Aston Villa 1-2 Arsenal | Premier League 13/01/14

Re: Aston Villa 1-2 Arsenal | Premier League 13/01/14

Postby Angelito » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:34 am

^ Poldi will but Wenger treats him like the Arshavin of last season. It's like that Mata scenario at Chelsea. Podolski absolutely deserves to start ahead of Cazorla in Santi's present form.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:35 am

Sims wrote:Image

Unhappy Pod.

Don't blame him, he's comfortably better than Ox.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Diaby24AFC » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:56 am

Poldi has been out for a while. I'm hoping the reason is that Wenger is extremely cautious and easing him in slowly.

He's still a class player so no need to waste his talents on the bench.

However, he has too much faith in Ozil and Cathorla. Ozil did set up the first goal but he hasn't really been the player he was last year. Perhaps he needs the class players around him to step it up.
Diaby24AFC
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby VCC » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:59 am

didn't get to see this match it is on sky tomorrow here so glad we are top again
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby AG13 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:42 am

I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Cazorla get dropped for a few games, just to light a bit of a fire under him, like when Theo was dropped last year. Ox or Gnabry and Poldi on the wings for a couple games... I'd like to see that combination
P38 W26 D12 L0
AG13
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby mel4 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:10 am

Diaby24AFC wrote:Poldi has been out for a while. I'm hoping the reason is that Wenger is extremely cautious and easing him in slowly.

He's still a class player so no need to waste his talents on the bench.

However, he has too much faith in Ozil and Cathorla. Ozil did set up the first goal but he hasn't really been the player he was last year. Perhaps he needs the class players around him to step it up.

Lol. So was Ox, who just returned from his injury. For balance of play, Wenger is right in dropping Poldi. He can't dribble and he has the least penetrative pace to command a starting spot from the flanks. Until he improves, or until Wenger plays 2 upfront, Poldis spot is on the bench, and rightly so.

........ 1 - nil to The Arsenal
mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:48 am

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:

Unhappy Pod.

I think its disgraceful, I mean honestly maybe there's more to it but if its just a simple choice of picking a player, Podolski is a German international and one of the best finishers in the prem, we're going to end up losing him.

You can't come on and basically help us win the game against West Ham and then be sidelined for 3 weeks and not feel like the boss has got something against you.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Savas2001 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:20 am

How are we sure he's shaking his head at the decision not to put him on? This comes a bit of a surprise. Probably a misunderstanding as there was the injury just before that.

Also Ox needs game time. Pod's twitter "Good feeling to see Ox on the pitch again. I'm happy for you, bro! #comeback #theox #poldi #afc #aha"

I consider Podolski to be a straight up fella, so how can he be happy for him and annoyed at not being put on instead? I'm sure he knows Wenger has plans, at least I'm thinking he's got some sort of schedule so why would he leave during the summer, when we're doing so well, when he's getting results from his team.
Savas2001
Patrick Vieira

Postby Angelito » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:33 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
ThereIsBearCüm wrote:

Unhappy Pod.

I think its disgraceful, I mean honestly maybe there's more to it but if its just a simple choice of picking a player, Podolski is a German international and one of the best finishers in the prem, we're going to end up losing him.

You can't come on and basically help us win the game against West Ham and then be sidelined for 3 weeks and not feel like the boss has got something against you.

I used to think it was Poldi's fitness and his ankle, but now I think Wenger just doesn't like him. He's receiving the Arshavin/Gervinho treatment, which is a disgrace. He should be starting ahead of Cazorla. We made the game so damn difficult for us because we couldn't kill them off and that won't happen when we have 5 midfield players playing. People wonder why we're not thrashing teams. How the f**k can a team thrash others when we play with 5 midfield players and Giroud? It's not possible. Simplez.

I'm almost starting to believe that Wenger doesn't care about winning as long as we get top-4 and he will give his favorite players infinite chances as long as top-4 is secured.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby alexafc12 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:54 am

Was just about to post this... I never thought anything to Podolski not playing, but I was confused as to why Ox was being picked ahead of him after 5 months out and to defend a lead. Be a shame if Wenger is doing it on purpose because Poldi is one of the best personalities in the team.

How does Wenger expect him to lead the line if he never gives him any game time.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Angelito » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:00 am

alexafc12 wrote:Was just about to post this... I never thought anything to Podolski not playing, but I was confused as to why Ox was being picked ahead of him after 5 months out and to defend a lead. Be a shame if Wenger is doing it on purpose because Poldi is one of the best personalities in the team.

How does Wenger expect him to lead the line if he never gives him any game time.

Let's see how Wenger would answer to this:

You don't win matches by being a good personality, or creating a good atmosphere; you win it by passing the ball on the pitch. :sneaky2:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby alexafc12 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:05 am

Angelito wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:Was just about to post this... I never thought anything to Podolski not playing, but I was confused as to why Ox was being picked ahead of him after 5 months out and to defend a lead. Be a shame if Wenger is doing it on purpose because Poldi is one of the best personalities in the team.

Let's see how Wenger would answer to this:

You don't win matches by being a good personality, or creating a good atmosphere; you win it by passing the ball on the pitch. :sneaky2:

He probably would aswell. I hope I'm wrong and Wenger starts playing him next few matches, because when fit he's a really good player.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Shut up » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:07 am

Podolski played poor against Cardiff so that is probably why he was dropped.
Shut up
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Schlandi » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:18 am

mel4 wrote:For balance of play, Wenger is right in dropping Poldi. He can't dribble and he has the least penetrative pace to command a starting spot from the flanks. Until he improves, or until Wenger plays 2 upfront, Poldis spot is on the bench, and rightly so.

So we are out of balance if the left winger scores goals and makes assist ?
Santis output is shit, his convertion rate is below Giroud and he made several errors in the matches this season.
His link up play with Özil is awful unlike the one from Podolski and Özil (for Germany) but who cares cause WOW Santi can dribble, awesome let's give him a starter spot.

And btw Podolski is faster than nearly every player we had on the pitch yesterday so don't write such rubbish about "pace".
If Giroud runs and Podolski walks he is still faster and if such a skid like Giroud can lead our line and kill our counter attacking abilities cause he moves in slow motion there should be a place for Podolski.

Shut up wrote:Podolski played poor against Cardiff so that is probably why he was dropped.

Podolski wasn't fit according to Wenger so why on earth did our supermanager let him play and fail ?
And Santi wasn't good in the majority of games this season..

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Angelito » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:23 am

SchlandGooner wrote:
mel4 wrote:For balance of play, Wenger is right in dropping Poldi. He can't dribble and he has the least penetrative pace to command a starting spot from the flanks. Until he improves, or until Wenger plays 2 upfront, Poldis spot is on the bench, and rightly so.

So we are out of balance if the left winger scores goals and makes assist ?
Santis output is shit, his convertion rate is below Giroud and he made several errors in the matches this season.
His link up play with Özil is awful unlike the one from Podolski and Özil (for Germany) but who cares cause WOW Santi can dribble, awesome let's give him a starter spot.

And btw Podolski is faster than nearly every player we had on the pitch yesterday so don't write such rubbish about "pace".
If Giroud runs and Podolski walks he is still faster and if such a skid like Giroud can lead our line and kill our counter attacking abilities cause he moves in slow motion there should be a place for Podolski.

Shut up wrote:Podolski played poor against Cardiff so that is probably why he was dropped.

Podolski wasn't fit according to Wenger so why on earth did our supermanager let him play and fail ?
And Santi wasn't good in the majority of games this season..

Honestly, that's what most Gunners think.

And it's amazing, some players can have bad games after bad games and we'd find hoardes defending them (Ramsey last season and before; Giroud, and Cazorla's lack of form this season), but Podolski has one poor game after 4 months of injury and he becomes not good enough for ZE great ArZenal. You'd think Podolski played for Somalia or something.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14