Aston Villa 1-2 Arsenal | Premier League 13/01/14

Re: Aston Villa 1-2 Arsenal | Premier League 13/01/14

Postby Schlandi » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:52 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:Who's the well-known Poldi hater anyway? I don't think anybody hates Poldi, he's a fan favourite.

Can't remember to read anything positiv about Podolski among others from gooney, mel4, Duval and I'm quiet sure I missed at least 2-3 more.

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Pudpop » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:44 pm

Everybody is positive about Poldi as a LW as far as I've noticed. It's only when talking about him as a ST that people don't rate him.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Massa » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:53 pm

Angelito wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
Sims wrote:Image

Unhappy Pod.

Don't blame him, he's comfortably better than Ox.

I think its disgraceful, I mean honestly maybe there's more to it but if its just a simple choice of picking a player, Podolski is a German international and one of the best finishers in the prem, we're going to end up losing him.

You can't come on and basically help us win the game against West Ham and then be sidelined for 3 weeks and not feel like the boss has got something against you.

I used to think it was Poldi's fitness and his ankle, but now I think Wenger just doesn't like him. He's receiving the Arshavin/Gervinho treatment, which is a disgrace. He should be starting ahead of Cazorla. We made the game so damn difficult for us because we couldn't kill them off and that won't happen when we have 5 midfield players playing. People wonder why we're not thrashing teams. How the f**k can a team thrash others when we play with 5 midfield players and Giroud? It's not possible. Simplez.

I'm almost starting to believe that Wenger doesn't care about winning as long as we get top-4 and he will give his favorite players infinite chances as long as top-4 is secured.

Except Arshavin/Gerv were rightfully dropped
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:05 pm

wenger likes his players to have skill and flair, he likes them to hold the ball comfortably and he likes his attacking players to be attacking. Podolski is a sniper a good finisher but he isnt an arsenal type player so im not surprised he isnt getting games. Wenger has now given an inexperienced gnabry and an ox who is more match unfit the nod ahead of podolski.

People need to open their eyes and realise podolskis days are limited
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Angelito » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:07 pm

Massa wrote:
Angelito wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
Sims wrote:Image

Unhappy Pod.

Don't blame him, he's comfortably better than Ox.

I think its disgraceful, I mean honestly maybe there's more to it but if its just a simple choice of picking a player, Podolski is a German international and one of the best finishers in the prem, we're going to end up losing him.

You can't come on and basically help us win the game against West Ham and then be sidelined for 3 weeks and not feel like the boss has got something against you.

I used to think it was Poldi's fitness and his ankle, but now I think Wenger just doesn't like him. He's receiving the Arshavin/Gervinho treatment, which is a disgrace. He should be starting ahead of Cazorla. We made the game so damn difficult for us because we couldn't kill them off and that won't happen when we have 5 midfield players playing. People wonder why we're not thrashing teams. How the f**k can a team thrash others when we play with 5 midfield players and Giroud? It's not possible. Simplez.

I'm almost starting to believe that Wenger doesn't care about winning as long as we get top-4 and he will give his favorite players infinite chances as long as top-4 is secured.

Except Arshavin/Gerv were rightfully dropped

Yes, and that's what makes this even worse. Podolski isn't Gervinho.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Callum » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:10 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:He didn't return against West Ham ..
Walcott was a starter again in the same "time window" and played in every (apart from Napoli) match since his comeback end of November, Cazorla started the first match after beeing out for a month and Ox also started in his first match can't see how you can say Podolski gets the same treatment cause the facts clearly doesn't show that.

He did return against West Ham. Cazorla and Walcott are more important players in the side so are inevitably going to get more starts. Oxlade-Chamberlain didn't start, he came off of the bench. Podolski got his chance against Cardiff, was shit, so hasn't played in the two games since. He will get more chances and will play more in the coming weeks, but people are just reading into things and assuming Wenger hates him.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:32 pm

Im astonished at how indifferently Poldi has been treated.

He has massive pedigree and should be regular first team untill he shows a definate lack of form, which he has hardly had chance to do because hardly played.

You don't sign players like him and frankly, treat him like a c***
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Schlandi » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:32 pm

Callum wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:He didn't return against West Ham ..
Walcott was a starter again in the same "time window" and played in every (apart from Napoli) match since his comeback end of November, Cazorla started the first match after beeing out for a month and Ox also started in his first match can't see how you can say Podolski gets the same treatment cause the facts clearly doesn't show that.

He did return against West Ham. Cazorla and Walcott are more important players in the side so are inevitably going to get more starts. Oxlade-Chamberlain didn't start, he came off of the bench. Podolski got his chance against Cardiff, was shit, so hasn't played in the two games since. He will get more chances and will play more in the coming weeks, but people are just reading into things and assuming Wenger hates him.

Dude once again he didn't return against West Ham it was against Chelsea .. and he didn't play after West Ham despite making a goal and an assist just as a side note that's nearly the same output (in 25minutes) that Cazorla had managed in ALL his PL games so far so !
Cazorla is a waste of a player slot at the LW but yeah "he can dribble" .. his link up play with Özil is awful to watch there is absolutly no synergy between these two but yeah "he can dribble" ..

And maybe Podolski was 60min shit after 4-months of injury against Cardiff but the other CF aka Giroud was shit so many times this season he shouldn't even be on the bench till the end of the season if you use the same standards on him or Santi he was shit so often this season but "he can dribble" ..
And why should Podolski get more chances if more midfield players are becoming fit and also Bendter will return in around 2-3weeks that makes no sense.

+
Added the quote

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby gooney » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:52 pm

UFGN wrote:Im astonished at how indifferently Poldi has been treated.

He has massive pedigree and should be regular first team untill he shows a definate lack of form, which he has hardly had chance to do because hardly played.

You don't sign players like him and frankly, treat him like a ****

You dont become a starter on pedigree, you become on performance and he doesnt do much for the team. He is very limited player
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Sims » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:54 pm

Pod has been highly overrated since he's been out injured.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Schlandi » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:55 pm

We barely have players who aren't limited in their abilities .. but most of them are used correctly so you didn't notice it that much.

Sims wrote:Pod has been highly overrated since he's been out injured.

LOL

#GoonersWorldExcuses
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby gooney » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:57 pm

Yeah that happens when players are missing for few months
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:39 pm

gooney wrote:

Yeah that happens when players are missing for few months

I agree. And especially when they come back and have a good game or score.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Popey » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:48 pm

UFGN wrote:Im astonished at how indifferently Poldi has been treated.

You don't sign players like him and frankly, treat him like a ****

I agree with you. but poldi doesn't look like a player that will be angry beeing on the bench. I don't say he doesn't want to start but he's a teamplayer and respects the coach...not like others...

also he was out for a long time. doesn't make sense to rush him back IMO

I think he will start against fulham

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GSK_AFC » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:31 pm

Wouldn't have him in out starting 11 if we had a fully fit squad so we need him to be happy to sit on the bench from time to time. Definitely should be starting now that Theo is out though.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14