Page 56 of 59

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:29 pm
by Arsenal~Fanatic
Trina wrote:Only just got to see the score, what happened?! Read sky sports commentary and it read foul after foul.

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2


We should have no complaints. The result actually flattered us. The margin of defeat could have been more if Stoke had taken their chances and possessed a bit more quality on their final ball. Everybody bar the defence and keeper was wank today.

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm
by Santi
Crouch had a piss easy chance too, was a warning but oh well.

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:45 pm
by gooney
Mesüt wrote:All you have to do is kick them a few times early on and show you wont be pushed over, ain't hard. Plus if you get them riled up they will get cards.

Its not about scaring people. Stoke plays a type of football we struggle against. Liverpool put 5 past them at their place. They didnt need to scare them. Kicking few stoke players will just give them freekicks and yellow cards to us. They defend deep with alot of players. We dont have the players to hurt this kind of system. So it was really easy for them today

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:58 pm
by defcon2005
bit worried after watching this rubbish today,
we tried both the long ball and the passing game and were no good at either? i think resting ozil in this game was a huge mistake as it gave the impression to stoke that we were wary even scared of them. so many went awol today its hard to pick out the worst player from the ones who got involved and played crap like rosser and jack and the ones who just hid like santi and poldi??
its hard to see without the fire power how we can stop the slide and stay in the top four i really hope im wrong but defo the fa cup or bust

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:08 pm
by gooney
defcon2005 wrote:bit worried after watching this rubbish today,
we tried both the long ball and the passing game and were no good at either? i think resting ozil in this game was a huge mistake as it gave the impression to stoke that we were wary even scared of them. so many went awol today its hard to pick out the worst player from the ones who got involved and played crap like rosser and jack and the ones who just hid like santi and poldi??
its hard to see without the fire power how we can stop the slide and stay in the top four i really hope im wrong but defo the fa cup or bust

We cant....thats what you get when you have grioud, bendtner and sanogo strike force. I think people are extremely generous on us when they say we lack the mental strength. It make it sound like we have the players to win the league when in reality we dont

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:12 pm
by UFGN
Very very very bad.

Nothing good can be taken from this at all

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:14 pm
by Mike Dean
HA!

Another late season meltdown by Arsenal. This team has a habit of choking late in the season.

No strikers??? We all know Giroud does not even count as one =)

You go cheap. You pay the price.

Well deserved Wenger. Well deserved!

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:15 pm
by ivän itchybüm
League campaign is now over. Al we can do is put everything into the FA cup. This was our best chance at winning the league for awhile.

Next season we won't have a chance, everyone else will have strengthened too much and we'll have lost the likes of Sagna and Vermaelen.

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:27 pm
by gooney
Mike Dean wrote:HA!

Another late season meltdown by Arsenal. This team has a habit of choking late in the season.

No strikers??? We all know Giroud does not even count as one =)

You go cheap. You pay the price.

Well deserved Wenger. Well deserved!

I dont think Arsenal could care less about winning the league. The goal has always been make the top 4 and make the CL money. As a company we are making profits and thats all that matters. We are the definition of modern day football club with no soul

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:39 pm
by defcon2005
if im honest i dont give 2 shits about the fa cup anyway
i want to see us win the league and reach the later stages of the cl the only thing i have never seen us win as a football club ..just want to season to be over as soon as now and see if things can change in the close season ....?........

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:49 pm
by gooney
defcon2005 wrote:if im honest i dont give 2 shits about the fa cup anyway
i want to see us win the league and reach the later stages of the cl the only thing i have never seen us win as a football club ..just want to season to be over as soon as now and see if things can change in the close season ....?........

winning the fa cup is what we need. we havent won anything in ages and our players have no experience in winning anything. Winning breads winning. Look at Simona Halep and when she won her first title :dontknow:

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:55 pm
by defcon2005
yeah im sorry i just got all overcome with gloom i would take the fa cup over nothing at all

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:03 pm
by Callum
All about the FA Cup now. I'd prefer to win that and finish outside of the top four than finish 3rd/ 4th and not win it.

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:41 pm
by Tony Adams
Callum wrote:All about the FA Cup now. I'd prefer to win that and finish outside of the top four than finish 3rd/ 4th and not win it.


For the second time today I find myself agreeing with Callum!

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:43 pm
by gooney
Callum wrote:All about the FA Cup now. I'd prefer to win that and finish outside of the top four than finish 3rd/ 4th and not win it.

I wonder what the club would prefer :rofll: