Newcastle 0-1 Arsenal | Premier League 29/12/13

Re: Newcastle vs Arsenal | Premier League 29/12/13

Postby Santi » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:18 pm

Can't believe how many want to start Podolski after 3/4 months out, ridiculous and don't think Wenger will do it as he didn't rush Theo back. Yes Podolski played well the other day but we did win a lot of games without him yknow, he's not the saving grace of Arsenal.

Cazorla left, Ozil centre and Theo right. Team picks itself will probably be the same as yesterday but MAYBE.. JUST MAYBE Bendtner will start!
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:55 pm

Giroud is clearly a far superior player to Chamakh - I know it's popular to shit on the guy at the moment, but it's ridiculous to lump the two of them together. Giroud scores more, is better in the air, can actually hold up the ball, has a decent touch, gets a good amount of assists and is an hugely more intelligent footballer, especially in terms of his movement.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:46 pm

Their both crap so who cares about comparing them.

Getting pretty sick of the whole Giroud debate tbh, we're arguing because everybody in the equation is not good enough, now we're mentioning Chamakh??

What is this West Brom?

In one weeks time I'm hoping this endless debate will be just a bad phase when we sign a new striker.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:23 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Their both crap so who cares about comparing them.

Getting pretty sick of the whole Giroud debate tbh, we're arguing because everybody in the equation is not good enough, now we're mentioning Chamakh??

What is this West Brom?

In one weeks time I'm hoping this endless debate will be just a bad phase when we sign a new striker.

Don't hold your breath!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:00 pm

Callum wrote:Giroud is clearly a far superior player to Chamakh - I know it's popular to shit on the guy at the moment, but it's ridiculous to lump the two of them together. Giroud scores more, is better in the air, can actually hold up the ball, has a decent touch, gets a good amount of assists and is an hugely more intelligent footballer, especially in terms of his movement.

he's yet to prove the part in bold. He rarely scores headers or gets on the end of crosses his hold up play usually consists in him losing the ball more times than anyone on our team despite him never dribbling so again if it is marginally better than chamakhs its still well below the standard that we should expect.

Chamakh has a good touch to be fair too.

The rest is ok but as someone said being better than chamakh isnt an acheivement.Could you say giroud is better than welbeck for example who's 3/4choice at united?

Is he better than ade?

what about jovetic?

Barring chelsea who are also considered to be in a striking crisis i would say giroud would be at most 3rd choice in the other top teams in this league and if the team has more than 2 recognised strikers the worst out of all of them. That means that he shouldnt be anywhere near this squad even as a backup. He just isnt good enough. This is not poor form this is what he normally is like and was like the majority of last year.

He had a purple patch earlier on this season and i appreciate it i really do but that doesnt subtract from the fact that giroud is a mediocre midtable striker at best. Its nothing personal its just true
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby AAIRE99 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:20 pm

No1Fan wrote:
Callum wrote:Giroud is clearly a far superior player to Chamakh - I know it's popular to shit on the guy at the moment, but it's ridiculous to lump the two of them together. Giroud scores more, is better in the air, can actually hold up the ball, has a decent touch, gets a good amount of assists and is an hugely more intelligent footballer, especially in terms of his movement.

he's yet to prove the part in bold. He rarely scores headers or gets on the end of crosses his hold up play usually consists in him losing the ball more times than anyone on our team despite him never dribbling so again if it is marginally better than chamakhs its still well below the standard that we should expect.

Chamakh has a good touch to be fair too.

The rest is ok but as someone said being better than chamakh isnt an acheivement.Could you say giroud is better than welbeck for example who's 3/4choice at united?

Is he better than ade?

Thats the whole point he wouldnt get on the bench at any other top club. whats he doing playing for a supposed top club.
hed probably be alright for west ham. might suprise a few.

what about jovetic?

Barring chelsea who are also considered to be in a striking crisis i would say giroud would be at most 3rd choice in the other top teams in this league and if the team has more than 2 recognised strikers the worst out of all of them. That means that he shouldnt be anywhere near this squad even as a backup. He just isnt good enough. This is not poor form this is what he normally is like and was like the majority of last year.

He had a purple patch earlier on this season and i appreciate it i really do but that doesnt subtract from the fact that giroud is a mediocre midtable striker at best. Its nothing personal its just true

so very very true.
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gooney » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:44 pm

He's better than Chamakh at certain things and Chamakh is better at others. Overall its very close. End of the day Chamakh would have matched his numbers this season for us or his 11 league goals last season if he got as many minutes. There is only one thing I like about Giroud. And thats his defensive headers when we defend set pieces, rest of the time he's garbage
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zedie » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:19 am

Hasnt giroud scored more than all of chelseas strikers?
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:28 am

Zëdië wrote:Hasnt giroud scored more than all of chelseas strikers?

Yes in the league, not overall. And thats nothing to brag about. Mourinho said he is tired of his strikers after the last game and will buy a striker. why do we always compare our players to the worst to make them look good? He is garbage
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby AAIRE99 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:54 am

gooney wrote:

Yes in the league, not overall. And thats nothing to brag about. Mourinho said he is tired of his strikers after the last game and will buy a striker. why do we always compare our players to the worst to make them look good? He is garbage

There also rotated regularly, I think any of the three at Arsenal would be scoring bucketloads too. 2 completely different teams.
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zedie » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:54 am

gooney wrote:

No1fan brought up chelsea and their strikers and you seem to be agreeing?

You probably hate him so much because his goals won all those matches in the first months of the season when you were busy fretting over fener, or how hard we were going to get battered by the scum or liverpool or fulham or swansea.

Giroud is in a rut atm, but you and all the other members of the mob didn’t really seem to be going off the deep end when he was banging them in.

You weren't hanging off aguero's nuts when he managed to muster 12 (?) Goals last season in the PL playing for city.

No one was really talking about suarez positively in his first season when he was the woodwork king or his second season when he missed a massive chunk through supension.

Giroud goes on a barren run and all of a sudden, its debatable if hes as good as chamakh? Please.

Us and west ham are the only clubs in the league with 1 genuine striker. Bendtner has taken until now to look even half fit enough to represent.

EVERYONE knows we need a new striker but it seems that who we do have right now is being driven into the ground (mainly on here I admit) because he is carrying the load 90 minutes after 90 minutes for the whole of the first half of the season.

Its like giroud is the first striker to ever go through a goalless streak on here, its almost unimaginable that that could happen to a player in some of you lots minds.

it happens to far better strikers. Its happened to strikers some people are calling out for right now.

its like you are actively choosing to forget that his match winners at the start of the season haven't contributed to us being number 1 in the country right at this moment.

hate on.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:10 am

The man doesn't look sharp.

The run to the near post for the goal against the Scum seemed to come out of nowhere, he was up for it! He still makes the right runs, he's just a yard off the pace, and now that showing some half decent form (or at least some intention), maybe he should be considered for a start... the fookin Danish t**t!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby gooney » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:11 am

billo2007 wrote:
gooney wrote:

There also rotated regularly, I think any of the three at Arsenal would be scoring bucketloads too. 2 completely different teams.

I dont, they are not that good. Torres and Eto were world class at one time, they are past it. Ba is Giroud level
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Est83 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:17 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:................Bendtner..............

Podolski..Cazorla..Walcott

.........Flamini...Wilshere....

Gibbs..Verms...Merts..Sagna

...............Szczesny..................

Giroud must be rested for this one to recharger his batteries. With Podolski and Walcott on the flanks we can afford to play Bendtner through the middle. As i have said we need to keep our entire squad sharp and Bendtner could do with a game especially with Giroud having been playing without a break.

Ozil desperately needs a rest. he is our star player we need to him fit n fresh.

I would pick Flamini ahead of Arteta.

Wilshere will get to play in his natural position.

Podolski after that cameo against West Ham should start on the left.

This.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby AFC10 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:30 am

Mesüt wrote:Can't believe how many want to start Podolski after 3/4 months out

In fairness he looked like he was never away against West ham. I don't think he can do any worse than Giroud in our last game but the guy needs a rest badly. I reckon we could have Poldi upfront for 60-70 minutes then make a change.
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14