Arsenal 0-2 FC Bayern | Champions League 19/02/14

Re: Arsenal 0-2 FC Bayern | Champions League 19/02/14

Postby gooney » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:14 pm

greengoonerie wrote:Ref was spot on last night. He booke Mandzukic for moaning just before half time, whcih was nice.
Both were penalties, Szec was a red.

As for excuses by Arsene - well they're just embarrassing at this point. Sadly, Arsene doesn't do admissions, just excuses.

1. There are different rules in the CL (dear oh dear...we gave as good as we got for much of the game)
2. Per AW, Santi was ill last week so was taken off (did he get well before the match, then ill during the match? I can't make this out..)
3. did any Journo ask him why Sanogo got the nod ahead of Away day Giroud?

I really dont understand that and it says alot about him as a man. Sometimes you just have to hold up your hand and praise the opposition and give them praise. I never seen Wenger give opposition full praise without making some sort of excuse. even Mourinho who usually lacks class can sometimes like he did against City say we lost to a better team in every aspect . he even said when the better team wins football wins
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zedie » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:26 pm

greengoonerie wrote:Ref was spot on last night. He booke Mandzukic for moaning just before half time, whcih was nice.
Both were penalties, Szec was a red.

As for excuses by Arsene - well they're just embarrassing at this point. Sadly, Arsene doesn't do admissions, just excuses.

1. There are different rules in the CL (dear oh dear...we gave as good as we got for much of the game)
2. Per AW, Santi was ill last week so was taken off (did he get well before the match, then ill during the match? I can't make this out..)

Everyone knows that if you go to ground in the CL, you get the fk. Its not rocket science. If you cant beat them, f***ing join them. Its no secret Arsene ffs.

He may have been ill and identified as one to get taken off early (ie 60-70mins) but then the red happened and AW knew he would struggle :dontknow:

Yeah. He ducked the question, basically saying it was a selection choice. Reading between the lines, he didnt want to give the journos a Giroud benched headline... it was short, sweet and the best he could do in that situation imo.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:33 pm

Why did Podolski play no part last night? Bundesliga opposition, change of forward needed, experienced German international in the squad...... pick a French kid instead.

Bloody hell.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Schlandi » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:38 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
Plymöuth Gööner wrote:They couldn’t handle the pace of ox last night. Theo would have had a field day. Ox and Gnabry on the wings in away leg please!

They didn't play their standard formation in the first half that was the biggest problem they had imo.

They also handle guys like f.e. Aubameyang or André Hahn which are both measured faster than Walcott.
I know you guys love Walcott but he and his speed is no universal weapon against all teams and you should stop arguing everytime when he is injured that a game would have been completely different with him on the pitch (imo !) cause we also lost a lot of matches with him like the 1:3 against Bayern last season.

Walcott is more intelligent in his runs than those guys you mentioned. He would've had a lot of success yesterday and we probably would've won the league if he remained fit IMO

I hardly believe you have ever watched André Hahn or much matches with Aubameyang but it's normal Arsenal fan behaviour to raise Walcott abilities into the sky :rolleyes:

I've seen Aubameyang play plenty at Saint Etienne and I would've heard of Hahn if he was any good. Walcott is a top 5 player in his position, not many players have his end product.

There are plently of great players at little teams who aren't in the focus so it's hard to say I never heard about a player from another country so he can't be that good (just my 2 cents of course) and according to media rumours Dortmund is highly interested in Hahn.
Here is one of his goals (sadly there is nearly no footage available) looks like a decent run behind enemy lines to me ;)

If he would be Top5 why no billionare club or another top club did make a bid for him so far ?
Like they did for Nasri, Fab, RvP aso.

Apart from last season Walcotts end product was quiet average for his position, imo.
2013/2014 1202min (or 18 app.) 6 goals / 7 assists (all comp.)
2012/2013 2990min (or 43 app.) 21 goals / 16 assists (all comp.)
2011/2012 3498min (or 46 app.) 11 goals / 12assists (all comp.)
2010/2011 2273min (or 38 app.) 13 goals / 9 assists (all comp.)
2009/2010 1439min (or 30app.) 4 goals / 3 assists (all comp.)

I must admit I didn't hear about Aubameyang before he joins Dortmund but so far
1852min (or 30 app.) 16 goals / 3assist
doesn't look that bad to me for a first season in a new league.

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Callum » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:39 pm

UFGN wrote:Why did Podolski play no part last night? Bundesliga opposition, change of forward needed, experienced German international in the squad...... pick a French kid instead.

Bloody hell.

Wenger doesn't fancy Podolski as a striker and for good reason, and I think Sanogo jusiified his selection. We we also only able to make one substitution that wasn't forced upon us and it made sense to bring Rosicky on when our backs were against the wall.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby GSK_AFC » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:43 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
Plymöuth Gööner wrote:They couldn’t handle the pace of ox last night. Theo would have had a field day. Ox and Gnabry on the wings in away leg please!

They didn't play their standard formation in the first half that was the biggest problem they had imo.

They also handle guys like f.e. Aubameyang or André Hahn which are both measured faster than Walcott.
I know you guys love Walcott but he and his speed is no universal weapon against all teams and you should stop arguing everytime when he is injured that a game would have been completely different with him on the pitch (imo !) cause we also lost a lot of matches with him like the 1:3 against Bayern last season.

Walcott is more intelligent in his runs than those guys you mentioned. He would've had a lot of success yesterday and we probably would've won the league if he remained fit IMO

I hardly believe you have ever watched André Hahn or much matches with Aubameyang but it's normal Arsenal fan behaviour to raise Walcott abilities into the sky :rolleyes:

I've seen Aubameyang play plenty at Saint Etienne and I would've heard of Hahn if he was any good. Walcott is a top 5 player in his position, not many players have his end product.

There are plently of great players at little teams who aren't in the focus so it's hard to say I never heard about a player from another country so he can't be that good (just my 2 cents of course) and according to media rumours Dortmund is highly interested in Hahn.
Here is one of his goals (sadly there is nearly no footage available) looks like a decent run behind enemy lines to me ;)

If he would be Top5 why no billionare club or another top club did make a bid for him so far ?
Like they did for Nasri, Fab, RvP aso.

Apart from last season Walcotts end product was quiet average for his position, imo.
2013/2014 1202min (or 18 app.) 6 goals / 7 assists (all comp.)
2012/2013 2990min (or 43 app.) 21 goals / 16 assists (all comp.)
2011/2012 3498min (or 46 app.) 11 goals / 12assists (all comp.)
2010/2011 2273min (or 38 app.) 13 goals / 9 assists (all comp.)
2009/2010 1439min (or 30app.) 4 goals / 3 assists (all comp.)

I must admit I didn't hear about Aubameyang before he joins Dortmund but so far
1852min (or 30 app.) 16 goals / 3assist
doesn't look that bad to me for a first season in a new league.

I didn't mean Hahn is rubbish, I can't say that because I haven't seen him but I doubt he's as good as Walcott if I haven't heard of him.
I rate Aubameyang but he's not as good as Theo either.
Walcott was realising his potential last season and looked to improve this season with Özil in the side but it's such a shame he got injured.Other players might have good pace too but his movement and finishing make him unique. I wouldn't take anybody over Theo on that right hand side tbh.
Last edited by GSK_AFC on Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby UFGN » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:46 pm

Callum wrote:
UFGN wrote:Why did Podolski play no part last night? Bundesliga opposition, change of forward needed, experienced German international in the squad...... pick a French kid instead.

Bloody hell.

Wenger doesn't fancy Podolski as a striker and for good reason, and I think Sanogo jusiified his selection. We we also only able to make one substitution that wasn't forced upon us and it made sense to bring Rosicky on when our backs were against the wall.

Well quite clearly Wenger doesn't want to pick him, which begs the question why he bought him.

He should have started the match. No brainer.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby GSK_AFC » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:51 pm

UFGN wrote:
Callum wrote:

Bloody hell.

Well quite clearly Wenger doesn't want to pick him, which begs the question why he bought him.

He should have started the match. No brainer.

He bought him to be a LWF not a lone forward.Wenger made the right choice in starting Sanogo over him upfront. Poldi should have started on the left though.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby UFGN » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:59 pm

Well yes, what im saying is why wasn't he involved at all?

Thats him finished at Arsenal. He will leave, and I dont blame him. Wenger has shown him no respect. The same clown that picked Denilson all those times, when he was clearly shit thinks Podolski, with over 100 Germany caps, isn't worthy of the shirt.

He treated Gilberto with the same lack of respect.

UFGN

Postby Massa » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:00 pm

Gilberto was displaced by a better player
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby GSK_AFC » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:01 pm

I agree that Poldi should've started on the left but it wouldn't have made sense to sub him on once we went down to 10 men.
I wouldn't be bothered if we sold him as long as we replace him with a runner either.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby UFGN » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:06 pm

Massa wrote:Gilberto was displaced by a better player

Gilberto had half a bad season. Wenger put all his chips on Flamini versus Gilberto, a world cup winning, loyal, respected club vice captain.

Flamini f***ked off when he wasn't offered enough money the next season.

Gilberto was the better player anyway imho

UFGN

Postby Callum » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:09 pm

I didn't realise that amassing 100 caps for Germany means you're guaranteed a starting spot in big games.

You look at the squads of all of the big clubs and their benches are full of seasoned internationals. When you get to a certain level you amass a roster of talented players and unfortunately for Podolski, having over 100 caps for Germany doesn't make you a guaranteed starter for Arsenal. He's a good player but our midfield is one of the best in world football and when you have a tendency to drift through games you're not going to be a regular starter.

I love the guy and agree to a degree that he has been underused, but the way people keep talking about a supposed lack of respect is way over the top. If he wants to leave in the summer to get more game time then fine, but there won't be a bigger club than us willing to take him and play him every week.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:12 pm

Having 100 caps for GERMANY does make you a guaranteed starter against BAYERN MUNICH!

its not even as if the alternatives were obviously better. Its so f***ing clear cut its laughable

UFGN

Postby gooney » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:13 pm

Gilbertos legs were gone. At his prime he was twice the player Mr headless chicken is
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14