Zedie wrote:
Massa wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Massa wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Massa wrote:
Zedie wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Zinc wrote:The mediocre fan who was actually attending the away game and supporting the team. Yeah, what mediocre away fans we have, they can't hold a candle to the keyboard warriors.

Nice fail.

Yes he goes to games ........ so does that make him all seeing, all knowing?

I'm not questioning his value as a fan of the club I said he's another fan who is happy with the mediocre standards we're now being fed as opposed to when we were a real competitive club.
You don't have to sell me the "respect fans that go to games" line because that's a given, however that doesn't mean he's a fan I have to agree with.
UFGN goes to games, I'll take his perspective over Moh's cheers and thank you.

Even then as I said, I was agreeing with him until the excuses started rolling in like the Queen Mary.

How do you believe Diego Costa would have prevented those goals?

Where did he mention Diego Costa

He mentioned no signings that we all wanted earlier and mentioned he wanted to punch Moh when he said a striker wouldnt have made a difference yesterday.

Diego Costa is such a striker.

It is a bit of a shit excuse because we'd a) have more points so if we did lose it wouldn't matter as much and b) we'd have scored more goals

Are you saying Diego Costa would have scored 6 goals yesterday?

No

But if we were 5 points clear or whatever would it matter

(plus we only needed 5 goals)

Chelsea are ahead of us by 1 point, but behind us by 1 goal. only 2 other teams have more goals scored, City and Lpool. Our defense and midfield f***ked us yesterday, not having a striker like Diego Costa or Berbatov etc.

Of course if we had scored more goals in previous draws/losses we would be better off points wise, but don't kid yourself into thinking yesterday was anything other than a complete failure of the whole team and AW and Messi wouldn't have been able to stop it. It could have ended 5-2, 5-3, 7-3 etc. but it will never change the outcome if the whole team are playing like a pub team.

True.

I do think what we missed yesterday was a proper leader tearing shreds into the team for playing so badly. Usually that would be Mert but he was getting skinned too.

However, I do think we also paid the price for lacking top quality up front AND lacking pace in attack. Liverpool had nothing to worry about really in attacking like they did as we had very little to hit back with.

If we'd had a player like Theo on the pitch, honestly, a simple clearance up field from our defence and Theo would've been bearing down on goal. It would've made Liverpool's tactic too dangerous and they would've either eased off or conceded.

I'm not sure why Gnabry wasn't played but if we're not going to be playing Gnabry in games of this pace then we need to reinforce the pace in our team.

A perfect case for this was the City game. We played poorly there too IMO (not as bad as yesterday, admittedly) and conceded a bucket load but we scored 3 goals. Who scored 2 of them?

That's a fair point, but it still doesn't address the issues we would still have had if the midfield failed to close down, the defense were not marking or picking up positions and the attack kept turning over balls to the opposition.

If you cant even get the ball to a Costa in the box or Walcott on the wing, it doesnt even matter what they can do with the ball!

Its not like we played well but our forward line let us down. To a man we let ourselves down.

@ Massa - if me saying this makes you think i would be fine with a Park playing as striker, then you are missing the point completely and wont accept that the whole team played completely shite.

At a minimum, the team should have kept the score at 0-0 or even 1-0, but they didnt, they f***ing fell apart. You could have current form Suarez up top, but without everyone behind him fighting and closing down like Liverpool did yesterday, it wouldnt have made a difference. Yes defenders would be more cautious, but im sorry, it shouldnt stop them from defending their position.

1 ST could make the world of difference to our play, but a whole team allows that striker to be that difference.
Last edited by Zedie on Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Re: Liverpool 5-1 Arsenal | Premier League 08/01/13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:42 pm

ivän itchybüm wrote:
Zedie wrote:Can anyone remember who Jon Flanagan went in 2 footed on?

Completely forgotten, need it asap for a blog im writing.

Cheers.

Wilshere I'm fairly sure...

Wasn't actually two footed though, no contact made... It was a weird one.

Yeah, he went over the ball but got his foot down in time.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zedie » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:44 pm

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
ivän itchybüm wrote:

Cheers.

Doesnt make a difference imo. The FA, this very weekend, have upheld Andy Carrol's red due to intent in his challenge and not actual contact. You jump into a tackle going over the ball like that, regardless of whether you made contact, its a red due to intent.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:45 pm

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
ivän itchybüm wrote:

Cheers.

Cheers btw, ill stick it in as above.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Myrmedus » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:17 pm

Zedie wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Massa wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Massa wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Massa wrote:
Zedie wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Zinc wrote:The mediocre fan who was actually attending the away game and supporting the team. Yeah, what mediocre away fans we have, they can't hold a candle to the keyboard warriors.

Nice fail.

Yes he goes to games ........ so does that make him all seeing, all knowing?

I'm not questioning his value as a fan of the club I said he's another fan who is happy with the mediocre standards we're now being fed as opposed to when we were a real competitive club.
You don't have to sell me the "respect fans that go to games" line because that's a given, however that doesn't mean he's a fan I have to agree with.
UFGN goes to games, I'll take his perspective over Moh's cheers and thank you.

Even then as I said, I was agreeing with him until the excuses started rolling in like the Queen Mary.

How do you believe Diego Costa would have prevented those goals?

Where did he mention Diego Costa

He mentioned no signings that we all wanted earlier and mentioned he wanted to punch Moh when he said a striker wouldnt have made a difference yesterday.

Diego Costa is such a striker.

It is a bit of a shit excuse because we'd a) have more points so if we did lose it wouldn't matter as much and b) we'd have scored more goals

Are you saying Diego Costa would have scored 6 goals yesterday?

No

But if we were 5 points clear or whatever would it matter

(plus we only needed 5 goals)

Chelsea are ahead of us by 1 point, but behind us by 1 goal. only 2 other teams have more goals scored, City and Lpool. Our defense and midfield f***ked us yesterday, not having a striker like Diego Costa or Berbatov etc.

Of course if we had scored more goals in previous draws/losses we would be better off points wise, but don't kid yourself into thinking yesterday was anything other than a complete failure of the whole team and AW and Messi wouldn't have been able to stop it. It could have ended 5-2, 5-3, 7-3 etc. but it will never change the outcome if the whole team are playing like a pub team.

True.

I do think what we missed yesterday was a proper leader tearing shreds into the team for playing so badly. Usually that would be Mert but he was getting skinned too.

However, I do think we also paid the price for lacking top quality up front AND lacking pace in attack. Liverpool had nothing to worry about really in attacking like they did as we had very little to hit back with.

If we'd had a player like Theo on the pitch, honestly, a simple clearance up field from our defence and Theo would've been bearing down on goal. It would've made Liverpool's tactic too dangerous and they would've either eased off or conceded.

I'm not sure why Gnabry wasn't played but if we're not going to be playing Gnabry in games of this pace then we need to reinforce the pace in our team.

A perfect case for this was the City game. We played poorly there too IMO (not as bad as yesterday, admittedly) and conceded a bucket load but we scored 3 goals. Who scored 2 of them?

That's a fair point, but it still doesn't address the issues we would still have had if the midfield failed to close down, the defense were not marking or picking up positions and the attack kept turning over balls to the opposition.

If you cant even get the ball to a Costa in the box or Walcott on the wing, it doesnt even matter what they can do with the ball!

Its not like we played well but our forward line let us down. To a man we let ourselves down.

Oh I agree, that performance was one of the most pathetic displays I've seen across the board, but I do feel we give ourselves very little margin for error when having so little pace and genuine attacking threat. I mean, like I said, Liverpool were so crazy in their attack that route 1 balls would've been effective if we'd had a pacey attacker or 2 ready for it.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:19 pm

lets get objective.

Conceded two cos we failed to mark Škrtel on two occasions.

Conceded a further two when Ozil gave away the ball cheaply on two occasions plus Sagna had his ass parked so high up the pitch that he was in no position to track back and cover for one of the goals.

Conceded the fifth when Liverpool hit us on the break with Sterling finishing on the rebound.

Wenger was hopelessly watching our team being cut through like a knife through butter instead of shouting out instructions.

Wenger did not make any change in the system despite Liverpool attacking like a pack of wolves and our players running around everywhere like headless chickens. Both full-backs were happy to go on a world tour in Liverpool half completely oblivious to the annihilation going on.

Everybody bar Szczesny was piss poor.

So yes new Striker probably would not have prevented the loss but a better manager would have definitely organized the team better, changed the system and/or made some personnel changes instead of watching the whole fiasco like mute spectator.

I would like to say though that a midfield lynchpin [ read a top quality combative holding midfielder] could have limited the damage if not prevented the defeat. Wenger has conveniently tried to fix this problem by stop gap signing [ Flamini] and a makeshift player who is fast loosing his legs [ Arteta] but as we could see yesterday a top quality midfielder is the need of the hour.

So we lost the game cos the players did not play well, there was no midfield lynchpin and the manager failed to do his job properly.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:26 pm

I can't quite explain how pi55ed off I still am about this result!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Myrmedus » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:27 pm

Matic would've been so good...sigh.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Myrmedus » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:27 pm

Plymöuth Gööner wrote:I can't quite explain how pi55ed off I still am about this result!

Agreed.

I felt a bit demoralised about the City game but not angry. THIS result has really pissed me off.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Angelito » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:27 pm

Plymöuth Gööner wrote:I can't quite explain how pi55ed off I still am about this result!

Woke up in the morning and for a moment I thought it was a bad dream. :(
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Sims » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:56 pm

The worst thing is that Liverpool aren't even that great. I wanted at least 4 points from United & Liverpool as well. We SHOULD beat United, they are complete shit.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby MrMcG » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:56 pm

Im in turkey working at the moment, and well I'm very much F******* off at the result I'm being abused by everyone at the moment over the result.

I was in a pub yesterday in taksim watching the rugby and we got caught up in the riots, this meant we got hit with tear gas ( yes it hurts ) however the pain of this defeat is still far worse.

So so pissed off glad i didn't watch it now.
MrMcG
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Zinc » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:56 pm

Callum wrote:
UFGN wrote:

I know that bloke and I go to roughly the same amount of matches as him. Sorry to shit on your illusions.

Moh goes to every home game and a hell of a lot of away games as well.

That would be a wonderful retort if:

-my post was directed at you, which it wasn't.
-my point was about an imaginary competition you've invented in your mind of who attends the most games.

Here's shitting on your inability to understand a point - I was replying to the idea that holding a different opinion to someone else makes you mediocre whilst criticised from a messageboard. Attending games and supporting the team is a far more significant factor as a fan than your opinion on how good Wenger is. Don't bother replying, you're on my ignore list.
Massa wrote:Barely a goalscorer when he plays for Bayern
Zinc
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zinc » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:57 pm

RowdyRoddyPoppins wrote:

I go to as many games as I can but when ive parted with my money for PL tickets, to watch guys who are earning 100 grand a week I feel raped!!!

But your right Zinc because of this view I am not worthy of criticising a guy who goes to every game.

:doh:

You, like the chap I just replied to have also completely missed the point I was making, you're also incredibly immature and contribute nothing so I'm putting you on ignore.
Massa wrote:Barely a goalscorer when he plays for Bayern
Zinc
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Callum » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:00 pm

Zinc wrote:
Callum wrote:
UFGN wrote:

I know that bloke and I go to roughly the same amount of matches as him. Sorry to shit on your illusions.

Moh goes to every home game and a hell of a lot of away games as well.

That would be a wonderful retort if:

-my post was directed at you, which it wasn't.
-my point was about an imaginary competition you've invented in your mind of who attends the most games.

Here's shitting on your inability to understand a point - I was replying to the idea that holding a different opinion to someone else makes you mediocre whilst criticised from a messageboard. Attending games and supporting the team is a far more significant factor as a fan than your opinion on how good Wenger is. Don't bother replying, you're on my ignore list.

Who, me?

:dontknow:
Callum
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14