Newcastle 0-1 Arsenal | Premier League 29/12/13

Re: Newcastle 0-1 Arsenal | Premier League 29/12/13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:36 pm

Wenger Me Softly wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Just imagine if we conceded after making those subs, there would have been no way back for us. A risk that was not at all necessary. We were perfectly capable of holding on and even scoring with bit more pragmatism and reorganization instead of trying to hold on to our asses with eleven players behind the ball as though we were up against Bayern/Barca. Any neutral watching would say we totally lost our shape defensively despite playing with 5 at back. Sometimes proper organization matters more than playing 5 at the back..


If my Aunt had balls...

We won, and we won the Manure way against a team that had only lost once at home all season.

If don't mean shit. We got the 3 points, its games like today that will win us titles. Not winning 5-0 at a canter while playing sublime ball busting, cock jizzing football against Prem League whipping boys.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk


Just cos we got the right result does not mean we went the right way about doing so. Yes a win is a win but we need to learn from our wins/losses in-order to not repeat the tactical mistakes. Just cos we won does not mean we should repeat the trick of sticking 5 across the back and hope for the best. Today we barely managed to hang on another day it might land our a*s in the soup. Nobody is underplaying the importance of result but what several people including me are talking about is the fact that we made a hard weather of it against Newcastle by unnecessarily trying to sit back and defend deep in our own half. I am of the kind who wants to go through/analyze both when we loose/win cos there is always a lesson to learn from both.
User avatar
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 24373
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:52 pm

Re: Newcastle 0-1 Arsenal | Premier League 29/12/13

Postby kazgooner » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:39 pm

Massa wrote:
kazgooner wrote:I couldn't watch the game but I'm very happy that we got the win. Who was our best player and how well did Giroud? I see that he finally scored.

Scored but missed a sitter minutes later. Was doing his usually in terms of breaking attacks.

Thanks. What about Cazorla and Walcott? Were they dangerous going forward?
User avatar
kazgooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:39 pm

Re: Newcastle 0-1 Arsenal | Premier League 29/12/13

Postby Massa » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:40 pm

kazgooner wrote:
Massa wrote:
kazgooner wrote:I couldn't watch the game but I'm very happy that we got the win. Who was our best player and how well did Giroud? I see that he finally scored.

Scored but missed a sitter minutes later. Was doing his usually in terms of breaking attacks.

Thanks. What about Cazorla and Walcott? Were they dangerous going forward?

Both did little. Theo got the assist for Giroud's goal with a FK
Image
User avatar
Massa
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 36376
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:28 pm

Re: Newcastle 0-1 Arsenal | Premier League 29/12/13

Postby Callum » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:41 pm

Our entire attack was pretty inept today.
User avatar
Callum
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 34473
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 6:58 pm
Location: Kieran Tierney's back pocket

Re: Newcastle 0-1 Arsenal | Premier League 29/12/13

Postby billie86 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:02 pm

Just reading over the thread and all the negativity is ridiculous, I thought I was bad but Jesus we win away against a good newcastle side and still people moan. We won, we are top of the league, we kept a clean sheet, what has Wenger done wrong exactly? Im not his biggest fan but there is no reason to criticise him as things stand, we are top of the league ahead of 2 teams with better squads imo (chelsea and man city), not to mention we have had walcott and podolski injured for a large part of the season. As for the arguement about wether Walcott should or shouldn't have been subbed its pointless, we hung on on won, wether anyone agrees with the tactics or not the end result is what counts. I get what people are saying with Walcotts pace being an outlet but maybe Wenger was more concerned about newcastles set pieces and corners and tried to nulify that threat by bringing on some players who could help out better in those situations, regardless of ifs and buts Newcastle didn't even look like scoring in those last ten minutes so Wenger must have done something right.
User avatar
billie86
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1869
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:11 pm

Re: Newcastle 0-1 Arsenal | Premier League 29/12/13

Postby Zedie » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:29 pm

billie86 wrote:Just reading over the thread and all the negativity is ridiculous, I thought I was bad but Jesus we win away against a good newcastle side and still people moan. We won, we are top of the league, we kept a clean sheet, what has Wenger done wrong exactly? Im not his biggest fan but there is no reason to criticise him as things stand, we are top of the league ahead of 2 teams with better squads imo (chelsea and man city), not to mention we have had walcott and podolski injured for a large part of the season. As for the arguement about wether Walcott should or shouldn't have been subbed its pointless, we hung on on won, wether anyone agrees with the tactics or not the end result is what counts. I get what people are saying with Walcotts pace being an outlet but maybe Wenger was more concerned about newcastles set pieces and corners and tried to nulify that threat by bringing on some players who could help out better in those situations, regardless of ifs and buts Newcastle didn't even look like scoring in those last ten minutes so Wenger must have done something right.



This.

Newcastle's biggest joy was down the flanks. Heading into the last 10 minutes 1-0 up was only ever going to be crosses and long balls in for knock downs and I personally think Jenkinson was a good option to take, given he is 6ft plus, a natural defender of flanks and can is big enough to deal with some of the larger guys they had on the park:

Sissoko
Ameobi
Remey
Coloccini
f***ing Krul
Williamson

vs

Santi
Rosicky
Arteta
Flamini

then our tall players

etc.

Of course I see the validity of keeping Walcott on and playing on the break, but why hope that he can get on the end of one of the long balls when we were already 1-0 up, when solidifying the midfield/defence was the more calculated risk to take out of the two options?

We've all sat here before and watched a 1 goal lead be swiped away late on because of over committing in the final third at the end of the game, I think todays tactical subs and formation change countered that. Same with Chelsea, how many times have they done us because we were over committing? Not this time Mourinho you massive c***.

Spose its personal preference, but hey, its a decision that AW got right purely because it achieved the goal he intended and what we ultimately needed.

TOP OF THE LEAGUE
Image
User avatar
Zedie
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 33184
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:09 pm
Location: in the man cave

Re: Newcastle 0-1 Arsenal | Premier League 29/12/13

Postby Zedie » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:37 pm

oh yeah, did anyone catch why Gibbs came off?
Image
User avatar
Zedie
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 33184
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:09 pm
Location: in the man cave

Re: Newcastle vs Arsenal | Premier League 29/12/13

Postby Mike Dean » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:22 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:Image

:rofll: maybe already the gif of the season


Jenkinson is such a dummy.

Everytime I see that mug on TV, the first word that comes to my head is "Duh".
User avatar
Mike Dean
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5738
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: Newcastle vs Arsenal | Premier League 29/12/13

Postby kazgooner » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:50 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:Image

:rofll: maybe already the gif of the season

What the hell is Jenkinson thinking? Holy crap.. :rofll:

He's like: "Well, it's Bendtner, so he won't score. Let's just chill"
User avatar
kazgooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:39 pm

Re: Newcastle vs Arsenal | Premier League 29/12/13

Postby Kyle? » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:51 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:Image

:rofll: maybe already the gif of the season


Bendtner's reaction is priceless :lol:

I think it echoes what everyone else was thinking.
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession



Arsenal In, Arsene Out
User avatar
Kyle?
Banned
 
Posts: 8912
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Newcastle vs Arsenal | Premier League 29/12/13

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:03 pm

kazgooner wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:Image

:rofll: maybe already the gif of the season

What the hell is Jenkinson thinking? Holy crap.. :rofll:

He's like: "Well, it's Bendtner, so he won't score. Let's just chill"


He failed to deliver the ball to St. Nicklas of Bendtner. Such a failure was punished with costing Arsenal the goal that St. Nicklas would have delivered.
User avatar
Royal Gooner
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8847
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: Newcastle 0-1 Arsenal | Premier League 29/12/13

Postby Leody » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:38 pm

Had to watch late... 3pts. That's all that matters. Wasn't the greatest match I've ever seen, but the points are in the bag.

How in the world did Tiote not get a yellow? The officiating in our last few matches has been very poor and this was another example of that.
This space used to be more fun...
User avatar
Leody
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 13300
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:31 pm
Location: Across the pond

Re: Newcastle 0-1 Arsenal | Premier League 29/12/13

Postby Leody » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:29 am

Jay22 wrote:No doubt in my mind that we would have lost this game 2 years ago.


Maybe not have lost, but certainly wouldn't have won it. We have had a way of losing 1 goal leads in recent years... that seems to have changed this season.
This space used to be more fun...
User avatar
Leody
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 13300
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:31 pm
Location: Across the pond

Re: Newcastle vs Arsenal | Premier League 29/12/13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:35 am

Hans Gruber wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:Image

:rofll: maybe already the gif of the season


Bendtner's reaction is priceless :lol:

I think it echoes what everyone else was thinking.


Its almost worth he stayed on here just for this moment, even if he leaves in Jan he's left us this gift to treasure forever.

Its like something out of Laurel & Hardy.

OMG I was enthralled by laughing at Bendtner's reaction I missed that little gem down on the other side of the pitch :lol: who was that stomping around?
Last edited by DiamondGooner on Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 19445
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: Newcastle 0-1 Arsenal | Premier League 29/12/13

Postby Est83 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:38 am

Leödy wrote:How in the world did Tiote not get a yellow?


Truly baffling!
Image


MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010
 
Posts: 16021
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:18 am
Location: On the bog!

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 13/14

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest