Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Re: West Ham vs Arsenal | Premier League 26/12/13

Postby elkanofan » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:16 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
Zenith wrote:
@TelegraphSport
Aaron Ramsey has torn a thigh muscle which will no doubt rule him out of contention for some weeks...

f**k. Looks like Arteta and Flamini for the next weeks. Come to think of it Jack will just slot back in there in midfield.

Not being funny but the inverted trio of Flamini CDM with Ozil & Cazorla CAM flanked by the dynamic duo Walcott & Podolski worked well today.

You can even play two CDM's when you have two wingers like that.

Cazorla was fantastic in the middle you have to say.

You mean this:

Arteta

Theo Ozil Cazorla Pod

Giroud

Whooah, hold your horses, don't get carried away my friend, this only worked today because West Ham where sitting back, defending very, very deep! But in a normal game situation Carzola offers nothing defensively so we will get torn to pieces through the middle. Sorry i'm totally against Carzola at center midfield!

It' s Jack there or Flamster for me, we need to keep a good balance!
Last edited by elkanofan on Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Schlandi » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:16 pm

billo2007 wrote:Even today that ball Ozil put in for Giroud at 0 - 0 in the first half was an absolute f***ing sitter, its as good as a goal.

Gibbs made that pass

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Santi » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:17 pm

Cazorla* is actually pretty good at tracking back so to say he offers nothing defensively is quite harsh.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:18 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:
billo2007 wrote:Even today that ball Ozil put in for Giroud at 0 - 0 in the first half was an absolute f***ing sitter, its as good as a goal.

Gibbs made that pass

And the one from the other side where Ozil cut it back??
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:18 pm

Mesüt wrote:Ozil has been no where near as bad as some people/papers have been suggesting.

Yeah, I think it's because he tends to drift in and out of games that people don't notice him much. He doesn't do as much as he should when you consider how talented he is, but when he does get on the ball... holy shit
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zedie » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:18 pm

Est83 wrote:
gooney wrote:
Dejan wrote:WE WILL WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahaha deluded. This team is known for oits collapse. Every expert have been saying when things go bad expect Arsenal to suffer more than any of its rivals and everyone here was saying they were anti arsenal. Why would they be? They see a team that can play well when things are going their way, but has no character whatsoever. We will lose here and against Newcastle and Wenger will go back to his moaning ways

Every pundit and so called expert predicted (year after year) that we would drop out of the top four.... have you not learnt anything from this? They know f*ck-all!

They don't like people trying to do things 'the right way', they don't like foreigners with an obvious hatred for the beloved overly physical side of the game that our pundits from way back when love so much. Incidentally it's the same British bullshit that's kept our national football looking so out-dated.

Ignore the scouse dinosaur pundits and use your f*cking brain! Few teams in any top league have had a 2013 quite like us, and we've done it (much the same us we pushed for all those fourth/third place finishes against the expert predictions) with injury after injury, and cup failings along the way that others predicted would f*ck-up our league form. It's been a long time since we've been a team of mentally weak French panzies that would fear an Allardyce-type team. We're strong, have a diverse array of player-types, have more depth than any Arsenal squad in the last 10 years, and...... we're top of the f*cking league!

Preach!
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby elkanofan » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:19 pm

Mesüt wrote:Cazorla* is actually pretty good at tracking back so to say he offers nothing defensively is quite harsh.

It's not a criticism at all. He's 5'6, he'snot exactly a physical presence either and is better helping out from an attacking position than having to do serious defensive work. We could do with Diaby being fit now! Someone get a witch doctor and revive him please.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:20 pm

elkanofan wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
Zenith wrote:
@TelegraphSport
Aaron Ramsey has torn a thigh muscle which will no doubt rule him out of contention for some weeks...

f**k. Looks like Arteta and Flamini for the next weeks. Come to think of it Jack will just slot back in there in midfield.

Not being funny but the inverted trio of Flamini CDM with Ozil & Cazorla CAM flanked by the dynamic duo Walcott & Podolski worked well today.

You mean this:

Arteta

Theo Ozil Cazorla Pod

Giroud

Whooah, hold your horses, don't get carried away my friend, this only worked today because West Ham where sitting back, but in a normal game situation Carzola offers nothing defensively so we will get torn to pieces through the middle. Sorry i'm totally against Carzola at center midfield!

You have to cater for each game, if we have so much possession we need players who can do something with it, you can either play safe or attack, said before the game to attack and my way was what won us the game.

You can choose the safe option if you want but Caz at CAM was fantastic today.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:21 pm

elkanofan wrote:
Mesüt wrote:Cazorla* is actually pretty good at tracking back so to say he offers nothing defensively is quite harsh.

It's not a criticism at all. He's 5'6, he'snot exactly a physical presence either and is better helping out from an attacking position than having to do serious defensive work. We could do with Diaby being fit now! Someone get a witch doctor and revive him please.

Fair enough, I agree in that respect just felt you were ignoring the defensive work he does very well when he's on the wing. He's one of our best players for closing down the opposition but like you say this is defending from an attacking position.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:21 pm

santi isnt good at defending in wide positions, but in central positions its alot different he reads the game quite well, positions himself well and you dont generally have people running straight at you like on the wings. Its more about interceptions in that area than it is tackling
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:23 pm

Wait a minute I never said play Santi as CM partnering Arteta, I said play two CAM's and one CDM.

That also depends on who we're playing, against a weak team they won't be able to handle the possession and attack.

I recon that would of beaten Chelsea as well they were that bad.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:25 pm

I like the 4-3-3 with one out-and-out CDM, so long as both the CAMs aren't in a completely 'free' role. Just one of Ozil or Cazorla, next to one of Jack or Ox when he's back???

The 4-1-3-2 :biggrin: could get Ozil and Cazorla working together well, only works with mobility upfront and width from the fullbacks though, otherwise there's no space for the three AMs.
Last edited by Est83 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby elkanofan » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:26 pm

Est83 wrote:
gooney wrote:
Dejan wrote:WE WILL WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahaha deluded. This team is known for oits collapse. Every expert have been saying when things go bad expect Arsenal to suffer more than any of its rivals and everyone here was saying they were anti arsenal. Why would they be? They see a team that can play well when things are going their way, but has no character whatsoever. We will lose here and against Newcastle and Wenger will go back to his moaning ways

Every pundit and so called expert predicted (year after year) that we would drop out of the top four.... have you not learnt anything from this? They know f*ck-all!

They don't like people trying to do things 'the right way', they don't like foreigners with an obvious hatred for the beloved overly physical side of the game that our pundits from way back when love so much. Incidentally it's the same British bullshit that's kept our national football looking so out-dated.

Ignore the scouse dinosaur pundits and use your f*cking brain! Few teams in any top league have had a 2013 quite like us, and we've done it (much the same us we pushed for all those fourth/third place finishes against the expert predictions) with injury after injury, and cup failings along the way that others predicted would f*ck-up our league form. It's been a long time since we've been a team of mentally weak French panzies that would fear an Allardyce-type team. We're strong, have a diverse array of player-types, have more depth than any Arsenal squad in the last 10 years, and...... we're top of the f*cking league!

Agree 100%

We didn't even win this 2-1 in the last minute, we smashed them over a period of about 10 minutes after making a sub and looked very comfortable the last 10! That just didn't happen years ago. We seem to be very comfortable beating the small sides consistently which is the key to winning the title, win your home games and win consistently away from home against those outside the top 6
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:28 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
Zenith wrote:
@TelegraphSport

You mean this:

Arteta

Theo Ozil Cazorla Pod

Giroud

Whooah, hold your horses, don't get carried away my friend, this only worked today because West Ham where sitting back, but in a normal game situation Carzola offers nothing defensively so we will get torn to pieces through the middle. Sorry i'm totally against Carzola at center midfield!

You have to cater for each game, if we have so much possession we need players who can do something with it, you can either play safe or attack, said before the game to attack and my way was what won us the game.

You can choose the safe option if you want but Caz at CAM was fantastic today.

Well exactly, so it's better to use this if we need a goal of if we play vs Palace at home or something rather than use it vs a decent or strong team.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14