Aston Villa 1-2 Arsenal | Premier League 13/01/14

Re: Aston Villa vs Arsenal | Premier League 13/01/14

Postby Schlandi » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:04 pm

Massa wrote:
Zëdië wrote:Theo is in the clear btw, but still injured. We should be able to do without him for this period anyway.

Should

If you look a the pure numbers we dropped more points with him in the squad this season.

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Massa » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:31 pm

We also played City & Chelsea lol
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby GSK_AFC » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:32 pm

Yeah it's not like it was his fault we dropped points in those games. He was our best player against City.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Trequartista » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:38 pm

I hope Theo is back sharpish, but "every disadvantage has its advantage" and I'd like to see Gnabry have a little run of games.
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Schlandi » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:42 pm

Didn't say anywhere that it was his fault that we lose these games..but we also beat Liverpool without him so we should be able to win against Villa, Fulham, Spurs and Sunderland without him.

btw:
You forgot to mention the 1:3 against Aston Villa and 1:1 against Everton where we dropped points with him on the pitch. ;)

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Massa » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:48 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:Didn't say anywhere that it was his fault that we lose these games..but we also beat Liverpool without him so we should be able to win against Villa, Fulham, Spurs and Sunderland without him.

btw:
You forgot to mention the 1:3 against Aston Villa and 1:1 against Everton where we dropped points with him on the pitch. ;)

He got the assist vs Everton lol

We should be able to win without him. But our main problem is goals and we are missing our most reliable goalscorer. It will be tough
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Schlandi » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:59 pm

Oh come on, we scored more than enough goals in the matches without him and he didn't score in every match he played !
Don't make him look bigger than the rest of the team he just scored in 3/13 matches for us in the PL.

#GoonersWorldExcuses
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby GSK_AFC » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:07 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:Oh come on, we scored more than enough goals in the matches without him and he didn't score in every match he played !
Don't make him look bigger than the rest of the team he just scored in 3/13 matches for us in the PL.

Theo is still our biggest goalscorer and most significant outlet.
We also relied heavily on Özil and Ramsey during the period he was out. Let's hope Rambo can get fit soon. It's also a good time for Podolski to step up.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Massa » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:07 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:Oh come on, we scored more than enough goals in the matches without him and he didn't score in every match he played !

5 goals 3 assists in 6 starts and 3 off the bench. Lad scores goals and that is our weakness.

I'm not making him bigger than anything. We should get maximum points but it'll be more difficult without Walcott as I think we'll stuggle to find the net.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Myrmedus » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:09 pm

Walcott adds a cutting edge that we otherwise often lack, all we can hope is that Podolski's return will make up for it.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Schlandi » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:16 pm

Massa wrote:

5 goals 3 assists in 6 starts and 3 off the bench. Lad scores goals and that is our weakness.

I'm not making him bigger than anything. We should get maximum points but it'll be more difficult without Walcott as I think we'll stuggle to find the net.

Whole season he started in 9 if you only want to count his apparences after his injury he started in 5 and came on in 4.
So he end up with scoring in 3/9 matches after his injury and 3/13 overall.

We have players with way better stats on the bench btw. so I don't see a problem here.

#GoonersWorldExcuses
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Massa » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:17 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:
Massa wrote:

Whole season he started in 9 if you only want to count his apparences after his injury he started in 5 and came on in 4.

We have players with way better stats on the bench btw. so I don't see a problem here.

He has scored 5 goals...
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Schlandi » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:28 pm

Massa wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
Massa wrote:

He has scored 5 goals...

He has scored 5 (2+2+1) goals in 3/13 apperences.

#GoonersWorldExcuses
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Schlandi » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:41 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:It's also a good time for Podolski to step up.

He won't get much time on the pitch I also assume more than ever that Wenger want to get rid of him.
Podolski is challenging according to Wenger with Cazorla, Gnabry and Ox for the LW spot.
After the return of Giroud he won't play as striker once again and I doubt that Giroud won't start against Villa.

Wenger gave him since his return lousy 90min in 2/5 matches.
Wenger prefered to bring on Flamini and Özil (after one week without football..) against Spurs.
Wenger said after the Cardiff match that Podolski misses sharpness (hardly suprising after 4month without football) so why on earth he didn't let him play at least 20min against Spurs. Wenger let Podolski unfit start and fail against a bus parking Cardiff and didn't give him the chance to damage Spurs with their awful high-line defending and that huge amount of space we had. Seriously this match was made in heaven for Podolski to get some confidence back.

#GoonersWorldExcuses
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby GSK_AFC » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:47 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:It's also a good time for Podolski to step up.

He won't get much time on the pitch I also assume more than ever that Wenger want to get rid of him.
Podolski is challenging according to Wenger with Cazorla, Gnabry and Ox for the LW spot.
After the return of Giroud he won't play as striker once again and I doubt that Giroud won't start against Villa.

Wenger gave him since his return lousy 90min in 2/5 matches.
Wenger prefered to bring on Flamini and Özil (after one week without football..) against Spurs.
Wenger said after the Cardiff match that Podolski misses sharpness (hardly suprising after 4month without football) so why on earth he didn't let him play at least 20min against Spurs. Wenger let Podolski unfit start and fail against a bus parking Cardiff and didn't give him the chance to damage Spurs with their awful high-line defending and that huge amount of space we had. Seriously this match was made in heaven for Podolski to get some confidence back.

Wenger likes to play with a goal-scoring outlet on one wing and an interior on the other so I'd say Theo is Poldis competition. He has to start now that Theo is injured because playing three CAMs behind Giroud without Ramsey in the team to bail us out would be a disaster.
We had no subs left when Theo got injured IIRC and Theo was doing well upfront tbf so it would have been weird to take him off.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14