Arsenal 2-0 Tottenham | The FA Cup 04/01/14

Re: Arsenal 2-0 Tottenham | FA Cup 04/01/14

Postby gooney » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:43 pm

Now that Walcott is out for a month. Was this win worth missing walcott for a month? I would say no and this is why I really didnt want to play them or any big club. We either have to realistic and focus on competition or we can end up going nowhere in any of them
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby GSK_AFC » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:45 pm

gooney wrote:Now that Walcott is out for a month. Was this win worth missing walcott for a month? I would say no and this is why I really didnt want to play them or any big club. We either have to realistic and focus on competition or we can end up going nowhere in any of them

No it was not worth it. I can see us dropping points if Walcott is out.
Same as playing the full team against Dortmund and losing to United or playing the first team against Napoli and losing to City.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Santi » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:22 pm

Easily worth it, we should be able to cope without Walcott for the games we have, he is not Arsenal FC??
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby lexalove » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:23 pm

Callum wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:But are we going to get passed Man City if we both advance which is likely?

In a one off winner takes all match against Bayern and City we're likely to come out worse but our strength this season has been consistency and that's why we're top of the league.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't try but that's the likely scenario.

Why do we have this inferiority complex? Should we not give it our all because we might lose to City in a later round?

As long as we're in it, we've got a good chance of winning it. The worst case scenario is we have to face City or Chelsea at some point and we are able to beat them. There's a fair chance that we might not have to face either of them.

It's hard not to have an inferiority complex! History shows that we don't do well against teams on the same level as us.

But I agree with you we should try our best to win every single game we play. Winning becomes a habit if you do it enough :sneaky:
Let's Make Arsenal Great Again!

#CrookedKroenkeOut - #LyingGazidisOut - #CrazyWengerOut
lexalove
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:03 pm

lexalove wrote:
Callum wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:But are we going to get passed Man City if we both advance which is likely?

In a one off winner takes all match against Bayern and City we're likely to come out worse but our strength this season has been consistency and that's why we're top of the league.

Why do we have this inferiority complex? Should we not give it our all because we might lose to City in a later round?

As long as we're in it, we've got a good chance of winning it. The worst case scenario is we have to face City or Chelsea at some point and we are able to beat them. There's a fair chance that we might not have to face either of them.

It's hard not to have an inferiority complex! History shows that we don't do well against teams on the same level as us.

But I agree with you we should try our best to win every single game we play. Winning becomes a habit if you do it enough :sneaky:

some people are inherently cowardly i guess,
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Callum » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:06 pm

No1Fan wrote:some people are inherently cowardly i guess,

You are such an awful troll.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:23 pm

Callum wrote:

Please give us a gif of what you think of when you see a ArsenalNo1Fan troll post! I could us a good laugh....

:popcorn:
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:26 pm

RowdyRoddyPoppins wrote:
Callum wrote:

Please give us a gif of what you think of when you see a ArsenalNo1Fan troll post! I could us a good laugh....

:popcorn:

:badcomp: :violent: :yum:
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Santi » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:57 am

Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:59 am

Callum wrote:

In an average season I wouldn't care but for me this season is about breaking the trophy drought once and for all and I'd rather us do what we're capable of doing to win rather than chase pipe dreams ........ just for this season.

I mean look at our squad ffs, we have no strikers, I don't think its sunk in yet to see how much trouble we are actually in.

Our only saving grace is that when Giroud returns maybe Gnarby is ready to stand in for Walcott, and Podolski is back, but as it stands our two most prolific goal scorers (Walcott & Ramsey) are both out.

We have to work within our limits unless Wenger buy's a striker, then we're back in business.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:05 am

Who cares? They can put as many shirts on our statues as long as they keep losing to us. We'd return the favour if they actually had any legends to make statues of.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:41 am

Mesüt wrote:https://twitter.com/FBAwayDays/status/419507813560242176/photo/1

YOU C*NTS

Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby friedslice » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:34 am

gooney wrote:Now that Walcott is out for a month. Was this win worth missing walcott for a month? I would say no and this is why I really didnt want to play them or any big club. We either have to realistic and focus on competition or we can end up going nowhere in any of them

for you perhaps, but for any proper Arsenal supporter beating the yids, knocking them out of the cup in the 3rd round, is enough to keep them smiling for a month.

everything you post has an underlying dig at the club or its performances. you're a joke.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Diaby24AFC » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:03 am

We did well at the beginning of the season with Walcott injured. We can do well without him especially since the schedule isn't terribly difficult.

Besides, we have Giroud, Bendtner, Podolski, Sanogo, and Park as options upfront
Diaby24AFC
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby AFC10 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:16 am

This was one of the best games I've been to at the Emirates in many seasons for me - It had everything.

Another solid display

Clean sheet.

Atmosphere was quality.

Theo rubbing it in and winding those donuts up in the corner.

Shame he's now out for up to a month but we've got enough options and there's not many things that are better than a NLD win (Forget what that fake gooner says).

I really hope the FA find the balls to punish that Bentaleg f***er! Trying to stamp on Monreal like that was disgusting I wish Flamini tore his head off tbh.
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14