Stoke City 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby Santi » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:11 pm

Giroud closing down? work rate? he does it like twice a game then stands around for the rest while Rosicky legs it past him to close down the keeper.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:11 pm

Listen no player was worse than any other (sort of) so no point bickering, they were all pretty wank.

My main issue was with leaving our best attackers on the bench and our tactics playing Giroudball, I don't like it and there is hardly any goals in it.

Wenger needs to start Sanogo, we've not had one bad game whenever he and Ox have started.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:11 pm

Always_a_gooner wrote:Teams like stoke (away) are the ones you should play like we did in the first 30 mins agains bayern but Nooo arsenal only play like that against elite teams kmt

Elite teams? Like we won 2-0 against them... Oh wait!

We've become a good for nothing FOOTBALL club under a loser, defeatist Economist who needs to go away.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Santi » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:11 pm

So 2 games max?
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:12 pm

Angelito wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Angelito wrote:
abc123 wrote: why do commentators (especially the guest commentators) hate Arsenal

Respect is earner. In Football, referring decisions are earned.

Zedie wrote:
Angelito wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:League's over ....... this is just the start, look at our fixtures.

Wenger and pet boy Giroudball fails as I knew it would.

Thanks for wasting our season with this BS.

Felled by the mighty Stoke.

But we beat Bayern?

The Mourinho press conference should be starting soon, you better switch over.

Sorry? I actually support Arsenal FC and not Wenger FC. It's alright dude.

Just noticed you seem to worship Mourinho a lot, its cool bud. You can be like Billie and support both teams if you want.

Yeah? Chelsea are 4 points ahead of us. And we've near about lost the League... Worry about that.

Nobody needs to worship Mou (I hate him but I know how you are, so it's not surprising)... His records speaks for itself. It's too sad that Wenger fanatics like you can't digest it.

Bro, you've practically got a hard on for him every time someone mentions him, its cool, dont need to be shy about it, own it. Im not really a Wenger fanatic, im just not the guy to shit the bed every time we drop points.

Ultimately, your utopia would be for the club to be free spending like the oil clubs, i get that. The only problem is, £125m - £200m whatever it is will never even match the money these teams have. Mourinho's record was purchased. You think he would have the same record if he had stayed at Porto? lol

Coincidentally, Might Mou also lost here.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:14 pm

Zedie wrote: Mourinho's record was purchased. You think he would have the same record if he had stayed at Porto? lol

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Zedie » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:14 pm

Mesüt wrote:His arm should never be up there, if your arm is in an unnatural position and stops the ball then it's a penalty mate.

Who clears the ball in that position with their arms to the side? What human could do this?
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:16 pm

Podolski, Giroud and Sanogo clearly not good enough to be starters for a club like Arsenal. I hope there is unanimity on this topic after watching all three of them in action today. We need much better Strikers if we are to stay in title hunt next year as this year's title is lost already.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:17 pm

Zedie wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Angelito wrote:
abc123 wrote: why do commentators (especially the guest commentators) hate Arsenal

Respect is earner. In Football, referring decisions are earned.

Zedie wrote:
Angelito wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:League's over ....... this is just the start, look at our fixtures.

Wenger and pet boy Giroudball fails as I knew it would.

Thanks for wasting our season with this BS.

Felled by the mighty Stoke.

But we beat Bayern?

The Mourinho press conference should be starting soon, you better switch over.

Sorry? I actually support Arsenal FC and not Wenger FC. It's alright dude.

Just noticed you seem to worship Mourinho a lot, its cool bud. You can be like Billie and support both teams if you want.

Yeah? Chelsea are 4 points ahead of us. And we've near about lost the League... Worry about that.

Nobody needs to worship Mou (I hate him but I know how you are, so it's not surprising)... His records speaks for itself. It's too sad that Wenger fanatics like you can't digest it.

Bro, you've practically got a hard on for him every time someone mentions him, its cool, dont need to be shy about it, own it. Im not really a Wenger fanatic, im just not the guy to shit the bed every time we drop points.

Ultimately, your utopia would be for the club to be free spending like the oil clubs, i get that. The only problem is, £125m - £200m whatever it is will never even match the money these teams have. Mourinho's record was purchased. You think he would have the same record if he had stayed at Porto? lol

Have you lost your mind, or are you practically accepting that we're nothing more than a 4th placed club?

I despise Mou so much that I supported f'kin Barca in their League campaign when he was at Madrid. Shows how delusional and narrow minded you are. Mou has a better track record than Wenger. That cannot be denied. Just because it's your father (an example because you're prone to misunderstanding; that doesn't mean he's the best or even good at everything). What's there to see is what they accomplish.

And you're not going to shit in bed because what have you seen pre-Wenger? You talk like 4th is overachieving at Arsenal. HA! We haven't won SHIT for 8 seasons and you're not going to shit your bed because we drop pints. Oh my, what a gangsta!

And blah blah about the last BS para. Just assuming shit. Like we're some no good Club instead of being the 2nd most successful Club of the PL era. Wow, kudos mate to how you're embraced mediocrity.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Sims » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:18 pm

You didn't actually acknowledge anything Zedie wrote m8
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:18 pm

Sims wrote:
ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
Sims wrote:
Freeloader wrote:
Sims wrote:I've never seen two players as poor and limited as Podolski & Giroud.

Giroud has good hold-up play though.

Podolski was even worse.

really wasn't

At least Giroud actually ran about. All Pod did was be his usual shite self but this time with f**k all effort.

You know Giroud is the one with 12 on his back right? The guy who spent half the game on the ground yelping about phantom injuries?
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zedie » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:18 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Podolski, Giroud and Sanogo clearly not good enough to be starters for a club like Arsenal. I hope there is unanimity on this topic after watching all three of them in action today. We need much better Strikers if we are to stay in title hunt next year as this year's title is lost already.

I think the last 2 have always been unanimous, i think whats always been debated is whether or not they are completely useless. If you base it on todays game yes, if you base it on the season no, but thats just my opinion.

I think Podolski being complete wank as a unified thought might only come up now.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:19 pm

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
Sims wrote:
ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
Sims wrote:
Freeloader wrote:
Sims wrote:I've never seen two players as poor and limited as Podolski & Giroud.

Giroud has good hold-up play though.

Podolski was even worse.

really wasn't

At least Giroud actually ran about. All Pod did was be his usual shite self but this time with f**k all effort.

You know Giroud is the one with 12 on his back right? The guy who spent half the game on the ground yelping about phantom injuries?

Yeah, funnily enough I didn't see the number 9 at all apart from the shot he blasted high and wide.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Callum » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:20 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Podolski, Giroud and Sanogo clearly not good enough to be starters for a club like Arsenal. I hope there is unanimity on this topic after watching all three of them in action today. We need much better Strikers if we are to stay in title hunt next year as this year's title is lost already.

Agreed, unfortunately.

I like all three of them but the first two especially were just awful today. Giroud was really shit but I at least knew he was playing - I have never seen a player as anonymous as Podolski was today. Sanogo is raw and shouldn't really be playing for us at the moment.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:21 pm

Mesüt wrote:Giroud closing down? work rate? he does it like twice a game then stands around for the rest while Rosicky legs it past him to close down the keeper.

Exactly. Getting pretty tired of people lying about Giroud's work rate. He's incredibly lazy.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14