Arsenal 0-0 Man Utd | Premier League 12/02/14

Re: Arsenal vs Man Utd | Premier League 12/02/14

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:33 pm

After todays horror show, Thank God this match is so soon after it. We can get back on track against a very average United team. I expect a few team changes. Where you start is anyones guess. Not as though many (if any) deserve to keep their place. Even i am feeling negative today but by Wednesday when i go to the Rugby clubhouse to watch it (bloody BT. Thats why). i will be excited and feeling confident we will beat United. Nothing was decided today.
I want Carl Jenkinson back in a Arsenal shirt next season.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby TheRainKing » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:40 pm

EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC wrote:After todays horror show, Thank God this match is so soon after it. We can get back on track against a very average United team. I expect a few team changes. Where you start is anyones guess. Not as though many (if any) deserve to keep their place. Even i am feeling negative today but by Wednesday when i go to the Rugby clubhouse to watch it (bloody BT. Thats why). i will be excited and feeling confident we will beat United. Nothing was decided today.

Dunno how you can be so optimistic.

Our record against United is a atrocious. We have won just 2 of our last 14 matches against them. Not to mention our team being demoralized after today's defeat. Then we have RVC to deal with, who has scored against us every time he has played since joining United. Mata also scored the last 2 times he played against us. Then we have our own personal problem where we seem to play like shit in the 1st half of every match. I see no reason to be confident!
TheRainKing
Liam Brady

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:47 pm

Plymöuth Gööner wrote:I'm tempted to suggest Jack and Ox in CM :hiding:

It wouldn't be the worst combo. Both of them can do the job provided they are disciplined.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:47 pm

It worked in the fa cup
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby ivan itchybum » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:54 pm

You just know Van Persie will go absolutely all out for this..
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby redordead » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:40 pm

TheRainKing wrote:
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC wrote:After todays horror show, Thank God this match is so soon after it. We can get back on track against a very average United team. I expect a few team changes. Where you start is anyones guess. Not as though many (if any) deserve to keep their place. Even i am feeling negative today but by Wednesday when i go to the Rugby clubhouse to watch it (bloody BT. Thats why). i will be excited and feeling confident we will beat United. Nothing was decided today.

Dunno how you can be so optimistic.

Our record against United is a atrocious. We have won just 2 of our last 14 matches against them. Not to mention our team being demoralized after today's defeat. Then we have RVC to deal with, who has scored against us every time he has played since joining United. Mata also scored the last 2 times he played against us. Then we have our own personal problem where we seem to play like shit in the 1st half of every match. I see no reason to be confident!

bang on mate even as bad as utd have been i have zero confidence in this team to get a result
I set myself some very low standards in which i fail to achieve
redordead
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby GSK_AFC » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:52 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:

It wouldn't be the worst combo. Both of them can do the job provided they are disciplined.

We'll get annihilated, Wilshere left Arteta to defend by himself, Ox won't do any better than Arteta at playing lone DM.

Plymöuth Gööner wrote:It worked in the fa cup

On another day we would have lost that game, we gave them a ridiculous amount of chances mostly due to how porous we were through the midfield.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:02 am

My line up would be:

-------------------- Szczesny
Sagna - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Gibbs
--------------- Rosicky - Arteta
---------- Ozil - Wilshere - Podolski
-------------------- Giroud

Callum wrote:I would take a 5-1 defeat to Liverpool if it meant beating Manchester United. This is the biggest game of the season by far. I want a win over these sacks of shit more than any other team.

I agree. It's kinda nonsensical if you think about it, but I'd take this loss to Liverpool if it meant we're beating United. Also, the loss to Liverpool could be a blessing in disguise--depending on how Wenger and the boys take it. If we won here and lost to ManU, it would have been worse. Losing here and beating ManU will send a statement again. We need to have the mental strength that Wenger so speaks of. We need that bouncebackability.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:34 am

GSK_AFC wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:

We'll get annihilated, Wilshere left Arteta to defend by himself, Ox won't do any better than Arteta at playing lone DM.

Annihilated is right, makes you wonder sometimes if people actually know what happens in a team sport when people have roles to fulfill?

Lets stick two offensive minded players in positions which hold the key to the entire teams defensive stability........... hmmmm.

How about no!

One was bad enough to today, two and were just asking for a battering.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:30 am

ivän itchybüm wrote:You just know Van Persie will go absolutely all out for this..

Would've been good if this match was during the transfer window so we could send out Frimmy to f**k him up and then ship him off.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Massa » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:28 pm

Looking at it like this I don't think we'll win.

Wish we had Theo fit, he'd rape Evra
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Myrmedus » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:31 pm

Fletcher is going to be a pain in the ass for our MF.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Massa » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:34 pm

Myrmedus wrote:Fletcher is going to be a pain in the ass for our MF.

Giroud won't be able to use his strength against Vidic/Smalling too
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby S4cePL » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:35 pm

It is absolutely imperative that Rosicky starts this one if we are to get anything from this game. With Flamini out suspended, he is the only midfield option left with both experience and discipline to carry our midfield against one of the "bigger" sides.
S4cePL
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Massa » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:39 pm

Would want Chambo on the wing to attack their crap defence but we don't have many CM options. Maybe Rosicky in the centre and Chambo left

We need penetration and lots of it. Man Utd's defence is whack but they'll park the bus.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14