Stoke City 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby StokeFan » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:11 pm

OK, replying in order:

Callum wrote:
StokeFan wrote:Oh and before we go any further, I'm not sleeping with my sister, or my mum, or anyone else in my family for that matter :P Figured I'd get that stereotype out the way.

Aye but fingering them still counts

Lol, you got me :frogwink:

Cripps wrote:I feel sorry for Ryan Shawcross.

He is the real victim in all of this.

Poor chap had to get mummy dearest to come pick him up after that nasty Aaron Ramsey had the nerve to break his own leg across Shawcross' leg.
I've not actually mentioned Ryan Shawcross once and I've never said that he was a victim. You make out like what he did was an intentional act of violence, but the tackle was a genuine accident, nothing more, nothing less. Something which happens every so often on a football pitch. It was an accident caused by a clumsy mistimed challenge with horrific consequences. I had a read of Arseblog the other day, and the day after the tackle the mood was sadness but acceptance of what was an accident. Now, it seems that many of you have convinced yourself it was somehow an intentional act of malice. You couldn't be further from the truth.

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:You can't tell me that the majority doesn't boo Rambo. And don't try and hide behind the "they're the opposition, they're fair game" argument. If that was the case, why don't you boo all of our players?

To be honest, I boo most of your players. I reserve special extended booing for Wilshere, Cazorla and Walcott. I would disagree that the majority boo. I'm a season ticket holder in the Boothen End (which was the loudest stand in the Premiership back in 2010, not now mind) and it is certainly a minority.

Callum wrote:All of the examples he gave about our fans are extreme minorities - they certainly don't hand around pathetic flyers saying we're going to sing this or that at this time about van Persie/ Adebayor/ Nasri or whoever.

The obsession with Ramsey is absolutely pathetic. Ramsey telling them to shut up at the Emirates doesn't cover the years of abuse handed to him which was and still is completely unwarranted.

Callum - you say the examples I gave are of the extreme minority; the Oatcake is an extreme minority. It has a few hundred regular posters (some of which don't even attend the games) out of thousands who turn up on matchday. The fanzine you speak of was handed out months ago, it's not a recent thing. It's also an extreme minority as most people in the ground don't even buy it. I'm not sure why it's resurfaced but when papers like Daily Mail and the Evening Standard put images up like that, it's no wonder you guys think the way you do about us.
StokeFan
Banned

Postby StokeFan » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:12 pm

Cripps wrote:The comment about it being one of the worst things to happen on a football field is a fair one.

Having a fellow professional go out and intentionally break your leg is a disgusting act and should not happen

Cripps, I'm sorry but I don't believe that Ryan Shawcross intentionally went out to hurt Aaron Ramsey. What happened was a terrible accident ultimately caused by a clumsy mistimed tackle.
StokeFan
Banned

Postby Cripps » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:17 pm

You're saying that disgusting horrible excuse of a man Tony Pulis didn't tell his players before the game to go in hard, let the Arsenal players know that they are there etc etc?

No problem with players going in hard within the rules. Shawcross had no reason to go in with that much force other than to hurt the opposition and he has previous.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:27 pm

StokeFan wrote:
Cripps wrote:The comment about it being one of the worst things to happen on a football field is a fair one.

Having a fellow professional go out and intentionally break your leg is a disgusting act and should not happen

Cripps, I'm sorry but I don't believe that Ryan Shawcross intentionally went out to hurt Aaron Ramsey. What happened was a terrible accident ultimately caused by a clumsy mistimed tackle.

Agreed.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby StokeFan » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:28 pm

Cripps wrote:You're saying that disgusting horrible excuse of a man Tony Pulis didn't tell his players before the game to go in hard, let the Arsenal players know that they are there etc etc?

No problem with players going in hard within the rules. Shawcross had no reason to go in with that much force other than to hurt the opposition and he has previous.

Yes Cripps, I'm saying that disgusting horrible excuse of a man Tony Pulis didn't tell his players before the game to go in and break someones leg. Are you telling me Flamini didn't go in hard just weeks ago on a Southampton player? The tackle he saw red?

Tony Pulis may be a lot of things but I don't think he's someone who would instruct his players to deliberately injure a fellow professional.

I'm sure you've seen the tackle a thousand times, but if you watch it, he isn't dangerously high and his stoods aren't showing. It was forceful, but mostly, it was late and it was a terrible accident.
StokeFan
Banned

Postby Callum » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:36 pm

It was a reckless tackle with excessive force and even if he didn't mean it, his lack of control in the tackle nearly ended Ramsey's career.

I agree with most of this (bar the supposed length of the ban).
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby StokeFan » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:48 pm

I thought most of you guys held Alan Davies in the same hand as Piers Morgan ? :D

With all due respect, I don't think Ryan Shawcross crying was an 'act' like Alan Davies almost suggests. It would be natural to be upset when something you've done, a terrible mistake you've made has resulted in that.
It's also worth pointing out that while Sol Campbell danced around like a man desperate to take a shit, only one man lay with Ramsey, and that was Glenn Whelan. It's a shame Alan didn't spot that.
StokeFan
Banned

Postby Callum » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:51 pm

StokeFan wrote:I thought most of you guys held Alan Davies in the same hand as Piers Morgan ? :D

I love Alan Davies and completely despise Piers Morgan. Not comparable.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:54 pm

Sol Campbell making Shawcross cry was funny though
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:54 pm

Oh and I completely agree with Davies there.

Him and Morgan are legends
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby StokeFan » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:00 pm

Cripps wrote:Sol Campbell making Shawcross cry was funny though

Do you really think it was Sol Campbell who made him cry? Or do you think it was seeing someone you've just tackled on the floor with a broken leg...? I'd say it was probably the second. I know how I'd feel if it was me.
StokeFan
Banned

Postby Yago » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:02 pm

I don't think Shawcross intentionally broke his leg. But I do think going in a tackle like that is just very stupid, and risks hurting your opponent very badly, as was demonstrated. It's stupid, it's horrible, and it shouldn't happen. There was absolutely no need for that tackle, and there was no way he could've had the ball.

About the chants, I don't think you can compare singing "she said no" to the c*** to the abuse Ramsey's getting. RvP "betrayed" the club who kept believing in him and paying his wages while he was out injured, and he was actually arrested for rape. All Ramsey did is getting his leg broken by another player.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby StokeFan » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:37 pm

Yago wrote:I don't think Shawcross intentionally broke his leg. But I do think going in a tackle like that is just very stupid, and risks hurting your opponent very badly, as was demonstrated. It's stupid, it's horrible, and it shouldn't happen. There was absolutely no need for that tackle, and there was no way he could've had the ball.

About the chants, I don't think you can compare singing "she said no" to the **** to the abuse Ramsey's getting. RvP "betrayed" the club who kept believing in him and paying his wages while he was out injured, and he was actually arrested for rape. All Ramsey did is getting his leg broken by another player.

Really? Surely then you think Arsene Wenger is fair game for those moronic pedo chants then? Weren't their stories in the shite papers when he first arrived in England? Most personal chants are pretty stupid which is why I compare the two.

At the end of the day, all that most Stoke fans want on Saturday is a good game. Forget the Ramsey nonsense, I don't think it'll happen for a second, but people like to talk big on forums. Keyboard warriors I think they're called.
StokeFan
Banned

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:17 pm

StokeFan wrote:
ThereIsBearCüm wrote:You can't tell me that the majority doesn't boo Rambo. And don't try and hide behind the "they're the opposition, they're fair game" argument. If that was the case, why don't you boo all of our players?

To be honest, I boo most of your players. I reserve special extended booing for Wilshere, Cazorla an

So you're saying the broadcasters add the boos themselves every time Ramsey gets on the ball?
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:19 pm

StokeFan wrote:
Cripps wrote:You're saying that disgusting horrible excuse of a man Tony Pulis didn't tell his players before the game to go in hard, let the Arsenal players know that they are there etc etc?

Yes Cripps, I'm saying that disgusting horrible excuse of a man Tony Pulis didn't tell his players before the game to go in and break someones leg. Are you telling me Flamini didn't go in hard just weeks ago on a Southampton player? The tackle he saw red?

Tony Pulis may be a lot of things but I don't think he's someone who would instruct his players to deliberately injure a fellow professional.

I'm sure you've seen the tackle a thousand times, but if you watch it, he isn't dangerously high and his stoods aren't showing. It was forceful, but mostly, it was late and it was a terrible accident.

If it wasn't dangerously high, how did Rambo's leg get snapped halfway between the knee and the ankle? You can't seriously be defending that tackle, it was f***ing atrocious.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14