Stoke City 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby Gunpowder » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:34 pm

Zenith wrote:
StokeFan wrote:
Cripps wrote:The comment about it being one of the worst things to happen on a football field is a fair one.

Having a fellow professional go out and intentionally break your leg is a disgusting act and should not happen

Cripps, I'm sorry but I don't believe that Ryan Shawcross intentionally went out to hurt Aaron Ramsey. What happened was a terrible accident ultimately caused by a clumsy mistimed tackle.

Agreed.


Same here. He made a very stupid decision with slide in like that but I think his instant reaction is good enough to show he didn't mean it.
User avatar
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7603
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:48 pm
Location: İstanbul, Turkey

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby Santi » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:37 pm

I hope everyone is wearing RAMSEY 16 t-shirts under their kits so no matter who scores for us (assuming they do) we can rub it in their faces :)
Image
User avatar
Santi
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 38593
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby StokeFan » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:01 am

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
StokeFan wrote:
ThereIsBearCüm wrote:You can't tell me that the majority doesn't boo Rambo. And don't try and hide behind the "they're the opposition, they're fair game" argument. If that was the case, why don't you boo all of our players?

To be honest, I boo most of your players. I reserve special extended booing for Wilshere, Cazorla an


So you're saying the broadcasters add the boos themselves every time Ramsey gets on the ball?

I go to the games, so I wouldn't know what the atmosphere is like on TV. I can categorically tell you that sitting in my stand (Boothen End, opposite the away end), I've never heard more than a few ruffled boos and drunk W****rs who sing the same song week in week out with a different name. No different to the idiots who sing Munich songs to Manchester United fans and Hillsborough songs to Liverpool. I'm pretty sure they're no different to the idiots who turn up to your games with the sole aim of ruining them for other people.

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:If it wasn't dangerously high, how did Rambo's leg get snapped halfway between the knee and the ankle? You can't seriously be defending that tackle, it was f***ing atrocious.

I'm not defending it. When have I defended it? I've defended Ryan Shawcross, because I think those who suggest it was intentional are absolutely wrong. I've not looked at the exact spot that Ramsey snapped his leg but I thought it was his shin? If so, that would suggest the tackle was much lower than you're suggesting.
I genuinely don't want a row over this but in reality, the tackle itself was no more dangerous than the tackle Flamini put in a few weeks back. It was no more dangerous than the tackle Wilshere put in on Jermaine Pennant a few seasons back. The difference was the consequences, which in the case of Shawcross-Ramsey were horrific and a very talented young man had his career put on hold. Pennant's leg gave way and possibly saved him from a broken leg and Flamini didn't seem to catch the Southampton man but who knows if he had? Unfortunately, Ramsey's leg was planted and the sheer force of the tackle caused a horrific injury.

Put it like this, I'm pretty sure Ryan Shawcross will put that tackle down as the worst mistake of his professional career, not just because of the terrible injury he caused to Ramsey, but because of the effect it's had on his own footballing career. So like I said, to suggest it was intentional is just wrong I'm afraid.

Mesüt wrote:I hope everyone is wearing RAMSEY 16 t-shirts under their kits so no matter who scores for us (assuming they do) we can rub it in their faces :)

Rub what in our faces? I don't understand... I thought the whole point was to get past this ridiculous situation that keeps rearing its ugly head every time we play each other. It was a long time ago and considering the season Ramsey has had, there is no reason for it to continue. I've condemned my own fans, so I'm not going to say well you go right ahead and act like a dick, so to speak... Wear whatever shirt you like my friend, walk past a few Stoke fans and make sure you show it them, but don't take the moral high ground if you get upset when those fans you mocked sing "there's only one Ryan Shawcross", because that's what I call 'blind hypocrisy'. You support your player because he's your player, and we will support ours. What happened in the past should be completely irrelevant...

Or do you simply want this thing to go on, and on, and on, and on?
User avatar
StokeFan
Banned
 
Posts: 703
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:06 pm

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby dammyGunner » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:40 am

StokeFan wrote:
ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
StokeFan wrote:
ThereIsBearCüm wrote:You can't tell me that the majority doesn't boo Rambo. And don't try and hide behind the "they're the opposition, they're fair game" argument. If that was the case, why don't you boo all of our players?

To be honest, I boo most of your players. I reserve special extended booing for Wilshere, Cazorla an


So you're saying the broadcasters add the boos themselves every time Ramsey gets on the ball?

I go to the games, so I wouldn't know what the atmosphere is like on TV. I can categorically tell you that sitting in my stand (Boothen End, opposite the away end), I've never heard more than a few ruffled boos and drunk W****rs who sing the same song week in week out with a different name. No different to the idiots who sing Munich songs to Manchester United fans and Hillsborough songs to Liverpool. I'm pretty sure they're no different to the idiots who turn up to your games with the sole aim of ruining them for other people.

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:If it wasn't dangerously high, how did Rambo's leg get snapped halfway between the knee and the ankle? You can't seriously be defending that tackle, it was f***ing atrocious.

I'm not defending it. When have I defended it? I've defended Ryan Shawcross, because I think those who suggest it was intentional are absolutely wrong. I've not looked at the exact spot that Ramsey snapped his leg but I thought it was his shin? If so, that would suggest the tackle was much lower than you're suggesting.
I genuinely don't want a row over this but in reality, the tackle itself was no more dangerous than the tackle Flamini put in a few weeks back. It was no more dangerous than the tackle Wilshere put in on Jermaine Pennant a few seasons back. The difference was the consequences, which in the case of Shawcross-Ramsey were horrific and a very talented young man had his career put on hold. Pennant's leg gave way and possibly saved him from a broken leg and Flamini didn't seem to catch the Southampton man but who knows if he had? Unfortunately, Ramsey's leg was planted and the sheer force of the tackle caused a horrific injury.

Put it like this, I'm pretty sure Ryan Shawcross will put that tackle down as the worst mistake of his professional career, not just because of the terrible injury he caused to Ramsey, but because of the effect it's had on his own footballing career. So like I said, to suggest it was intentional is just wrong I'm afraid.

Mesüt wrote:I hope everyone is wearing RAMSEY 16 t-shirts under their kits so no matter who scores for us (assuming they do) we can rub it in their faces :)

Rub what in our faces? I don't understand... I thought the whole point was to get past this ridiculous situation that keeps rearing its ugly head every time we play each other. It was a long time ago and considering the season Ramsey has had, there is no reason for it to continue. I've condemned my own fans, so I'm not going to say well you go right ahead and act like a dick, so to speak... Wear whatever shirt you like my friend, walk past a few Stoke fans and make sure you show it them, but don't take the moral high ground if you get upset when those fans you mocked sing "there's only one Ryan Shawcross", because that's what I call 'blind hypocrisy'. You support your player because he's your player, and we will support ours. What happened in the past should be completely irrelevant...

Or do you simply want this thing to go on, and on, and on, and on?


:clap: Sign Him up, Sign him up, Sign him up!
Image
User avatar
dammyGunner
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:21 am
Location: Abuja, Nigeria

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby Lucky7 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:47 pm

StokeFan:

1) I agree with regards to the tackle. I'd say just about everything negative you can about the tackle except that it was intentionally meant to injure Ramsey. Poorly timed, unnecessary (field position), stupid, unnecessarily aggressive, etc. I disagree that it's a common tackle mainly because of the combination of speed and height he went in with. it's exceptionally bad. But it wasn't meant to hurt the player.

2) I completely agree with your sentiment that BOTH sets of FANS need to move on. This can be handled on both the fan side and the media side. There is clear booing on the broadcasts every time that Ramsey touches the ball. It's obviously not the whole stadium, but from a viewers perspective it's difficult to tell anything other than the stoke fans are booing him. This causes feedback from the broadcasters, and they don't pull their punches with regards to painting the entire stoke city support with a broad brush. Cut the media aspect out, cut the crowd noise down so that the booing isn't heard (I suspect they might actually increase the crowd noise for the broadcast), don't have the broadcasters comment on it. This alone would reduce the animosity.

3) If Ramsey is still upset about what happened and how he's been treated after the fact...he has all the right in the world to do so. Whether what he's said in the past has been hyperbole (worst thing to ever happen on a football pitch quote) or not. That just shows how devastated he was by the injury. And it was devastating. The fact that he has recovered doesn't mean that it wasn't that bad of an injury. It means that Ramsey was this good. He put in the effort and has the mentality to recover from the injury and return to a high level without flinching a muscle when tackles come in. If him shushing a set of booing fans keeps setting them off, and he wants to keep doing that, I have no problem with it. It's his choice. This happened to him, not us, not shawcross. He gets to choose when he's over the injury (which I think he's well over) and the abuse he's received.

The stoke fans that refer to him as "calcium deficient" etc. They are right, he is calcium deficient. He's pure f***ing steel and he's shown that since he's returned.
User avatar
Lucky7
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:52 am

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:32 pm

Team news: Who's fit to face Stoke?

Arsène Wenger gave the following fitness updates at his pre-match press conference:

on the team news…
We have uncertainties about Monreal who had to come off last week with a foot injury, and about Gibbs. Vermaelen is back in the squad, Ozil is back in the squad. Both are available.

on Vermaelen covering the left back position…
If needed Thomas can play there, it's not his preferred position and he has been out for a long time now but we'll see. I still have 48 hours to make a decision.


Source: http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... ace-stoke-
Leno
(Runarsson/Macey)
Bellerin Saliba Gabriel Tierney
(Cedric/Niles) (Holding/Mustafi) (Mari/Sokratis) (Kolasinac/Bola)
Xhaka
(Elneny/Luiz)
Partey —- Ceballos
(Torreira/Matteo) --- (Ozil/Willock)
Pepe -------------------- Auba(c)
(Willian/ESR) -------------------- (Saka/Nelson)
Lacazette
(Martinelli/Nketiah)


Last Updated: 10/26/20
User avatar
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner
 
Posts: 18511
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:14 pm
Location: The Peach State

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby Dejan » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:38 pm

just play vermaelen left back ffs
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
User avatar
Dejan
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 27058
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:37 pm

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby Massa » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:19 pm

Or Sagna
Massa
Predictions League 2012-13, 2013-14 Winner
Predictions League 2012-13, 2013-14 Winner
 
Posts: 36451
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:28 pm

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby Zedie » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:33 am

I bet he goes Flamini LB. Is Arteta still banned?
Image
User avatar
Zedie
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 33184
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:09 pm
Location: in the man cave

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby UFGN » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:39 am

Play Verm alongside Kos and BFG.

I actually would like to see Arteta play this. Hes a nasty little thug and thats what we need against this lot.

I would also say Jenkinson would be a good shout at rb for the same reason. Hes a massive unit.
Image
User avatar
UFGN
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019
 
Posts: 20377
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby UFGN » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:55 am

If Arteta isn't banned....

Szchezza


L'Sagna BFG Kos Verm


Arteta Flammer


Rozza Chambo Poldi


Giroud



Try bullying that lot
Image
User avatar
UFGN
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019
 
Posts: 20377
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:59 am

UFGN wrote:If Arteta isn't banned....

Szchezza


L'Sagna BFG Kos Verm


Arteta Flammer


Rozza Chambo Poldi


Giroud



Try bullying that lot


:rofll:
User avatar
S&W the no1Fan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5617
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:10 pm

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby Yago » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:13 am

Flamini at LB, Arteta - Wilshere at CM, Ox - Ozil - Cazorla, Giroud up front. That's what I expect anyway (not what I want).
Yago
World Cup Predictions League Winner
World Cup Predictions League Winner
 
Posts: 7367
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:47 pm

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:41 am

StokeFan wrote:I'm not defending it.


StokeFan wrote: he isn't dangerously high and his stoods [sic] aren't showing. It was forceful, but mostly, it was late and it was a terrible accident.
Our specialist in failure can f**k off
If you support this fraud and still think you're an Arsenal fan, you're wrong
User avatar
ThereIsBearCüm
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 15430
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:17 pm
Location: Straya

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby ivän itchybüm » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:50 am

Nervous about playing Ozil against these tbh.. Obviously going to be targeted.
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?


13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
User avatar
ivän itchybüm
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 10444
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:09 am
Location: Koscielny's pocket

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 13/14

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest