West Ham 1-3 Arsenal | Premier League 26/12/13

Re: West Ham vs Arsenal | Premier League 26/12/13

Postby AFC10 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:36 am

We'll be back to winning ways again I'm confident in that and HOPEFULLY we'll be top of the league if City carry on their form at home. Ramsey is in need of a rest for sure and so's Ozil and Giroud.

Schez

Sagna Mert Kos Gibbs

Flamini Arteta

Walcott Cazorla Rosicky

Podolski
User avatar
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6558
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:47 am
Location: The cobbles!

Re: West Ham vs Arsenal | Premier League 26/12/13

Postby Kyle? » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:42 am

AFC10 wrote:We'll be back to winning ways again I'm confident in that and HOPEFULLY we'll be top of the league if City carry on their form at home. Ramsey is in need of a rest for sure and so's Ozil and Giroud.

Schez

Sagna Mert Kos Gibbs

Flamini Arteta

Walcott Cazorla Rosicky

Podolski


They had 9 days rest, they shouldn't be dead after 1 game.
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession



Arsenal In, Arsene Out
User avatar
Kyle?
Banned
 
Posts: 8912
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: West Ham vs Arsenal | Premier League 26/12/13

Postby Santi » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:48 am

We should have the squad to be able to rest Ramsey and Ozil for 2 consecutive games, but we don't. Ozil was known for being subbed around 70 mins every week at Madrid, no surprise he'd be knackered. Ramsey looks dead on his feet as does Giroud, maybe they're just all shit eh?
Image
#YoPierre
User avatar
Santi
Member of the Year 2017
Member of the Year 2017
 
Posts: 34496
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: West Ham vs Arsenal | Premier League 26/12/13

Postby Massa » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:48 am

Szczesny
Sagna Mertesacker Vermaelen Gibbs
Flamini Ramsey
Walcott Ozil Cazorla
Podolski
Image
User avatar
Massa
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 36391
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:28 pm

Re: West Ham vs Arsenal | Premier League 26/12/13

Postby Yago » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:50 am

Yeah, the above, but with Gnabry instead of Walcott and no Bendtner on the bench.
Yago
WC Prediction League winner
WC Prediction League winner
 
Posts: 6930
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:47 pm

Re: West Ham vs Arsenal | Premier League 26/12/13

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:01 am

Another 0 - 0 draw!!
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7188
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:44 am
Location: Moe's Tavern

Re: West Ham vs Arsenal | Premier League 26/12/13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:47 am

Hans Gruber wrote:
AFC10 wrote:We'll be back to winning ways again I'm confident in that and HOPEFULLY we'll be top of the league if City carry on their form at home. Ramsey is in need of a rest for sure and so's Ozil and Giroud.

Schez

Sagna Mert Kos Gibbs

Flamini Arteta

Walcott Cazorla Rosicky

Podolski


They had 9 days rest, they shouldn't be dead after 1 game.


Yeah, if they can't back it up after that they don't deserve to call themselves professional athletes. Although it certainly would be easier for them if Wenger had bothered to use his bench,
Our specialist in failure can f**k off
If you support this fraud and still think you're an Arsenal fan, you're wrong
User avatar
ThereIsBearCüm
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 15430
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:17 pm
Location: Straya

Re: West Ham vs Arsenal | Premier League 26/12/13

Postby Angelito » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:55 am

The only thing missing from the game was a 1-0 loss for us, in all honesty. That point is a point gained if we beat West Ham and Newcastle. Liverpool will drop points against City--hopefully it's a draw so both drop points, while Liverpool/Chelsea will be extremely close.

We just have to continue beating the "lesser" teams. The dangerous games for us from now until the end of the seasons are Liverpool at Anfield, Spurs at the Lane, Chelsea at the Bridge, and Everton at Goodison.

As I stated at the start of the season, beat all the teams outside of the top-4 and even if we lose to the ones in the top-4, we will win the League.
Image
User avatar
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 26880
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: The Overlook Hotel

Re: West Ham vs Arsenal | Premier League 26/12/13

Postby kazgooner » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:23 pm

I believe Ozil will be rested in this game. The boss said before the Chelsea game that he was going to rest Ozil soon, just not against Chelsea. I believe this is the right time. Newcastle will be tough on Sunday so he needs a rest.
User avatar
kazgooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:39 pm

Re: West Ham vs Arsenal | Premier League 26/12/13

Postby Pudpop » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:26 pm

Angelito wrote:The only thing missing from the game was a 1-0 loss for us, in all honesty. That point is a point gained if we beat West Ham and Newcastle. Liverpool will drop points against City--hopefully it's a draw so both drop points, while Liverpool/Chelsea will be extremely close.

We just have to continue beating the "lesser" teams. The dangerous games for us from now until the end of the seasons are Liverpool at Anfield, Spurs at the Lane, Chelsea at the Bridge, and Everton at Goodison.

As I stated at the start of the season, beat all the teams outside of the top-4 and even if we lose to the ones in the top-4, we will win the League.


Imagine Pool draw with both of them and we win both our games :cloud9:
Image
'The Turkish Diddler' ~ O(z)il on Canvas, © 2017
User avatar
Pudpop
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 12683
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:34 pm
Location: The Windy Cape

Re: West Ham vs Arsenal | Premier League 26/12/13

Postby Callum » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:43 pm

I think this is the perfect opportunity to give Cazorla a chance in the middle. It's easy to forget with Ozil coming in this year, but last season Santi was phenomenal and he could do with a game or two playing through the middle to really get back into the swing of things.
User avatar
Callum
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 34545
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 6:58 pm
Location: Kieran Tierney's back pocket

Re: West Ham vs Arsenal | Premier League 26/12/13

Postby Zenith » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:40 am

Callum wrote:I think this is the perfect opportunity to give Cazorla a chance in the middle. It's easy to forget with Ozil coming in this year, but last season Santi was phenomenal and he could do with a game or two playing through the middle to really get back into the swing of things.


Yeah give Özil a rest and make sure he's fully fit for the game against Newcastle [a]. I don't think we should play him for 90 minutes within a space of 7-8 days, especially considering we can afford to rotate. Would do the same with Giroud but he could still come on as a substitute in case Bendtner's not looking like he's going to deliver. If we're in a strong position around the 60th minute I would also give Gnabry half an hour of game time and give Theo a breather. The same with Ramsey/Arteta.

Szczęsny
Sagna Mertesacker Vermaelen Monreal
Flamini . Ramsey
Walcott . . . Cazorla . . . Podolski
Bendtner


Subs: Vivianski, Jenkinson, Gibbs, Arteta, Rosicky, Gnabry, Giroud

Assuming Koscielny isn't fully fit yet*

Wenger only tends to rotate when he's forced to by injury so i'm not expecting this line-up.
Image
User avatar
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 31997
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:48 pm
Location: Gallia Belgica, 5 hours away from The Grove

Re: West Ham vs Arsenal | Premier League 26/12/13

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:36 am

This will be the perfect game for Podolski to get back into fitness and we need him to asap.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 21213
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: West Ham vs Arsenal | Premier League 26/12/13

Postby Popey » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:34 am

yes, let's rest özil and play santi for him.
Image

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
User avatar
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8218
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Switzerland

Re: West Ham vs Arsenal | Premier League 26/12/13

Postby gooney » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:05 am

e said: "Arsenal had a very tactical game (against Chelsea). We could do with locking them out like Chelsea did.

"We got tumbled over twice by them last year, particularly at the Emirates, so we'll protect ourselves on Arsenal's abilities and then try to exploit their weaknesses."

Fat Sam ahs made it clear how he's gonna approach this game. I can see us really struggling here as we are low on confidence and will play our slow football and West Ham will get the 0-0 they want at half time. Then they will score from a set piece and we will struggle to do anything and Wenger will blame the ref and say west ham are anti football. I think we are heading for our downfall. Wenger is not a manger who can lift a team when needed and I can see us struggling for the coming few weeks
gooney
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 15138
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:11 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 13/14

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
cron