Stoke City 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:22 pm

Zedie wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Podolski, Giroud and Sanogo clearly not good enough to be starters for a club like Arsenal. I hope there is unanimity on this topic after watching all three of them in action today. We need much better Strikers if we are to stay in title hunt next year as this year's title is lost already.



I think the last 2 have always been unanimous, i think whats always been debated is whether or not they are completely useless. If you base it on todays game yes, if you base it on the season no, but thats just my opinion.

I think Podolski being complete wank as a unified thought might only come up now.


That's pretty pathetic unless your stating it based on being a starting striker because you can't write off Sanogo at the start of his career the same way as Giroud.

Giroud get's two full seasons and is a senior and he's still as wanky as the day we got him, I'm not tarring a kid like Sanogo with lots of potential with the same brush no way.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 22947
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:22 pm

Sims wrote:
ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
Sims wrote:
ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
Sims wrote:
Freeloader wrote:
Sims wrote:I've never seen two players as poor and limited as Podolski & Giroud.


Giroud has good hold-up play though.


Podolski was even worse.


really wasn't


At least Giroud actually ran about. All Pod did was be his usual shite self but this time with f**k all effort.


You know Giroud is the one with 12 on his back right? The guy who spent half the game on the ground yelping about phantom injuries?


Yeah, funnily enough I didn't see the number 9 at all apart from the shot he blasted high and wide.


One more time than I saw the number 12. One more shot than he had as well.
Our specialist in failure can f**k off
If you support this fraud and still think you're an Arsenal fan, you're wrong
User avatar
ThereIsBearCüm
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 15430
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:17 pm
Location: Straya

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby Sims » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:23 pm

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
Sims wrote:
ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
Sims wrote:
ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
Sims wrote:
Freeloader wrote:
Sims wrote:I've never seen two players as poor and limited as Podolski & Giroud.


Giroud has good hold-up play though.


Podolski was even worse.


really wasn't


At least Giroud actually ran about. All Pod did was be his usual shite self but this time with f**k all effort.


You know Giroud is the one with 12 on his back right? The guy who spent half the game on the ground yelping about phantom injuries?


Yeah, funnily enough I didn't see the number 9 at all apart from the shot he blasted high and wide.


One more time than I saw the number 12. One more shot than he had as well.


Spose you can't count Giroud's pass to Begovic a shot. f**k me they're all shite.
Image
User avatar
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016
 
Posts: 31721
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:47 pm
Location: East London

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:24 pm

Callum wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Podolski, Giroud and Sanogo clearly not good enough to be starters for a club like Arsenal. I hope there is unanimity on this topic after watching all three of them in action today. We need much better Strikers if we are to stay in title hunt next year as this year's title is lost already.

Agreed, unfortunately.

I like all three of them but the first two especially were just awful today. Giroud was really shit but I at least knew he was playing - I have never seen a player as anonymous as Podolski was today. Sanogo is raw and shouldn't really be playing for us at the moment.



Cue what half the forum told you about getting someone in the Jan window.

Not giving you sh*t about it just pointing out that a lot of people saw this coming.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 22947
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby Callum » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:25 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Cue what half the forum told you about getting someone in the Jan window.

Not giving you sh*t about it just pointing out that a lot of people saw this coming.

I said plenty of times that we needed to buy in January. I never claimed that we were fine with what we have.
User avatar
Callum
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 36341
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 6:58 pm
Location: Kieran Tierney's back pocket

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby Santi » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:26 pm

Oh Luissss where are you
Image
User avatar
Santi
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 36671
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby Zedie » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:28 pm

Angelito wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Angelito wrote:
abc123 wrote: why do commentators (especially the guest commentators) hate Arsenal


Respect is earner. In Football, referring decisions are earned.


Zedie wrote:
Angelito wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:League's over ....... this is just the start, look at our fixtures.

Wenger and pet boy Giroudball fails as I knew it would.

Thanks for wasting our season with this BS.

Felled by the mighty Stoke.


But we beat Bayern?



The Mourinho press conference should be starting soon, you better switch over.


Sorry? I actually support Arsenal FC and not Wenger FC. It's alright dude.



Just noticed you seem to worship Mourinho a lot, its cool bud. You can be like Billie and support both teams if you want.


Yeah? Chelsea are 4 points ahead of us. And we've near about lost the League... Worry about that.

Nobody needs to worship Mou (I hate him but I know how you are, so it's not surprising)... His records speaks for itself. It's too sad that Wenger fanatics like you can't digest it.


Bro, you've practically got a hard on for him every time someone mentions him, its cool, dont need to be shy about it, own it. Im not really a Wenger fanatic, im just not the guy to shit the bed every time we drop points.

Ultimately, your utopia would be for the club to be free spending like the oil clubs, i get that. The only problem is, £125m - £200m whatever it is will never even match the money these teams have. Mourinho's record was purchased. You think he would have the same record if he had stayed at Porto? lol

Coincidentally, Might Mou also lost here.


Have you lost your mind, or are you practically accepting that we're nothing more than a 4th placed club?

I despise Mou so much that I supported f'kin Barca in their League campaign when he was at Madrid. Shows how delusional and narrow minded you are. Mou has a better track record than Wenger. That cannot be denied. Just because it's your father (an example because you're prone to misunderstanding; that doesn't mean he's the best or even good at everything). What's there to see is what they accomplish.

And you're not going to shit in bed because what have you seen pre-Wenger? You talk like 4th is overachieving at Arsenal. HA! We haven't won SHIT for 8 seasons and you're not going to shit your bed because we drop pints. Oh my, what a gangsta!

And blah blah about the last BS para. Just assuming shit. Like we're some no good Club instead of being the 2nd most successful Club of the PL era. Wow, kudos mate to how you're embraced mediocrity.



I can see you've gone full r***rd now, so ill leave it at this:

You think he would have the same record if he had stayed at Porto? lol - Answer the question lol
I've seen a lot pre-Wenger and i remember a lot. I'm definitely older than 14, so there must be a big age gap between us.
Clearly, im pissed about the result, but i also appreciate that we still have 10 games to go. On the other hand, all i see from you is mystic meg statements. Do you make these predictions on a magic carpet, while rubbing a crystal ball? Im honestly interested.
Image
User avatar
Zedie
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 33184
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:09 pm
Location: in the man cave

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby Zedie » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:30 pm

Sims wrote:
ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
Sims wrote:
ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
Sims wrote:
ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
Sims wrote:
Freeloader wrote:
Sims wrote:I've never seen two players as poor and limited as Podolski & Giroud.


Giroud has good hold-up play though.


Podolski was even worse.


really wasn't


At least Giroud actually ran about. All Pod did was be his usual shite self but this time with f**k all effort.


You know Giroud is the one with 12 on his back right? The guy who spent half the game on the ground yelping about phantom injuries?


Yeah, funnily enough I didn't see the number 9 at all apart from the shot he blasted high and wide.


One more time than I saw the number 12. One more shot than he had as well.


Spose you can't count Giroud's pass to Begovic a shot. f**k me they're all shite.


There's literally no debate to be had over who was more poor. Rosicky pushes them close, but at least he completed some passes.
Image
User avatar
Zedie
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 33184
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:09 pm
Location: in the man cave

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:31 pm

Wow this is bloody dire.

Really hitting home what this means for our title hopes now, FA Cup or nothing now.

I've been upset with a good few games but this ones pretty real, see losses like the Bayern one don't phase me because the effort and right way of playing is there so I was proud if anything that the team battled with 10 men against the best and were a penalty away from poss getting something but results like today with no attackers on the field feel like a capitulation.

What are our passers to do with no mobile attackers to give the ball to? this was not the same team that beat Liverpool I can tell you that much.
Last edited by DiamondGooner on Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 22947
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby Callum » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:32 pm

save us Ramsey
User avatar
Callum
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 36341
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 6:58 pm
Location: Kieran Tierney's back pocket

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby Santi » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:32 pm

I spent £1500 today booking a two week caribbean cruise going next week and yet i'm still pissed off and my weekend is ruined, I hate you Arsenal :(
Image
User avatar
Santi
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 36671
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:40 pm

Mesüt wrote:I spent £1500 today booking a two week caribbean cruise going next week and yet i'm still pissed off and my weekend is ruined, I hate you Arsenal :(


Fk that sh*t go enjoy yourself, life's to short to let football spoil that for ya.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 22947
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby Tony Adams » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:47 pm

Haven't seen any of this game (and have no plans to catch up on the lowlights). Would a striker in January have won us the game or were we that bad we'd have probably lost anyway?
Image
User avatar
Tony Adams
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 36892
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:51 pm

Plymöuth Gööner wrote:Haven't seen any of this game (and have no plans to catch up on the lowlights). Would a striker in January have won us the game or were we that bad we'd have probably lost anyway?


We were shit, but it couldn't have hurt. Sanogo missed a pretty simple chance right at the death that decent striker would have finished.
Our specialist in failure can f**k off
If you support this fraud and still think you're an Arsenal fan, you're wrong
User avatar
ThereIsBearCüm
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 15430
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:17 pm
Location: Straya

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:53 pm

Plymöuth Gööner wrote:Haven't seen any of this game (and have no plans to catch up on the lowlights). Would a striker in January have won us the game or were we that bad we'd have probably lost anyway?


Even Sanogo and Ox starting would more than likely of won us the game.

The team runs out of the few ideas we can even have with Giroud up front because you know the story, pass, pass, pass nothing so just cross to Giroud, hope and pray and nothing.

Ox and Sanogo dig into teams run at them and make things happen and we don;t even bother with them so yes a good striker would of won us the game imo but as long as Giroud is here he'd of prob been on the bench along with Ozil, Sanogo and Ox.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 22947
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 13/14

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest