Southampton 2-2 Arsenal | Premier League 28/01/14

Re: Southampton vs Arsenal | Premier League 28/01/14

Postby Callum » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:33 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Yes but then he can't feed Project Giroud and that's Wenger's main concern.

Le boss is really starting to piss me off tbh, Podolski is the man and he's on the fkin bench, Giroud has hardly been scoring regularly yet he rolls out the red carpet for him every chance he gets.

For all of his faults, Giroud knows how to play as a lone striker. Podolski does not. Also, Giroud is in a good bit of form so does not deserve to be dropped. I don't see how he is 'rolling out the red carpet' for him.

elkanofan wrote:Podolski should be able to play on the right and look to cut inside

He has never played this role.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby GSK_AFC » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:35 pm

Git wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
Callum wrote:Just seen that they're missing Osvaldo, Ramirez, Lovren or Lambert. Wanyama and Clyne only make the bench.

Who's starting upfront for them?

18 year old Sam Gallagher

wow no idea how good he is but that's good news. Expecting nothing less than all 3 points.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:35 pm

Streams and stuff
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:36 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
Callum wrote:
elkanofan wrote:Is Wenger still putting cotton wool around Podolski.

Why the f**k isn't he starting? Gnabry is still a kid, talented but hes still too raw to be relied upon

Gnabry plays on the right and Wenger doesn't want to move Cazorla there just to accomodate Podolski. His logic is clear even if you don't agree with it.

Podolski should be able to play on the right and look to cut inside

Yes but then he can't feed Project Giroud and that's Wenger's main concern.

Le boss is really starting to piss me off tbh, Podolski is the man and he's on the fkin bench, Giroud has hardly been scoring regularly yet he rolls out the red carpet for him every chance he gets.

If anything, Podolski is the best option alongside Giroud. They play brilliantly together. Poldi being on the bench is Wenger favouring Santi, not Giroud.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby FrustratedGooner » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:37 pm

FrustratedGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Zedie » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:38 pm

FrustratedGooner wrote:http://neolive.eu/198146/1/Watch-Southampton-FC-vs-Arsenal-/

cheers bud
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:39 pm

Dejan wrote:I want 5 goals ffs

show some firepower

We haven't won by a margin bigger than 3 this season. Blame our firepower or lack there of
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Massa » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:40 pm

ivän itchybüm wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
ivän itchybüm wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Massa wrote:Why is Gnabry starting

#Arsenal team to play Southampton: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Flamini, Ozil, Cazorla, Gnabry, Giroud #SFCvAFC

I simply can't believe it tbh.

Arteta - Flamini to negative should be Rosicky.

Gnarby or Podolski ........ seriously?? Arsene must not want to score tonight.

There is a definite issue between Lukas and Arsene, been that way for some time.

What are you talking about dude?

Gnabry plays on the right, it was Santi or Poldi and he rightly started Santi because he' a much better player.

Would prefer santi on the right, he's an ambidexter so it doesn't matter which side he plays on and Podolski on the left.

Since when? I for one have never seen him on the right, I'm assuming GW scouts have and can assure me that he is in fact quality there though?

Ya right.

Patronising everyone else doesn't make you right. He is obviously capable of playing on the right having done so for 80% of his career.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Zedie » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:41 pm

Massa wrote:
ivän itchybüm wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
ivän itchybüm wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

#Arsenal team to play Southampton: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Flamini, Ozil, Cazorla, Gnabry, Giroud #SFCvAFC

There is a definite issue between Lukas and Arsene, been that way for some time.

Gnabry plays on the right, it was Santi or Poldi and he rightly started Santi because he' a much better player.

Would prefer santi on the right, he's an ambidexter so it doesn't matter which side he plays on and Podolski on the left.

Since when? I for one have never seen him on the right, I'm assuming GW scouts have and can assure me that he is in fact quality there though?

Ya right.

Patronising everyone else doesn't make you right. He is obviously capable of playing on the right having done so for 80% of his career.

Pod?
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:41 pm

How many times does Wenger have to play Arteta - Flamini to figure out that it doesn't work
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Git » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:41 pm

Any sopcast streamage?
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Zedie » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:42 pm

Massa wrote:
Dejan wrote:I want 5 goals ffs

show some firepower

We haven't won by a margin bigger than 3 this season. Blame our firepower or lack there of

you dont win shit for scoring 12 past someone if you donht end top. a win is a win is a win
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby ivan itchybum » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:43 pm

Massa wrote:
ivän itchybüm wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
ivän itchybüm wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Ya right.

Not patronised anyone. I asked if anyone had seen him play on the right a lot and I'm nearly f***ing certain they haven't. Simple as. If Wenger is playing him on the left, it's because he's better there.
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:43 pm

ivän itchybüm wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
ivän itchybüm wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Ya right.

Until he came to us, he almost always played there.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:44 pm

ivän itchybüm wrote:
Massa wrote:
ivän itchybüm wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
ivän itchybüm wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Ya right.

Not patronised anyone. I asked if anyone had seen him play on the right a lot and I'm nearly f***ing certain they haven't. Simple as. If Wenger is playing him on the left, it's because he's better there.

Because Wenger always puts players in their best position? Like Bendtner on the wing?
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14