Arsenal 2-0 Fulham | Premier League 18/01/14

Re: Arsenal 2-0 Fulham | Premier League 18/01/14

Postby Myrmedus » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:07 pm

Zëdië wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:People need to watch the game closely to see how much Ozil was involved in the build up today imho. I am not saying he had a blinder today but he was involved in quiet a few of our good moments. People never forget his price tag when rating his performance it seems. If you go back and watch that game again you will notice the small little things he did which went unnoticed.

A lot of the time he just runs through the middle with the ball and opens up the play. People forget that for the whole of last season we struggled to do that and just passed it sideways for half an hour.

Bingo.

He takes at-least 2-3 players with him opening up pockets for others to occupy. He runs at defenders and always looks to pass it forwards instead of a safe back-pass.

+4

While I was far from impressed with him today, generally, he has the ability to create openings for others with passes most wouldnt see or think to execute.

Because so many of them are forward, the risk of it f***ing up is greater although today, simple passes and ball control was off.

ozil is quality, but he needs to focus a bit more.

It's also his first season, let's cut him some slack. Anyone remember Henry's first season? Probably not since it was fairly forgetable!
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Massa » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:07 pm

Ozil is unreal and vital to our play. It's the pieces around him that need filling. We have such a solid base for an unreal team and I just hope we can win the FA Cup or something this season and push on with a couple of new signings in the summer.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Myrmedus » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:11 pm

f**k that! ST in, EPL in, FA cup in!

In all seriousness, looking at the form of Arsenal, City and Chelsea, I do feel it's going to be down to the head-to-heads unless City and Chelsea begin to fail again...we need to get better at playing our rivals.
Last edited by Myrmedus on Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Santi » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:12 pm

He was still one of the worse players for us today. Would love to see him playing balls for a good striker though.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:12 pm

Myrmedus wrote:f**k that! ST in, EPL in, FA cup in!

That's ideal but it doesn't look like we're going to take that extra step
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:15 pm

Ozil is a quality player but lets be honest, he wasn't very good today. He looked tired tbh
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Myrmedus » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:17 pm

Massa wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:f**k that! ST in, EPL in, FA cup in!

That's ideal but it doesn't look like we're going to take that extra step

A man can dream :crybaby:

Still, considering we seem to be great vs smaller teams and crap vs. rivals (generally) the EPL might be more realistic than the FA Cup...hmmm.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:23 pm

i thought ozil was class today and our best player bar per and kos, was at the emirates and i have to say every time he had the ball the only real option was sagna. None of our team makes forward runs, neither gnabry, wilshere, santi and giroud all ask for the ball to feet. That makes it very difficult as they often crowd each other out.

Often ozil would have the ball and giroud and gnabry would request the ball to feet in the same area or wilshere and santi. Also we have alot of pass admirers its only really ozil and occasionally wilshere that look to make a run directly after passing. Giroud is the biggest culprit.

He was absolute garbage today and really did nothing to unsettle the fulham defence. I though berbatovs showed him a lesson in movement and bringing team mates into play. Cant believe giroud still struggles to hit the target, he's a complete liability.
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby AAIRE99 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:38 pm

even though i have money on chelsea tomorrow i have an one of them feelings that united are going to rob this one 1 - 0 or something, you know when you think theres just no way a team can win and they will surprise you :X

Good result for Arse earlier, won me some money too :o
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Schlandi » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:46 pm

No1Fan wrote:i thought ozil was class today and our best player bar per and kos, was at the emirates and i have to say every time he had the ball the only real option was sagna. None of our team makes forward runs, neither gnabry, wilshere, santi and giroud all ask for the ball to feet. That makes it very difficult as they often crowd each other out.

Noticed that too, nearly lost it as Sagna was shortly paralyzed close to their box cause nobody wanted the ball ..

No1Fan wrote:Often ozil would have the ball and giroud and gnabry would request the ball to feet in the same area or wilshere and santi. Also we have alot of pass admirers its only really ozil and occasionally wilshere that look to make a run directly after passing. Giroud is the biggest culprit.
He was absolute garbage today and really did nothing to unsettle the fulham defence. I though berbatovs showed him a lesson in movement and bringing team mates into play. Cant believe giroud still struggles to hit the target, he's a complete liability.

Özil of course searched for players who make a run but he should have done more ego stuff after he noticed that nobody is willing to make runs imo instead he started to argue.

I'm not throwing "potato" around often but today Giroud was much more worse than Podolski in his 60min against Cardiff dunno why he gets such a good rating here while nearly the whole forum jumped on Podolskis performance.

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Pudpop » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:48 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:
No1Fan wrote:I'm not throwing "potato" around often but today Giroud was much more worse than Podolski in his 60min against Cardiff dunno why he gets such a good rating here while nearly the whole forum jumped on Podolskis performance.

I'm not sure if this is the reason why Giroud is getting some slack but he was involved with the first goal, which counts for something.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Schlandi » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:51 pm

Pudpop wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:I'm not throwing "potato" around often but today Giroud was much more worse than Podolski in his 60min against Cardiff dunno why he gets such a good rating here while nearly the whole forum jumped on Podolskis performance.

I'm not sure if this is the reason why Giroud is getting some slack but he was involved with the first goal, which counts for something.

His only scene I remember where he wasn't poor today imo.
Did you notice how Santi prefered to jump/slide into the ball instead of let Giroud take a shot ? :P

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:53 pm

giroud was woeful today absolutely awful. I thought podolski played very well on the left i'd like to see him start the next game
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Gunflash » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:31 pm

We didn't play particularly well, especially in the first half but we stepped it up in the second half. Wilshere was brilliant in midfield. He's good at keeping the ball, creating chances and drawing fouls. It was good to see Cazorla scoring twice. He's been a bit goalshy this season and we need plenty of goals from midfield. A solid 3 points and we're still above Man City, although you wouldn't know it from the ridiculous hype that's been attached to Man City and their goalscoring exploits.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Mike Dean » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:55 pm

Its such a challenge for Giroud to move out of of tight spaces and get a shot in front of the goal.

We should get that Putin guy from Fulham.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14