Arsenal 2-0 Cardiff | Premier League 01/01/14

Re: Arsenal 2-0 Cardiff | Premier League 01/01/13

Postby Schlandi » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:47 pm

I read the argument quiet often that Podolski instead of Bendtner made only backward passes but according to the first picture I posted, Bendtner only passed once forward unlike Podolski. Also the heatmap is "similar" I guess cause our midfield didin't play into the advantage of our striker so they had to move like that. Podolski had one attempt on target which was blocked. Bendtner had three (blocked, missed, goal). Their "touch rate" is also "similar".
At the end some user here think that one player deservers a 2 and the other one gets a 9 ?! Seriously 7 points difference FOR WHAT ?

Cause of that I mention that they should rethink their ratings. That has nothing to do with this match but the non-sequitur difference between two players who nearly played similar and gets totally different ratings cause of one goal is retarded and biased imo !

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Angelito » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:50 pm

Podolski should get a free role on the left to do whatever the f**k he wishes.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby greengoonerie » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:04 pm

Angelito wrote:Podolski should get a free role on the left to do whatever the f**k he wishes.

This
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Lucky7 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:16 pm

Regarding the ratings, any time that a team struggles to score over 87 minutes and a player comes on as a sub and scores there's a hero factor, and there should be. As far as a strikers passing rates and whether they passed forwards or not....Those stats are for midfielders if anyone. If a striker passes forwards that only implies that they probably dropped deep to receive the ball.

Here's why Podolski has poor ratings: Arsenal had 28 shots against Cardiff. Podolski played CF for 64 minutes and had 1 shot. This is the least # of shots by any starting striker for Arsenal this season. It may be up there with the least shots of any starting striker for any team in any game this season, let alone in a game where we had 28 shots.
Lucky7
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Schlandi » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:25 pm

Lucky7 wrote:As far as a strikers passing rates and whether they passed forwards or not....Those stats are for midfielders if anyone. If a striker passes forwards that only implies that they probably dropped deep to receive the ball.

So what does it say about the midfield if a striker has to drop deep to get the ball ?
Why did the guys who have to support the striker get such a good rating while the striker who doesn't get support gets punished for trying to come into play ?

Lucky7 wrote:Here's why Podolski has poor ratings: Arsenal had 28 shots against Cardiff. Podolski played CF for 64 minutes and had 1 shot. This is the least # of shots by any starting striker for Arsenal this season. It may be up there with the least shots of any starting striker for any team in any game this season, let alone in a game where we had 28 shots.

Of course one shot is far away from good but on the other hand Podolski tried to come into play but I can't remember much situations were it was his fault that the ball from the midfield didn't reach him mostly the pass was poor and gets intercepted by the Cardiff defence.
If you check out the passing from f.e. Walcott he made 6/27 passes forward (till the 65min mark, according to the first quote he should get punished for that, right ?) unlike Rosicky who made 4/18 backward passes after he came on for Flamini.

We also had 13 shots on target till Podolski came off we also subbed off Flamini at the same time btw.
After the subs we had 15 shots on target and Bendtner had 15 touches overall which were mostly not the starting point of one of the goal attempts so maybe our midfield was just poor with Flamini and Arteta or Cardiff was tired but Bendtner wasn't the cause that we became much stronger cause he played nearly similar than Podolski so I can't understand why one player gets such a punishment here.

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Yago » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:28 pm

And why didn't he get the ball more often? Because his movement is terrible. Don't play him as a lone striker, it doesn't work.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:32 pm

podolski didnt get the ball because flamini and arteta were too busy passing the ball amongst themselves.

Ive noticed that flamini will opt to go for the easiest option 100% of the time, he really is terrible for our play, his touch is poor in advanced positions and h doesnt even do that much defensively.
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Schlandi » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:34 pm

Yago wrote:And why didn't he get the ball more often? Because his movement is terrible. Don't play him as a lone striker, it doesn't work.

Bendtner nearly had the same movement and their touch rate is nearly similar so both have a terrible movement or our midfield was shit ?
Bendtner got the ball every 100sec. and Podolski every 108sec.
And according to the majority of the forum the only thing Giroud is good at is his movement and he got the ball every 102sec against Newcastle and every 104sec against West Ham. So I dunno what you want to show with your one liner but it makes no sense.

#GoonersWorldExcuses
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby mel4 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:41 pm

Does it not say something about Podolski? When Giroud plays with Arteta and Flamini, he still gets the ball. You probably will attribute that to Ozil, just anything to excuse Poldi as a terrible lone CF.

........ 1 - nil to The Arsenal
mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Lucky7 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:42 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:
Yago wrote:And why didn't he get the ball more often? Because his movement is terrible. Don't play him as a lone striker, it doesn't work.

Bendtner nearly had the same movement and their touch rate is nearly similar so both have a terrible movement or our midfield was shit ?
Bendtner got the ball every 100sec. and Podolski every 108sec.
And according to the majority of the forum the only thing Giroud is good at is his movement and he got the ball every 102sec against Newcastle and every 104sec against West Ham. So I dunno what you want to show with your one liner but it makes no sense.

I'll say this. None of them is performing well enough right now. Podolski got rated right around where Giroud gets rated when we struggle to score. Bedntner scored a game winning goal. That's about all the difference there is. If Bendtner played the game that Podolski played he would get just as poor of ratings.
Lucky7
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Schlandi » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:53 pm

mel4 wrote:Does it not say something about Podolski? When Giroud plays with Arteta and Flamini, he still gets the ball. You probably will attribute that to Ozil, just anything to excuse Poldi as a terrible lone CF.

Did you read my posts ?
There is no big difference in "touch rates" between Giroud and Podolski and Bendtner it's simple math check it out if you don't believe my numbers.

And maybe you are just to biased or didn't get it I just wanted to figure out why two players with nearly the same performance (I don't want to list it all once again but I posted the heatmaps, passes, touches etc. to compare) have a gap of 7points between them according to some users here.

Lucky7 wrote:I'll say this. None of them is performing well enough right now. Podolski got rated right around where Giroud gets rated when we struggle to score. Bedntner scored a game winning goal. That's about all the difference there is. If Bendtner played the game that Podolski played he would get just as poor of ratings.

Seems to be the best answer to my question but I still think that's an awful punishment for a player.

#GoonersWorldExcuses
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby mel4 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:03 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:
mel4 wrote:Does it not say something about Podolski? When Giroud plays with Arteta and Flamini, he still gets the ball. You probably will attribute that to Ozil, just anything to excuse Poldi as a terrible lone CF.

Did you read my posts ?
There is no big difference in "touch rates" between Giroud and Podolski and Bendtner it's simple math check it out if you don't believe my numbers.

And maybe you are just to biased or didn't get it I just wanted to figure out why two players with nearly the same performance (I don't want to list it all once again but I posted the heatmaps, passes, touches etc. to compare) have a gap of 7points between them according to some users here.

Lucky7 wrote:I'll say this. None of them is performing well enough right now. Podolski got rated right around where Giroud gets rated when we struggle to score. Bedntner scored a game winning goal. That's about all the difference there is. If Bendtner played the game that Podolski played he would get just as poor of ratings.

Seems to be the best answer to my question but I still think that's an awful punishment for a player.

Your stats mean nothing to me. The ball boy on that day may touch the ball as about the same as Sczeczny, does that make the ball boy same level as our goal keeper? All i care about is that Giroud is more involved in our play as a lone CF, has gotten the ball more, has won more aerial battles, flicked or passed the ball more, held up play more for someone to get into scoring position etc. Imo, Podolski having good stats is as redundant as a ball boy catching the ball many times.

mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby mel4 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:09 pm

And dont get me wrong, I like Giroud but I will be the first to admit tht he has been abysmal. Podolski as a lone CF on the other hand, might just be worse than playing Chuba Akpom in a Champion's league final. Try to get that picture.

.....but as a LWF, podolski deserves to fight for his position.

mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:19 pm

but does he keep the ball or do anything with it mostly no he loses the ball most out of anyone in our team including bedntner
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby mel4 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:10 pm

No1Fan wrote:

but does he keep the ball or do anything with it mostly no he loses the ball most out of anyone in our team including bedntner

As far as he
flicks on headers from Sczez goalkicks for Theo, Poldi, or any LWF or CAMs to attack our opponents
Holds up play nd torments other CBs physically
Holds up play for the likes of Poldi to score
Does the occasionl one touch flicks that creates beutiful scoring chances like Wilsheres
Provides beautiful assists in Ramseys top goal scoring form
He comes back into his pre season and early season scoring form

.... I will prefer him over Podolski as a CF anyday. Can we do better than him? Definitely. But Podolski should not be mentioned in the same breath as Giroud in the CF department.

All attack minded players will lose balls. I am okay with Giroud losing some balls (keyword: some) as far as they do not put us under goal conceding threats. I dont care if Podolski loses balls too as far as we don't concede. I only worry when Theo losese a ball and we concede like against West Ham, Ozil makes a terrible pass against City, Wilshere falls over stupidly against City, Gnabry makes that wrong pass etc.... Thats the type I am worried about. Even Messi and the attacking greats in Barca still lose balls.

mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14