Southampton 2-2 Arsenal | Premier League 28/01/14

Re: Southampton 2-2 Arsenal | Premier League 28/01/14

Postby Apollo » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:18 pm

Angelito wrote:@ Callum

Giroud scores one goal and you're all over the forum talking about that goal. No disrespect to Giroud, it was a great finish, but that's his job.

Dude that logic though

Next time you see fit to praise any particular player for a job well done should we just reply "dude stop thats his job"?

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Angelito » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:20 pm

Omphi93 wrote:

Giroud scores one goal and you're all over the forum talking about that goal. No disrespect to Giroud, it was a great finish, but that's his job.

Dude that logic though

Next time you see fit to praise any particular player for a job well done should we just reply "dude stop thats his job"?

If I go on highlighting that in 3-4 threads despite not winning the game and having a track-record of supporting that player more than others, yes, do it. :)
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Sims » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:04 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:
Callum wrote:Image

Brilliant improvisation. He deserves much more credit for that finish, if that was Podolski people would still be raving about it.

Podolski couldn't have done that if he tried.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Mexal » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:47 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:

Brilliant improvisation. He deserves much more credit for that finish, if that was Podolski people would still be raving about it.

Truly is a brilliant finish. For all the crap Giroud gets, he is rounding back into a goal scoring form with 4 goals in 5 games. Only issue is the teams he scores against. Need him to score goals against the top 5-6 teams.
Mexal
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Pudpop » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:14 pm

Mexal wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:

Truly is a brilliant finish. For all the crap Giroud gets, he is rounding back into a goal scoring form with 4 goals in 5 games. Only issue is the teams he scores against. Need him to score goals against the top 5-6 teams.

Definitely. If he can't carry this form into the tough fixtures in Feb/March then our season is over IMO. Unless our midfield starts banging it in for fun...
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:17 pm

Sims wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:

What a load of rubbish.

I've even done that in a game before for god sake lol.

(True story)
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Mexal » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:22 pm

Pudpop wrote:Definitely. If he can't carry this form into the tough fixtures in Feb/March then our season is over IMO. Unless our midfield starts banging it in for fun...

Which is somewhat unlikely given our two best midfield goal scorers are injured long term and our best finisher sits on the bench.
Mexal
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Massa » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:14 pm

Great finish but changes little.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Schlandi » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:55 pm

Sims wrote:Image

Fixed it for you..

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Mexal » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:25 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:
Sims wrote:Image

Fixed it for you..

I liked the directness Gnabry showed there...
Mexal
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Gunpowder » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:31 pm

Poldi could have hit the ball there, it's not that hard but I don't think he'd bully the defender and gain the position like Giroud did.
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Callum » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:01 pm

Angelito wrote:If I go on highlighting that in 3-4 threads despite not winning the game and having a track-record of supporting that player more than others, yes, do it. :)

Oh piss off you miserable bastard. Just more evidence of your desire to constantly get at me. What is your issue? I'm doing my best to ignore your bullshit but it's difficult when you constantly target me. It's pathetic.

Giroud scores a great goal, I'm happy to see him score it, and with this being an Arsenal forum I mention that I thought it was good and post a gif of it. I posted a gif of Podolski's shot against Fulham last week - no problem with that I see. Should I run things past you first? Is that what you want?

Should we not celebrate good goals from our attacking players anymore, as it's their job? No praise for Mertesacker or Koscielny for good tackles, as it's their job? Ozil's passing and vision isn't worth mentioning, because hey, that's what we paid for?

Just bugger off.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:32 pm

Lay off Callum, he is the funniest guy on the forum....his gifs are classic :P
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zedie » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:47 pm

Callum wrote:

Angelito wrote:If I go on highlighting that in 3-4 threads despite not winning the game and having a track-record of supporting that player more than others, yes, do it. :)

Oh piss off you miserable bastard. Just more evidence of your desire to constantly get at me. What is your issue? I'm doing my best to ignore your bullshit but it's difficult when you constantly target me. It's pathetic.

Giroud scores a great goal, I'm happy to see him score it, and with this being an Arsenal forum I mention that I thought it was good and post a gif of it. I posted a gif of Podolski's shot against Fulham last week - no problem with that I see. Should I run things past you first? Is that what you want?

Should we not celebrate good goals from our attacking players anymore, as it's their job? No praise for Mertesacker or Koscielny for good tackles, as it's their job? Ozil's passing and vision isn't worth mentioning, because hey, that's what we paid for?

Just bugger off.

Haters will find any angle to hate. If aguero had scored it, you know GW led by angelito would be half way up sergio's colon.

Hating on that goal doesnt make any sense lol.

He only wums you because you rise to it!
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:01 am

Gunpowder wrote:Poldi could have hit the ball there, it's not that hard but I don't think he'd bully the defender and gain the position like Giroud did.

Exactly. He could've done the finish, sure; no way could he have forced the defender in that position though.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14