Stoke City 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby Trina » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:37 am

^^ I agree, whats going around online isn't good. The club haven't said a word.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:43 am

They don't have the intelligence to applaud someone they clearly hate so much for no reason.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Git » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:06 am

Working till four, won't be home till 4:45, so going to miss all of this.

Send them back to the f***ing Stone Age lads.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Zedie » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:38 am

Its pretty sad that things have gotten to this stage to be honest. The only response to all of this crap is to be 4-0 up when they want to start the chanting etc.

Hopefully, sacked in the morning and some other relegation related chants could help focus their fans on to their biggest issue.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:56 am

I feel like they will will weasel their way out of relegation - there are at least three sides worse than them at the moment, unfortunately.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Git » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:58 am

Yeah, they won't go down. Cardiff and Fulham are dead certs. Norwich/WBA/Villa probably the other one.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Callum » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:03 pm

Git wrote:Yeah, they won't go down. Cardiff and Fulham are dead certs. Norwich/WBA/Villa probably the other one.

Villa will be fine, but I agree about Cardiff and Fulham. West Brom are on a slipperly slope as well.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:06 pm

Sunderland.

Despite their "improvement" they are still in the relegation zone and have cup distractions
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:24 pm

That's why, on second thoughts, Ozil shouldn't be playing this game. Same team as against Sunderland.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StokeFan » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:25 pm

OK, look, I'm a Stoke fan, I'm here in peace, I don't want to fight or argue I just want to represent the majority of normal Stoke fans.

Oh and before we go any further, I'm not sleeping with my sister, or my mum, or anyone else in my family for that matter :P Figured I'd get that stereotype out the way.

Firstly, I want to assure you that the majority of Stoke fans DO NOT agree with those on the Oatcake who have coined up this genius idea of holding a minutes silence or a minutes applause or whatever the plan is... It's stupid beyond belief but I'd like to point out that the tiny minority who actually do go ahead with this stupid idea will be outweighed by the majority who just sing and chant... and well, boo just because you're the opposition. I personally have nothing against Ramsey... other than he plays for Arsenal, and as far as I'm concerned anyone who doesn't play for Stoke is fair game for a bit of stick, whoever they are. That's just football and you wouldn't be bothered if we booed any of your other players. I've said all along the only thing that bothers me about Aaron Ramsey was the comment he made about it being the "worst thing to happen to anyone on a football pitch". I don't think it was intended to come across as insensitive, but considering just months before Fabrice Muamba had a heart attack, it was perhaps a little naive.

Secondly, while I think their idea is stupid beyond belief, are you really in a position to take the high ground? It's not the worst thing that will be said, or done, on Saturday. It's also no worse than some of the things you've chanted in the past. Tell me honestly you haven't chanted the odd "she said no" to Van Persie? The Adebayor chant? The gas chamber to Spurs fans? Hillsborough chant to Liverpool fans? I know how much the Arsene Wenger chant disgusts you, but didn't you sing a similar one to David Moyes earlier this season? There's currently a media witchhunt against all Stoke City supporters because of a minority of idiots, but can you honestly say that this is deserved? I'm not going to be singing abuse at Aaron Ramsey. I'm also not going to be calling your manager a pedophile. Does that mean I'm classless scum?

Thirdly, the majority of Stoke fans just want a good match on Saturday. There's been talk of trouble and what not. I hope that's not the case. Stuff like this should be sorted on the football pitch.
StokeFan
Banned

Postby Callum » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:16 pm

StokeFan wrote:Oh and before we go any further, I'm not sleeping with my sister, or my mum, or anyone else in my family for that matter :P Figured I'd get that stereotype out the way.

Aye but fingering them still counts
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:18 pm

I feel sorry for Ryan Shawcross.

He is the real victim in all of this.

Poor chap had to get mummy dearest to come pick him up after that nasty Aaron Ramsey had the nerve to break his own leg across Shawcross' leg.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:28 pm

StokeFan wrote:OK, look, I'm a Stoke fan, I'm here in peace, I don't want to fight or argue I just want to represent the majority of normal Stoke fans.

Oh and before we go any further, I'm not sleeping with my sister, or my mum, or anyone else in my family for that matter :P Figured I'd get that stereotype out the way.

Firstly, I want to assure you that the majority of Stoke fans DO NOT agree with those on the Oatcake who have coined up this genius idea of holding a minutes silence or a minutes applause or whatever the plan is... It's stupid beyond belief but I'd like to point out that the tiny minority who actually do go ahead with this stupid idea will be outweighed by the majority who just sing and chant... and well, boo just because you're the opposition. I personally have nothing against Ramsey... other than he plays for Arsenal, and as far as I'm concerned anyone who doesn't play for Stoke is fair game for a bit of stick, whoever they are. That's just football and you wouldn't be bothered if we booed any of your other players. I've said all along the only thing that bothers me about Aaron Ramsey was the comment he made about it being the "worst thing to happen to anyone on a football pitch". I don't think it was intended to come across as insensitive, but considering just months before Fabrice Muamba had a heart attack, it was perhaps a little naive.

Secondly, while I think their idea is stupid beyond belief, are you really in a position to take the high ground? It's not the worst thing that will be said, or done, on Saturday. It's also no worse than some of the things you've chanted in the past. Tell me honestly you haven't chanted the odd "she said no" to Van Persie? The Adebayor chant? The gas chamber to Spurs fans? Hillsborough chant to Liverpool fans? I know how much the Arsene Wenger chant disgusts you, but didn't you sing a similar one to David Moyes earlier this season? There's currently a media witchhunt against all Stoke City supporters because of a minority of idiots, but can you honestly say that this is deserved? I'm not going to be singing abuse at Aaron Ramsey. I'm also not going to be calling your manager a pedophile. Does that mean I'm classless scum?

Thirdly, the majority of Stoke fans just want a good match on Saturday. There's been talk of trouble and what not. I hope that's not the case. Stuff like this should be sorted on the football pitch.

You can't tell me that the majority doesn't boo Rambo. And don't try and hide behind the "they're the opposition, they're fair game" argument. If that was the case, why don't you boo all of our players?
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Callum » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:47 pm

All of the examples he gave about our fans are extreme minorities - they certainly don't hand around pathetic flyers saying we're going to sing this or that at this time about van Persie/ Adebayor/ Nasri or whoever.

The obsession with Ramsey is absolutely pathetic. Ramsey telling them to shut up at the Emirates doesn't cover the years of abuse handed to him which was and still is completely unwarranted.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:06 pm

The comment about it being one of the worst things to happen on a football field is a fair one.

Having a fellow professional go out and intentionally break your leg is a disgusting act and should not happen
Cripps
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14