SE13
SE13

Re: Ynt: Arsenal 2-0 Fulham | Premier League 18/01/14

Postby Zedie » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:29 pm

Gunpowder wrote:
Dejan wrote:
Gunpowder wrote:
Dejan wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:Playing him on the right would be a disaster IMO. It will force him to take his player on and he isn't skillfull enough to cut in get the ball onto his left foot at will. He's our most winger-like player aswell so I think he should stay on the left when playing.

Yesterday he cut in a lot of times inside from the left. If he's skillfull enough to do it in the left, he sure is on the right since he can use his best foot more effectively.

Defenders give to him his right hand side. Everyone know he has a great left food. They'll adjust accordingly.

They arent suppose to give him any side. If the defenders 'giving' him the right side, they are not doing their jobs.

Not sure it was a tactic but looked that way and probably it was. Podolski cut to middle a lot yesterday. What happened? Easily recoverable short range passes. His left footed crosses and shots are more deadly so they didn't mi
nd him going around that area. In right wing they would challenge him to dribble past with his weaker foot. He doesn't have pace and dribbling to do it. I'm not against a free role for him but he should spend little time on right.

Agreed imho. I would ask why no one in his career has played him on the RHS before. Probably because they did it in training and it just didnt work. Dont think his close control is good enough to make it happen.....
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Re: Ynt: Arsenal 2-0 Fulham | Premier League 18/01/14

Postby Schlandi » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:53 pm

Zëdië wrote:
Gunpowder wrote:
Dejan wrote:
Gunpowder wrote:
Dejan wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:Playing him on the right would be a disaster IMO. It will force him to take his player on and he isn't skillfull enough to cut in get the ball onto his left foot at will. He's our most winger-like player aswell so I think he should stay on the left when playing.

Yesterday he cut in a lot of times inside from the left. If he's skillfull enough to do it in the left, he sure is on the right since he can use his best foot more effectively.

Defenders give to him his right hand side. Everyone know he has a great left food. They'll adjust accordingly.

They arent suppose to give him any side. If the defenders 'giving' him the right side, they are not doing their jobs.

Not sure it was a tactic but looked that way and probably it was. Podolski cut to middle a lot yesterday. What happened? Easily recoverable short range passes. His left footed crosses and shots are more deadly so they didn't mi
nd him going around that area. In right wing they would challenge him to dribble past with his weaker foot. He doesn't have pace and dribbling to do it. I'm not against a free role for him but he should spend little time on right.

Agreed imho. I would ask why no one in his career has played him on the RHS before. Probably because they did it in training and it just didnt work. Dont think his close control is good enough to make it happen.....

As a side note "inverted midfielders are really rare" here.
Becomes more popular 2-3 seasons ago with Robben but we also lack really good full backs who could make good crosses so most teams would end up without any penetration from one wing which would be much easier to defend for the opposite team. Robben has Lahm behind him most other teams here don't have such a good pairing.

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Re: Arsenal 2-0 Fulham | Premier League 18/01/14

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:58 am

Sigh, some people will just keep underestimating the man, yet he show's more in 5 mins than what most players in our team show in 3 matches.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:58 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

Sigh, some people will just keep underestimating the man, yet he show's more in 5 mins than what most players in our team show in 3 matches.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ivan itchybum » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:04 pm

Hes spent his whole life on the left, this isn't Football manager, he's not going to cut in every time he gets the ball and rattle one on far corner. That's not how it works. He's a left winger and that's where he should be played.
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby GSK_AFC » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:56 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

You said I was talking bollocks when I said he can't play upfront...
If we're judging players on 5 min cameos, Bendtner is the GOAT after the Cardiff game.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ivan itchybum » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:58 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

You said I was talking bollocks when I said he can't play upfront...
If we're judging players on 5 min cameos, Bendtner is the GOAT after the Cardiff game.

This. When Podolski gets a run of starts people will put the breaks on this.
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14