Stoke City 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Re: Stoke City 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby Tony_Adams » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:19 am

SAINTNICKLE wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
Callum wrote:All about the FA Cup now. I'd prefer to win that and finish outside of the top four than finish 3rd/ 4th and not win it.

I wouldn't. We'd lose Özil in the summer and good luck getting a top striker without CL football.


Where have you been for the last 8 months .We cant get a top striker when we are in the champions league.


:grin:
Image
User avatar
Tony_Adams
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 35095
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Stoke City 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby GoonerBeatYa » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:25 am

I want to know how it feels like to win a trophy again. 8 years and counting is way too long. Europa league and Fa cup I will take. We are a prime example finishing in the top 4 does not bring you top top strikers if you don't even go in for them or when you do, penny pinch on a fee to make it look like your trying just don't cut it with me. If players like Ozil want to jump the ship when times get hard then good riddance to him, no player is bigger then the club. Like I said a couple of weeks back sometimes 1 step back can bring you 2 steps forward.
Image

" I eat football. Sleep football. I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate."
- Thierry Henry
User avatar
GoonerBeatYa
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:02 pm
Location: Somewhere abouts

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby GSK_AFC » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:11 pm

SAINTNICKLE wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
Callum wrote:All about the FA Cup now. I'd prefer to win that and finish outside of the top four than finish 3rd/ 4th and not win it.

I wouldn't. We'd lose Özil in the summer and good luck getting a top striker without CL football.


Where have you been for the last 8 months .We cant get a top striker when we are in the champions league.

We may not have got a striker but we sure as hell wouldn't have got Özil without CL football.
Image
User avatar
GSK_AFC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 12759
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:03 pm

Re: Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby Angelito » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:43 pm

Zedie wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Angelito wrote:
abc123 wrote: why do commentators (especially the guest commentators) hate Arsenal


Respect is earner. In Football, referring decisions are earned.


Zedie wrote:
Angelito wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:League's over ....... this is just the start, look at our fixtures.

Wenger and pet boy Giroudball fails as I knew it would.

Thanks for wasting our season with this BS.

Felled by the mighty Stoke.


But we beat Bayern?



The Mourinho press conference should be starting soon, you better switch over.


Sorry? I actually support Arsenal FC and not Wenger FC. It's alright dude.



Just noticed you seem to worship Mourinho a lot, its cool bud. You can be like Billie and support both teams if you want.


Yeah? Chelsea are 4 points ahead of us. And we've near about lost the League... Worry about that.

Nobody needs to worship Mou (I hate him but I know how you are, so it's not surprising)... His records speaks for itself. It's too sad that Wenger fanatics like you can't digest it.


Bro, you've practically got a hard on for him every time someone mentions him, its cool, dont need to be shy about it, own it. Im not really a Wenger fanatic, im just not the guy to shit the bed every time we drop points.

Ultimately, your utopia would be for the club to be free spending like the oil clubs, i get that. The only problem is, £125m - £200m whatever it is will never even match the money these teams have. Mourinho's record was purchased. You think he would have the same record if he had stayed at Porto? lol

Coincidentally, Might Mou also lost here.


Have you lost your mind, or are you practically accepting that we're nothing more than a 4th placed club?

I despise Mou so much that I supported f'kin Barca in their League campaign when he was at Madrid. Shows how delusional and narrow minded you are. Mou has a better track record than Wenger. That cannot be denied. Just because it's your father (an example because you're prone to misunderstanding; that doesn't mean he's the best or even good at everything). What's there to see is what they accomplish.

And you're not going to shit in bed because what have you seen pre-Wenger? You talk like 4th is overachieving at Arsenal. HA! We haven't won SHIT for 8 seasons and you're not going to shit your bed because we drop pints. Oh my, what a gangsta!

And blah blah about the last BS para. Just assuming shit. Like we're some no good Club instead of being the 2nd most successful Club of the PL era. Wow, kudos mate to how you're embraced mediocrity.



I can see you've gone full r***rd now, so ill leave it at this:

You think he would have the same record if he had stayed at Porto? lol - Answer the question lol
I've seen a lot pre-Wenger and i remember a lot. I'm definitely older than 14, so there must be a big age gap between us.
Clearly, im pissed about the result, but i also appreciate that we still have 10 games to go. On the other hand, all i see from you is mystic meg statements. Do you make these predictions on a magic carpet, while rubbing a crystal ball? Im honestly interested.


Oh, wow. How did I miss this!

First of all, why is it that you always bring somebody else in your debate? In the other thread, Giroud popped out of nowhere and in this thread, when nothing about Mou was being spoken, you brought him up. You have a strange way of arguing.

On Mou, he won the Treble with Porto. He won the UEFA Cup with Porto. Both trophies Wenger has never won. What does that suggest? You go on parading about money and all, but no other manager has a better head to head record with Mou apart from Pep, and Mou has won so many trophies that it would be delusional to say that it's all down to money. Madrid haven't won the CL since 2002 and nobody spends that sort of a money (as Madrid). Point is, you're asking a hypothetical question that is based on hypothesis than facts. How could we argue based on imagination because if I say, yes, it would be my imagination and if you say no, it would your imagination. We can't prove any of that.

Look at facts. I know you have a hard time accepting any criticism on Arsenal, which is strange, but being critical is necessary. If one cannot be self-critical and critical of the situation around, progress is never possible. The core of this argument has nothing to do with Mou. It has everything to do with us and don't be mistaken that we're some poverty club. We are Arsenal FC and not having won a single trophy for nearly 9 seasons doesn't justify anything. We didn't need money to beat Birmingham City in the League Cup Final. Wigan won the FA Cup last season. Since we won it in 2005, Portmouth have won it and Wigan last season. We haven't even reached the semi finals of the FA Cup since the last time we won it. Spurs, Birmingham, and Swansea have all won the League Cup. Sometimes you just have to accept that you're underachieving instead of drawing numerous excuses. If people started drawing up excuses, they'd find an excuse for everything.

Take this match. Did we need money to beat Stoke? In life, nobody hands you anything. You just have snatch it. It's the same here. If you want Arsene Wenger to get his due, he will have to win again and take us back to where we were. There's a reason why, despite being top of the League for 19 weeks, nobody gave us a chance in hell. 10 games are left, but what does history show you? Everybody here would be elated if we won the League, but our form this season and recent history doesn't bode well with what we want to accomplish. The pattern is set and if we are to win the League from here on, we will have to break that pattern that has been a trademark of Arsenal since 2006.
Image
User avatar
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 26095
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: The Overlook Hotel

Re: Stoke City 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby StokeFan » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:10 am

Not going to come here and gloat, I'm merely popping in to say that I hope you observed the non-issue that was the applause or minutes silence or whatever was being planned over at the Oatcake. Like I said, a very tiny minority of idiots who just want to ruin it for others, nothing happened, as expected. There's a significant majority of normal Stoke fans who just wanted to enjoy the game.

Till next season (hopefully)
User avatar
StokeFan
Banned
 
Posts: 703
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:06 pm

Re: Stoke City 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby Angelito » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:23 am

StokeFan wrote:Not going to come here and gloat, I'm merely popping in to say that I hope you observed the non-issue that was the applause or minutes silence or whatever was being planned over at the Oatcake. Like I said, a very tiny minority of idiots who just want to ruin it for others, nothing happened, as expected. There's a significant majority of normal Stoke fans who just wanted to enjoy the game.

Till next season (hopefully)


Congrats on the win.

Although, we did help but a win's a win.
Image
User avatar
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 26095
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: The Overlook Hotel

Re: Stoke City 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby Santi » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:36 pm

Weyyyyyyyy Adam charged ya dirty c*** FC.
#YoPierre
User avatar
Santi
Member of the Year 2017
Member of the Year 2017
 
Posts: 33454
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: Stoke City 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby AFC10 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:11 pm

Glad Adams been charged. Now charge the ref for making such a stupid decision to change the game.
User avatar
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6558
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:47 am
Location: The cobbles!

Re: Stoke City 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby Zenith » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:37 pm

StokeFan wrote:Not going to come here and gloat, I'm merely popping in to say that I hope you observed the non-issue that was the applause or minutes silence or whatever was being planned over at the Oatcake. Like I said, a very tiny minority of idiots who just want to ruin it for others, nothing happened, as expected. There's a significant majority of normal Stoke fans who just wanted to enjoy the game.

Till next season (hopefully)


Even though the referee had a mare, we didn't do anything to deserve the three points, absolutely shambolic performance from our team. You deserved the win, congrats.
Image
User avatar
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 31104
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:48 pm
Location: Gallia Belgica, 5 hours away from The Grove

Re: Stoke City 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby Callum » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:43 pm

Good to see Adam charged, the dirty prick.
User avatar
Callum
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 34530
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 6:58 pm
Location: Kieran Tierney's back pocket

Re: Stoke City 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby StokeFan » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:54 am

Thanks for the congratz. I'm surprised we've appealed the Adam incident. From where we sat we knew something had happened but we didn't know what. I can only assume that his sole defence is that he wasn't looking at Giroud therefore didn't know where he was. Not much of a defence though and the little skip he seems to do before the incident concerns me. Only Charlie Adam knows whether it was intentional, but it looks worse everytime I see it.

Adam's had a great season and has scored some awesome goals. It's a shame he might have ruined it by doing something as stupid as stamping on a player flat out on the floor. Three game ban just when we don't need it.
User avatar
StokeFan
Banned
 
Posts: 703
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:06 pm

Re: Stoke City 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League 01/03/14

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:13 am

Zenith wrote:
StokeFan wrote:Not going to come here and gloat, I'm merely popping in to say that I hope you observed the non-issue that was the applause or minutes silence or whatever was being planned over at the Oatcake. Like I said, a very tiny minority of idiots who just want to ruin it for others, nothing happened, as expected. There's a significant majority of normal Stoke fans who just wanted to enjoy the game.

Till next season (hopefully)


Even though the referee had a mare, we didn't do anything to deserve the three points, absolutely shambolic performance from our team. You deserved the win, congrats.


Yep, not gonna be a sore loser, you guy's scored we didn't, you deserved the win.

Most people don't like Stoke but I had a great night out down there few years back.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 19788
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 13/14

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest