Aston Villa 1-2 Arsenal | Premier League 13/01/14

Re: Aston Villa 1-2 Arsenal | Premier League 13/01/14

Postby Git » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:24 am

I would be worried if Poldolski wasn't pissed off to not be subbed on. If you're happy to sit on the bench then you don't care about playing football. Podolski will get his chances to play. We have a massive fixture list.

Chill out.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Schlandi » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:34 am

Savas2001 wrote:Also Ox needs game time. Pod's twitter "Good feeling to see Ox on the pitch again. I'm happy for you, bro! #comeback #theox #poldi #afc #aha"

I consider Podolski to be a straight up fella, so how can he be happy for him and annoyed at not being put on instead? I'm sure he knows Wenger has plans, at least I'm thinking he's got some sort of schedule so why would he leave during the summer, when we're doing so well, when he's getting results from his team.

Ox and Poldi are mates there are so many pictures with these two guys having fun together and Ox didn't sub on himself so why should he be pissed about Ox ?

Why should he stay ?
Cause London is such a nice city with awesome weather and the Arsenal fans love his smiling and "aha" ?
Yeah, that's worth to sit on the Arsenal bench at the start of the last phase of your career and lose your World Cup spot for Germany ..
He wants to play and have fun cause of that he joined Cologne after Bayern again, he could have earned more than twice the wages he got at Cologne at another club and play in a european club competition. He is not the kind of player who like to sit with his ass on the bench and earn a shitload of money and praise himself cause "he has won" some f***ing titles according to the history books if he knows he didn't do anything to earn this title.

Hope he moves in the winter if he doesn't become a starter very soon.

+
Angelito wrote:Honestly, that's what most Gunners think.

And it's amazing, some players can have bad games after bad games and we'd find hoardes defending them (Ramsey last season and before; Giroud, and Cazorla's lack of form this season), but Podolski has one poor game after 4 months of injury and he becomes not good enough for ZE great ArZenal. You'd think Podolski played for Somalia or something.

Pretty much !

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Callum » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:56 am

You're all massively overreacting with Podolski. He's been back for four games, has played in two of them. He was shit against Cardiff so didn't start versus Spurs, both Cazorla and Gnabry were awesome in that game so got starts yesterday. Chamberlain got the nod yesterday because Wenger probably wanted to give him a quick run out at the end like Podolski got at West Ham.

We'll see much more of Podolski in the coming weeks and everyone saying he's getting the Arshavin treatment will retreat back into themselves and just find something else to moan about.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:59 am

Callum wrote:You're all massively overreacting with Podolski. He's been back for four games, has played in two of them. He was shit against Cardiff so didn't start versus Spurs, both Cazorla and Gnabry were awesome in that game so got starts yesterday. Chamberlain got the nod yesterday because Wenger probably wanted to give him a quick run out at the end like Podolski got at West Ham.

We'll see much more of Podolski in the coming weeks and everyone saying he's getting the Arshavin treatment will retreat back into themselves and just find something else to moan about.

Only I've been saying that. Not cool.

He IS getting that treatment. He has been since getting dropped last season.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zedie » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:07 am

Git wrote:I would be worried if Poldolski wasn't pissed off to not be subbed on. If you're happy to sit on the bench then you don't care about playing football. Podolski will get his chances to play. We have a massive fixture list.

Chill out.

Innit.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Schlandi » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:11 am

Callum wrote:You're all massively overreacting with Podolski. He's been back for four games, has played in two of them. He was shit against Cardiff so didn't start versus Spurs, both Cazorla and Gnabry were awesome in that game so got starts yesterday. Chamberlain got the nod yesterday because Wenger probably wanted to give him a quick run out at the end like Podolski got at West Ham.

Back for six games ! He has played since the 23.12.2013 awesome 90/540min in 2/6 matches so far..
Was at least good against West Ham and didn't play in the next match against Newcastle.
Was not fit according to the supermanager and started like ten other players who were also mostly poor against Cardiff and gets blamed like it was only his fault that we played like that..but its okay if you are poor you don't deserve to play in the next match also if you play good if your name is Podolski of course cause you can't dribble like some others (who can't score and assist but who cares)..

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Callum » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:14 am

Angelito wrote:Only I've been saying that. Not cool.

He isn't at all. Lets not forget quite how much Arshavin was being marginalized. Podolski will get plenty of game time in the weeks to come.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:22 pm

Callum wrote:
Angelito wrote:Only I've been saying that. Not cool.

He isn't at all. Lets not forget quite how much Arshavin was being marginalized. Podolski will get plenty of game time in the weeks to come.

You cannot compare a season of Arshavin getting chances to prove himself, then being frozen out when he was just too poor to even be given a chance, to a guy who has been on the bench for 4 out of 6 games since coming back from a 4 month injury imo.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:26 pm

Flapfest over Podolski in here, didn't even contemplate it when Ox got a run out, it made sense because he needs game time. Pod will start against Coventry I'm sure and I think he'll play at Fulham on the weekend. Gnabry had a poor game yesterday and either him or Cazorla should be dropped for Lukas. The guy was out for 4 months though, we didn't rush Theo back, we won't rush Pod or Ox either.

Edit - Definitely isn't like the cases of Arshavin, Chamakh & Park. These guys were proper frozen out.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:35 pm

Mesüt wrote:Flapfest over Podolski in here, didn't even contemplate it when Ox got a run out, it made sense because he needs game time. Pod will start against Coventry I'm sure and I think he'll play at Fulham on the weekend. Gnabry had a poor game yesterday and either him or Cazorla should be dropped for Lukas. The guy was out for 4 months though, we didn't rush Theo back, we won't rush Pod or Ox either.

Edit - Definitely isn't like the cases of Arshavin, Chamakh & Park. These guys were proper frozen out.

But after ages of playing time to prove themselves. Apart from Park who must be sooo poop.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:57 pm

Mesüt wrote:Flapfest over Podolski in here, didn't even contemplate it when Ox got a run out, it made sense because he needs game time. Pod will start against Coventry I'm sure and I think he'll play at Fulham on the weekend. Gnabry had a poor game yesterday and either him or Cazorla should be dropped for Lukas. The guy was out for 4 months though, we didn't rush Theo back, we won't rush Pod or Ox either.

This, 100%. I wouldn't have been surprised to have seen Podolski come on had we not had to bring Monreal off, but obviously given his injury we had to use Gibbs. Rosicky coming on made sense as he offered more defensively than Podolski, and Wenger clearly wanted to give Oxlade-Chamberlain ten minutes or so at the end of a game much like he did with Podolski when he returned versus West Ham.

People are reading far too much into this and are just looking for another stick to beat Wenger with.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Schlandi » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:20 pm

He didn't return against West Ham ..
Walcott was a starter again in the same "time window" and played in every (apart from Napoli) match since his comeback end of November, Cazorla started the first match after beeing out for a month and Ox also started in his first match can't see how you can say Podolski gets the same treatment cause the facts clearly doesn't show that.

#GoonersWorldExcuses
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby GSK_AFC » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:21 pm

Callum wrote:

This, 100%. I wouldn't have been surprised to have seen Podolski come on had we not had to bring Monreal off, but obviously given his injury we had to use Gibbs. Rosicky coming on made sense as he offered more defensively than Podolski, and Wenger clearly wanted to give Oxlade-Chamberlain ten minutes or so at the end of a game much like he did with Podolski when he returned versus West Ham.

People are reading far too much into this and are just looking for another stick to beat Wenger with.

Agreed. This is all coming from the hardcore Podolski fans anyway ;)
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Schlandi » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:26 pm

If you can't handle facts the good old "fanboy" argument come into play ?
On the other hand it's quiet funny that you don't mention the well-known Podolski hater in this discussion too, little bit biased ?

#GoonersWorldExcuses
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby GSK_AFC » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:30 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:If you can't handle facts the good old "fanboy" argument come into play ?
On the other hand it's quiet funny that you don't mention the well-known Podolski hater in this discussion too, little bit biased ?

It was only a joke mate but I do think this Poldi thing is a massive exaggeration. Wenger wouldn't have signed him if he didn't rate him. We'll see if your right in the upcoming months anyway where Poldi is our only secondary outlet now that Theo is out.
Who's the well-known Poldi hater anyway? I don't think anybody hates Poldi, he's a fan favourite.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14