Arsenal 0-0 Man Utd | Premier League 12/02/14

Re: Arsenal vs Man Utd | Premier League 12/02/14

Postby Gunpowder » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:49 pm

No1Fan wrote:
Angelito wrote:The way people write off a German international with 100+ caps, you'd think he plays for Siberia and not Germany.

trochowski ftw

So? Downing has 34 for England, Trochowski has 35 caps for Germany. Podolski is 3rd in all time and can reach to 2nd place when he's over.
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby AFC10 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:50 pm

Mesüt wrote:Podolski would displace Sturridge given a run of games with Suarez. Sturridge has like 15 caps for a shit country, Podolski is top class.

Lol OUCH!
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Schlandi » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:38 pm

No1Fan wrote:
Angelito wrote:The way people write off a German international with 100+ caps, you'd think he plays for Siberia and not Germany.

trochowski ftw

Ban yourself pls .. he has overtaken legends like Littbarski, Häßler, Beckenbauer aso. , he is younger as Mert, Lahm and Schweinsteiger and has more caps, he played three EC and two WC so far and you compare him with Trochowski

btw: Trochowski has won more titles than most of the Arsenal players ..

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:08 pm

This discussion is pointless as Wenger does not rate Podolski at all. It does not matter what we think the boss thinks Podolski is not even suitable for a sub appearance. I think he will be off in the summer.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:24 pm

This No1fan is a glorified troll basically. He's just here to wind up people.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:32 pm

Angelito wrote:This No1fan is a glorified troll basically. He's just here to wind up people.

Now hang on a second there Angelito, I take great exception to what you said here..................how is this troll glorified?
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:01 pm

Gunpowder wrote:
No1Fan wrote:

trochowski ftw

So? Downing has 34 for England, Trochowski has 35 caps for Germany. Podolski is 3rd in all time and can reach to 2nd place when he's over.

more luck than aything in my opinion who has been his competition up until recently? odonkor? marin? asamoah? schneider?

People's memories are short prior to 2010 there was alot of garbage in the german national side. Podolski just happened to be around when germany didnt have many top quality options.
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:10 pm

Podolski has been brilliant in in international competitions over the years imo. He and Merts seem to have been around forever!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:37 pm

No1Fan wrote:
Gunpowder wrote:
No1Fan wrote:

trochowski ftw

more luck than aything in my opinion who has been his competition up until recently? odonkor? marin? asamoah? schneider?

People's memories are short prior to 2010 there was alot of garbage in the german national side. Podolski just happened to be around when germany didnt have many top quality options.

So explain how all these dross players came third in 2006 and 2nd in 2008?????????????????????????????
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DenchBruva » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:45 pm

No1Fan wrote:
Gunpowder wrote:
No1Fan wrote:

trochowski ftw

The guy beat off competition from Fabregas, Messi and Ronaldo to win the FIFA World Cup Young Player 2006 award.

The guy use to be class for Germany tbf. He is one of Germanys highest Goalscorers.

He also made in into the Team of the Tournament of Euros in 2008. I agree he isn't that good now. But shocking comment.
DenchBruva
Patrick Vieira

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:57 am

Stop feeding the troll. He's already been banned once for trolling.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Schlandi » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:14 pm

No1Fan wrote:more luck than aything in my opinion who has been his competition up until recently? odonkor? marin? asamoah? schneider?

The only one from your list who was a competitor for his position was Marin :rolleyes: the other guys played RW or something else and besides Schneider who could play with both feet all of them are right foot players.
Bernd Schneider played for a crappy plastic club but he was a great footballer it's an insult to name him in the same sentence with Marin, Odonkor and Asamoah .. teach yourself and watch the WC final 2002 or the CL season 2001/2002 where he was the most important player for Leverkusen (they lost the final 2:1 against Real [the galacticos with Zidane aso.]) after that come back and tell me Schneider was shit ..

But to answer your question among others Schürrle, Götze (early stages of his national team career), Draxler, Großkreutz, Marin, Trochowski tried to grab his spot but finally it seems Reus managed to beat him.

What about WC 2010 ? By far the best tournament under Löw btw.
He started 6/7 matches (didn't play the "little final" (3rd place) and was only subbed once in the first match (4:0 against Australia).

Last time I checked he also started 4/5 (2/4 full time [Portugal, Netherlands]) matches (rested vs Greece) at EC 2012, Reus started one (Greece), his other competitor Schürrle also 1/5 (Greece) but on the other side of the pitch instead of Müller IIRC.
So much about none competition.

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:06 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:
No1Fan wrote:more luck than aything in my opinion who has been his competition up until recently? odonkor? marin? asamoah? schneider?

The only one from your list who was a competitor for his position was Marin :rolleyes: the other guys played RW or something else and besides Schneider who could play with both feet all of them are right foot players.
Bernd Schneider played for a crappy plastic club but he was a great footballer it's an insult to name him in the same sentence with Marin, Odonkor and Asamoah .. teach yourself and watch the WC final 2002 or the CL season 2001/2002 where he was the most important player for Leverkusen (they lost the final 2:1 against Real [the galacticos with Zidane aso.]) after that come back and tell me Schneider was shit ..

But to answer your question among others Schürrle, Götze (early stages of his national team career), Draxler, Großkreutz, Marin, Trochowski tried to grab his spot but finally it seems Reus managed to beat him.

He started 6/7 matches (didn't play the "little final" (3rd place) and was only subbed once in the first match (4:0 against Australia).

Last time I checked he also started 4/5 (2/4 full time [Portugal, Netherlands]) matches (rested vs Greece) at EC 2012, Reus started one (Greece), his other competitor Schürrle also 1/5 (Greece) but on the other side of the pitch instead of Müller IIRC.

Schürrle Großkreutz, Marin and trochowski i dont rate and support my point of lack of competition. Draxler and gotze are both young.

In terms of podolski i dont think he's bad i just dont think he fits into our system well and premier league football isnt suited to him.
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Schlandi » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:00 pm

No1Fan wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:

Schürrle Großkreutz, Marin and trochowski i dont rate and support my point of lack of competition. Draxler and gotze are both young.

In terms of podolski i dont think he's bad i just dont think he fits into our system well and premier league football isnt suited to him.

Großkreutz played as starter in the CL final last season and is a really good player.
Schürrle is mostly a one-trick pony but not that bad overall.
Trochowski getting worse from year to year but wasn't that bad in his earlier years.
Of course Marin is shit and a diver don't rate him either.

I think Podolski is well suited for PL football but maybe he would be better in the spanish league with his one touch football.

#GoonersWorldExcuses
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14