Liverpool 5-1 Arsenal | Premier League 08/01/13

Re: Liverpool 5-1 Arsenal | Premier League 08/01/13

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:03 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Zenith wrote:Moh talking sense yet again imo.

Sorry and maybe this is the drink talking but I think Lexalove, UFGN, Angelito, Rowdy and co will know what I'm saying here but ............

This guy's a mug! I was listening and hearing him until the excuses started.

Starts saying "this is a point lost" no mofo its 3 points lost, you can't just make up scenarios that suit you, and if your going by the "4 point" best scenario method then he's in for a hell of a shock come the Utd game.

Worst he's saying buying a striker would of made no difference then goes on to say "Liverpool won because they have a world class striker"!!!!!!! MUG!!

Worst to follow, he makes out like this will all be ok if we beat Utd ......... that's a MASSIVE if and what fkin excuse is that guy gonna have when we fk that game up as well.

Fkin pissed me off that did, when's the last time we beat Utd? yet he's acting like its a forgone conclusion, want to smash his face in.

He is in a nutshell the mediocre satisfied fan that I'm beginning to hate, always a fkin excuse and I can't wait to see what he's got lined up when we imo get a draw against Utd, what fkin then? 1 point out of 4, or in real life (not fantasy excuses land) 1 point out of 6.

This^^

Somes up how I feel about the mediocre fans who seem happy and content with the last 8 years! Top post....even when drunk ;)
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby UFGN » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:04 am

Yep. We have too many fans who have the excuses lined up even before a ball is kicked.

I wonder what Michael Thomas, Tony Adams and co would have thought of fans or players, or a manager for that matter, who would be happy with a draw at Anfield?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Santi » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:33 am

Right cos we should expect to P38 W38 right? Let's be realistic once in a while yeah? A point against a good Liverpool team at Anfield would've been a solid result in the context of the season.

Soz forgot the GG boys triumphed everytime they stepped on the pitch.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Zinc » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:53 am

The mediocre fan who was actually attending the away game and supporting the team. Yeah, what mediocre away fans we have, they can't hold a candle to the keyboard warriors.
Massa wrote:Barely a goalscorer when he plays for Bayern
Zinc
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:04 am

Zinc wrote:The mediocre fan who was actually attending the away game and supporting the team. Yeah, what mediocre away fans we have, they can't hold a candle to the keyboard warriors.

I know that bloke and I go to roughly the same amount of matches as him. Sorry to shit on your illusions.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:41 am

Zinc wrote:The mediocre fan who was actually attending the away game and supporting the team. Yeah, what mediocre away fans we have, they can't hold a candle to the keyboard warriors.

So $$$$ = better fan?
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Callum » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:45 am

UFGN wrote:

I know that bloke and I go to roughly the same amount of matches as him. Sorry to shit on your illusions.

Moh goes to every home game and a hell of a lot of away games as well.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:18 pm

Callum wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Moh goes to every home game and a hell of a lot of away games as well.

Well I dont know about home games. I dont get to many of them.

UFGN

Postby UFGN » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:30 pm

3 points is always the target when you go to Anfield.

I believe that playing for a draw or only expecting one point is only for exceptional circumstances, ie for teams which are clearly stronger than you in the here and now, or a tricky European away match.

But back to the George Graham comparison, im talking about needing to go to Anfield and beat them 2-0 to win thd title and f***ing doing it..... back when Liverpool were the best team in England. Yesterday we needed to beat them and they are a very beatable, yet some would have been happy with a draw. f**k that mentality.

UFGN

Postby AFC10 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:37 pm

:clap:
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:48 pm

I go to as many games as I can but when ive parted with my money for PL tickets, to watch guys who are earning 100 grand a week I feel raped!!!

But your right Zinc because of this view I am not worthy of criticising a guy who goes to every game.

:doh:
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Angelito » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:50 pm

Oh the, "so and so is a bigger fan than you," argument again...
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby lexalove » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:51 pm

I think everyone who takes the time to log on and post on this forum is a fan of Arsenal FC (apart from fans of other clubs that come on here to gloat, wind us up or in some cases have a real discussion about football issues). I don't agree with this notion that to be a "true" fan you have to attend every game home and away... sorry that's bullshit. We have fans all over the world who can't attend any games but love the club none the less.

What the argument is about, and this argument has been raging for some time now is what is the best direction for the club and are we making the most of all the resources available? I hate it when we lose, it winds me up and f*cks up the rest of my day. I'm not stupid and understand that we cannot win every game, so a defeat where we have battled hard but been narrowly defeated I can take, even though I don't like it.

What really pisses me off about yesterday is not the defeat BUT THE MANNER OF THE DEFEAT.

if it was a one off then I could maybe brush it off but we've been here too often. You can make excuses until the cows come home but there is something wrong at the heart of a supposedly top club when the majority of games against teams with equal talent or when there is real importance attached to the game results in defeat.

Be honest and list any other TOP European club that would keep a manager and a philosophy that has resulted in 8 going on 9 years of winning nothing. Anyone responding to this post please state one case where this has happened. If you can't name any ask yourself why do we think we know better than every other top club that has no doubt had some measure of success while we've had NONE?

If you can be honest with yourself and answer those questions then you may start to understand why I hold the opinions I do.
Last edited by lexalove on Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Let's Make Arsenal Great Again!

#CrookedKroenkeOut - #LyingGazidisOut - #CrazyWengerOut
lexalove
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:53 pm

Nice fail.

Yes he goes to games ........ so does that make him all seeing, all knowing?

I'm not questioning his value as a fan of the club I said he's another fan who is happy with the mediocre standards we're now being fed as opposed to when we were a real competitive club.
You don't have to sell me the "respect fans that go to games" line because that's a given, however that doesn't mean he's a fan I have to agree with.
UFGN goes to games, I'll take his perspective over Moh's cheers and thank you.

Even then as I said, I was agreeing with him until the excuses started rolling in like the Queen Mary.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:01 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

Nice fail.

Yes he goes to games ........ so does that make him all seeing, all knowing?

I'm not questioning his value as a fan of the club I said he's another fan who is happy with the mediocre standards we're now being fed as opposed to when we were a real competitive club.
You don't have to sell me the "respect fans that go to games" line because that's a given, however that doesn't mean he's a fan I have to agree with.
UFGN goes to games, I'll take his perspective over Moh's cheers and thank you.

Even then as I said, I was agreeing with him until the excuses started rolling in like the Queen Mary.

How do you believe Diego Costa would have prevented those goals?
Zedie
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14