ing sad that people are already talking about Özil leaving...

The overreactions here are unbelievable, stop being such Chicken Little bitches after every setback.
User avatar
badup
Charlie George
Charlie George
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:50 am

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby Zedie » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:53 am

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
Callum wrote:All about the FA Cup now. I'd prefer to win that and finish outside of the top four than finish 3rd/ 4th and not win it.

I wouldn't. We'd lose Özil in the summer and good luck getting a top striker without CL football.


Liverpool got Suarez without CL football. It's definitely possible.


Of course it is. Problem being that Suarez wasnt held in the same regard then as he is now and was laughed at as the woodwork king in his first season.

Also, im pretty dubious as to whether people would be too happy to finish 8th and properly struggle for years.

Theres a lot of talk about it being the best option, but the reality would be supremely gut wrenching for a long period of time.
Image
User avatar
Zedie
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 33184
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:09 pm
Location: in the man cave

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:03 am

Zedie wrote:
ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
Callum wrote:All about the FA Cup now. I'd prefer to win that and finish outside of the top four than finish 3rd/ 4th and not win it.

I wouldn't. We'd lose Özil in the summer and good luck getting a top striker without CL football.


Liverpool got Suarez without CL football. It's definitely possible.


Of course it is. Problem being that Suarez wasnt held in the same regard then as he is now and was laughed at as the woodwork king in his first season.

Also, im pretty dubious as to whether people would be too happy to finish 8th and properly struggle for years.

Theres a lot of talk about it being the best option, but the reality would be supremely gut wrenching for a long period of time.


Suarez back then was a hell of a lot better than what we have now.

No one's talking about finishing 8th? :dontknow:
Our specialist in failure can f**k off
If you support this fraud and still think you're an Arsenal fan, you're wrong
User avatar
ThereIsBearCüm
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 15430
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:17 pm
Location: Straya

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby gooney » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:31 am

Zedie wrote:
ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
Callum wrote:All about the FA Cup now. I'd prefer to win that and finish outside of the top four than finish 3rd/ 4th and not win it.

I wouldn't. We'd lose Özil in the summer and good luck getting a top striker without CL football.


Liverpool got Suarez without CL football. It's definitely possible.


Of course it is. Problem being that Suarez wasnt held in the same regard then as he is now and was laughed at as the woodwork king in his first season.

Also, im pretty dubious as to whether people would be too happy to finish 8th and properly struggle for years.

Theres a lot of talk about it being the best option, but the reality would be supremely gut wrenching for a long period of time.

The reality would be a step backwards and the board being forced to take a direction. Either they start to get their sh1t together and start to run Arsenal as a football club or they will run the club like Mike Ashley and make sure they still make money. Even that is better than this because that would unite the fans and we will have a common enemy. The board can never defeat united fan base......the only reason why they are getting away with things now is Wenger is the buffer they use for protection as large portion of our fan base is loyal to him. Take him out and we will take them out or they will change
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 14987
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: Stoke City 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby Angelito » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:41 am

FA Cup and 5th place. I'd take it. The only problem is that if Wenger stays, he won't buy any players and would let Sagna leave, sell Vermaelen, and also listen to offers for few of our players, whilst not adequately replacing them. Also, he'd add that the main target is to achieve CL football and work from there on if we do miss out. It'd be the same old shit with him.

If we don't get 4th, do you guys realistically see Wenger leaving? I can't, especially if we win the FA Cup. If we finished 8th and without the FA Cup, yes, he will leave but that's too depressing of a thought. Wenger's got this by our balls.
Image
User avatar
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 26286
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: The Overlook Hotel

Re: Stoke City 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:58 am

I think he'd still be here if we were relegated, and the herd would still be bleating excuses for him.
Our specialist in failure can f**k off
If you support this fraud and still think you're an Arsenal fan, you're wrong
User avatar
ThereIsBearCüm
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 15430
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:17 pm
Location: Straya

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby SAINTNICKLE » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:12 am

GSK_AFC wrote:
Callum wrote:All about the FA Cup now. I'd prefer to win that and finish outside of the top four than finish 3rd/ 4th and not win it.

I wouldn't. We'd lose Özil in the summer and good luck getting a top striker without CL football.


Where have you been for the last 8 months .We cant get a top striker when we are in the champions league.
SAINTNICKLE
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:36 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 13/14

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest