Re: Aston Villa vs Arsenal | Premier League 13/01/14

Postby GSK_AFC » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:59 pm

No1Fan wrote:
Szczesny
Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Arteta Rosicky
Gnabry Özil Cazorla
Podolski

I wouldn't go with Poldi up front in this game. Villa are likely to sit deep and make the most of counters. Poldi doesn't have the movement upfront for these type of games.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:04 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:
No1Fan wrote:
Szczesny
Arteta Rosicky
Gnabry Özil Cazorla
Podolski

I wouldn't go with Poldi up front in this game. Villa are likely to sit deep and make the most of counters. Poldi doesn't have the movement upfront for these type of games.

Agreed GSK. Giroud will be fit for this game and i would go with him as he offers a lot more up front.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:09 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:
No1Fan wrote:
Szczesny
Arteta Rosicky
Gnabry Özil Cazorla
Podolski

girouds coming back from injury and prior to injury he was in very poor form. Podolski only struggles when we struggle to get the ball out of our defensive third (ie when arteta and flamini both play)

I dont think his movement will be a problem against villa he hasnt really ever played with good ball players so when he does move often he doesnt even receive the ball. Most of the ball giroud receives are long balls from our defenders and most of the time he does little with it. I think we should give podolski a consistent run of games with good creative players around him before we start writing him off as a forward. He played no worse against cardiff upfront than giroud did against newcastle and west ham.
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:34 pm

Any time to try the false 9 is now, Ozil ST rosicky gnabry and cazorla behind! All 4 will shoot (well 3 and tell Ozil to) so they can pass rape Villa and bang some in.

Otherwise has to be Giroud starting, Villa play counter as said above, Podolski useless in these situations.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby CM-Ramsey » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:01 am

walcott out for 6 months , play gnabry or caz on right
CM-Ramsey

Postby friedslice » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:58 am

No1Fan wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
No1Fan wrote:
Szczesny
Arteta Rosicky
Gnabry Özil Cazorla
Podolski

girouds coming back from injury and prior to injury he was in very poor form. Podolski only struggles when we struggle to get the ball out of our defensive third (ie when arteta and flamini both play)

I dont think his movement will be a problem against villa he hasnt really ever played with good ball players so when he does move often he doesnt even receive the ball. Most of the ball giroud receives are long balls from our defenders and most of the time he does little with it. I think we should give podolski a consistent run of games with good creative players around him before we start writing him off as a forward. He played no worse against cardiff upfront than giroud did against newcastle and west ham.

podolski isnt good enough to play on his own upfront. he drops deep all the time.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby mel4 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:15 am

friedslice wrote:
No1Fan wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
No1Fan wrote:
Szczesny
Arteta Rosicky
Gnabry Özil Cazorla
Podolski

podolski isnt good enough to play on his own upfront. he drops deep all the time.

Truth! Also, Flamini and Arteta were not playing together last season the few times Podolski was played as CF. Remember the one in which Gervino was asked to play CF after Poldi made himself look like his legs were cast in lead and rooted 1000 m into the soil? Gervinho looked like a world beater of sort just because Poldi cocked it up...

Poldi will never be an average lone CF. For him to become an okay CF, maybe a planet will disappear. And no, Wenger won't do 442 to accomodate Poldi.

........ 1 - nil to The Arsenal
mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby AAIRE99 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:47 am

Mesüt wrote:Any time to try the false 9 is now, Ozil ST rosicky gnabry and cazorla behind! All 4 will shoot (well 3 and tell Ozil to) so they can pass rape Villa and bang some in.

Otherwise has to be Giroud starting, Villa play counter as said above, Podolski useless in these situations.

im certainly not a fan of the West Ham false 9 ;)

but if your talking about the Spain false 9 I actually think Arsenal have the kind of squad and personnel to utilize such a formation well actually.. :o
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby FrustratedGooner » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:10 am

I think giroud will start to find some form for the next 10 games he has had a long rest even with injuries so he should be fresh
FrustratedGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Re: Ynt: Aston Villa vs Arsenal | Premier League 13/01/14

Postby Gunpowder » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:25 am

Mesüt wrote:Any time to try the false 9 is now, Ozil ST rosicky gnabry and cazorla behind! All 4 will shoot (well 3 and tell Ozil to) so they can pass rape Villa and bang some in.

Rosicky doesn't shoot either. F9 might work for us but we need Podolski or Walcott. 3 CAM and a winger wouldn't provide enough scoring imo.
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:33 am

Would be a mistake to pair Arteta and Flamini against Aston Villa. Barring the Napoli game the Flamteta combo has resulted in us loosing our dynamic edge.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:55 am

Can't believe how many people want a false 9. It only works with Barca because they have Messi.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yago » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:08 am

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:Can't believe how many people want a false 9. It only works with Barca because they have Messi.

It works with Spain too. Germany have also used this tactic, with Ozil as the false 9. It works if you have enough midfield players making runs.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14