Liverpool 5-1 Arsenal | Premier League 08/01/13

Re: Liverpool 5-1 Arsenal | Premier League 08/01/13

Postby Zenith » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:15 pm

Flappy Bird creator removes game from app stores

Flappy Bird is flapping its wings no more.

The popular game for mobile devices was removed from online stores on Sunday by its Vietnamese creator, who said its fame "ruins my simple life".

Dong Nguyen, who created the game in just two to three days, was making as much as $50,000 (£30,482) a day from the game's advertising revenue.

In several Twitter posts, he said the game's removal was not due to legal issues and that he may make a sequel.

Mr Dong, who describes himself as a "passionate indie game maker", also said on the micro-blogging site that he will not sell Flappy Bird but that he will still make games.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26114364

No more Flappy Bird for Wojciech it seems...
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Zedie » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:21 pm

gooney wrote:
Zedie wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:Image

:rofll:

Have you got the same graphic for:

passes into Giroud
Passes to an Arsenal player for a goal scoring opportunity
Total shots taken by Arsenal players

He kept losing the ball. we have reached a level where unless we give Giroud 2-3 one on one with the keeper and no defender near by we shouldnt be asking for more. He is average player. I really dont understand the people defending this average player. No club has ever won the PL with a striker of Girouds level and there is a reason for that

It doesnt surprise me that you could find an angle to blame Saturday on Giroud.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:41 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:
Angelito wrote:I think it's okay to criticize a player sometimes, even if he's your favorite.

I do it with... I don't have favorites at Arsenal. Perhaps Rosicky.

..... and Podolski ;)

:P

But with Poldi, it's more his goal scoring prowess that I admire. He can be awful as a CF. See I'm not biased! ;)

Zedie wrote:
Angelito wrote:I think it's okay to criticize a player sometimes, even if he's your favorite.

I do it with... I don't have favorites at Arsenal. Perhaps Rosicky.

Take an isolated stat and laugh at it
Dont question why or how this stat came about
Cast iron evidence why Giroud is generally shit
????
Profit

Nah, that's not the thing.

Giroud is an average player and a decent striker. The Liverpool game isn't a justification for somebody to judge a player because everybody was tepid in that game.

But Gooney does have a point when he said that we've reached a stage where we need to give Giroud 3 one on ones before he scores. That's not criticism. He's not the type of striker to smash them in even when everything isn't working in his favor. Heck, he needs multiple chances even when things are working in his favor. Isn't that true? Just think for a while.

Point isn't that Giroud should be criticized or shouldn't be. If he scores and we win, that'd be great and thats all we want, but Giroud is the weak link in our side. People have to accept that. If you do, that's fine. If you don't, I don't know what to say.

In the case of SchGoo posting that graphic, it's doing rounds in the Internet. I've seen it elsewhere too. It's not fair to single him out, but if he were consistently playing well and scoring, people would let it slip. It's simple really.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Massa » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:56 pm

Zenith wrote:

The popular game for mobile devices was removed from online stores on Sunday by its Vietnamese creator, who said its fame "ruins my simple life".

Dong Nguyen, who created the game in just two to three days, was making as much as $50,000 (£30,482) a day from the game's advertising revenue.

In several Twitter posts, he said the game's removal was not due to legal issues and that he may make a sequel.

Mr Dong, who describes himself as a "passionate indie game maker", also said on the micro-blogging site that he will not sell Flappy Bird but that he will still make games.

Still works if you've downloaded it
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Zedie » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:16 pm

Zenith wrote:

The power of haters. Ive seen some of the abusive messages this guy got and its not on. He implied abuse over the game was the main cause for pulling the game.

I just dont understand how people could get worked up over a free game ffs.

If I were him, id shut down my twitter account, leave the app running and collect that £50k per day.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:25 pm

He still gets the money
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Zedie » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:56 pm

Not if he removes the game. The game was free but he Got the money via advertising.

No game, no advertising.

Spose he still must get the proceeds from the existing advertising from the already downloaded games and is probably insanely rich now, but still, he is limiting the game's earning potential by pulling it.

Come to think of it, he should really just grow thicker skin. I know I defo would looking down at all the haters from my penthouse in mayfair.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:04 pm

Zedie wrote:Not if he removes the game. The game was free but he Got the money via advertising.

No game, no advertising.

Spose he still must get the proceeds from the existing advertising from the already downloaded games and is probably insanely rich now, but still, he is limiting the game's earning potential by pulling it.

Come to think of it, he should really just grow thicker skin. I know I defo would looking down at all the haters from my penthouse in mayfair.

There's still ads on the currently downloaded Flappy Birds, so if he was getting 50k before he'll be getting that now surely

The take-down resulted in an obvious spike in downloads too, as he tweeted about it 22 hours before
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:07 pm

Its still on the Android store. Don't see what the fuss is about in all honesty...Same with Candy Crush.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Trina » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:45 pm

I was going to post a thread on this, never played the game but read about it been taken down. My daughter comes home from school and shows me phones on eBay going for thousands with bids on cos it has the game on!

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby AFC10 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:48 pm

Trina wrote:I was going to post a thread on this, never played the game but read about it been taken down. My daughter comes home from school and shows me phones on eBay going for thousands with bids on cos it has the game on!

£6 million an iPhone 4S is going for and £500k for a iphone 3... Madness.

Put my ipad on there last night.
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:28 pm

Seriously, what is the big f***ing deal? It's a very basic game and it's free, no idea what would possess people to abuse the creator over it. Am I missing something here?
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Dejan » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:33 pm

50k a day goddamn
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:35 pm

AFC10 wrote:
Trina wrote:I was going to post a thread on this, never played the game but read about it been taken down. My daughter comes home from school and shows me phones on eBay going for thousands with bids on cos it has the game on!

£6 million an iPhone 4S is going for and £500k for a iphone 3... Madness.

Put my ipad on there last night.

No one in their right mind is going to bid for those phones at that price lol
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:50 pm

Yeah, one sold for quite high then every TD&H put theirs on and now it's going for about £5 above retail price lol
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14