West Ham 1-3 Arsenal | Premier League 26/12/13

Re: West Ham vs Arsenal | Premier League 26/12/13

Postby Massa » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:05 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Massa wrote:West Ham are going to park the bus so we need Podolski to annihilate the bus

Play Theo and Podolski then we'll have two players capable of scoring goals.

If Giroud fancied ending his 8 game duck that would be helpful or is he going to rely on Ramsey to make up for his lack of goals again?

Not much creativity though if we play with 3 outlets and 1 creative player. I doubt we'd make many chances.

Ozil/Ramsey/Rosicky middle 3 could work
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Dejan » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:32 pm

scscscs
Sagna Mertesacker Vermaelen Gibbs
Flamini
Walcott Ramsey Cazorla
Podolski Giroud

attack for mother russia
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby mrbuff » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:19 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Massa wrote:West Ham are going to park the bus so we need Podolski to annihilate the bus

If Giroud fancied ending his 8 game duck that would be helpful or is he going to rely on Ramsey to make up for his lack of goals again?

Not much creativity though if we play with 3 outlets and 1 creative player. I doubt we'd make many chances.

Creativity is overrated. Hit them with as much outlets as possible. Its only west ham.
mrbuff
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby mrbuff » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:21 pm

Yago wrote:Gnabry in please.

Please please. I don't see why he shouldn't play a part in this game.
mrbuff
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:53 pm

Need to get a confident win tomorrow, essential.
Goonerfromafrica
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Angelito » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:38 am

I do agree that creativity is overrated and it's only at Arsenal where the Ball Possession and the Sexy Passing trophies seem to matter. For me 1-0 to the 'ol boring Arsenal matters--as long as we win.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:07 am

GSK_AFC wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Its called storming the gates, its what Man Utd used to do when they were a good team.

Yes one creative player ....... but look at all the options that one creative player has, Ozil could have a field day.

There's a reason Madrid have both Bale and Ronaldo on the wings with Benzema up front, when you have two wingers like that bombing at your defense your pretty much in trouble.

We've been doing anything but that and that's why we're having trouble scoring from open play.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Yago » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:10 am

Bale and Ronaldo are also creative players who can pick a pass. I really don't want a team with both Podolski and Walcott on the wings.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:11 am

Dejan wrote:
scscscs
Sagna Mertesacker Vermaelen Gibbs
Flamini
Walcott Ramsey Cazorla
Podolski Giroud

attack for mother russia

You know what ......... I like it!

That's a team set up to score more than two goals easily, West Ham would get run over.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:49 am

Yago wrote:Bale and Ronaldo are also creative players who can pick a pass. I really don't want a team with both Podolski and Walcott on the wings.

That's because your a pussy.

We had no problems playing that way before, Liverpool game when we beat them last season?

In fact we played Walcott/ Podolski quite a few times.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Yago » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:58 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Yago wrote:Bale and Ronaldo are also creative players who can pick a pass. I really don't want a team with both Podolski and Walcott on the wings.

That's because your a pussy.

We had no problems playing that way before, Liverpool game when we beat them last season?

In fact we played Walcott/ Podolski quite a few times.

I have no problem with attacking, wouldn't mind Having Ramsey-Rosicky as our CM pairing, so I don't consider myself a pussy...
I just don't think Walcott-Podolski is very good. Yes, we played like that a few times last season, but our football wasn't that good back then. Need at least one somewhat creative player on the wing.
Yago

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:15 am

Quite frankly I'm fed up of the constant window wiper style passing we're doing without ever delivering a final ball, zero shots against Chelsea for 90mins is inexcusable.

That is coming from having too many midfielders who aren't true goal scorers, its why Walcott was the only one who made us look good against City, if he wasn't there god know's what would of happened.

Anyway we'll see tomorrow what Wenger decides but I want to see Podolski at the least.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Yago » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:03 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Quite frankly I'm fed up of the constant window wiper style passing we're doing without ever delivering a final ball, zero shots against Chelsea for 90mins is inexcusable.

That is coming from having too many midfielders who aren't true goal scorers, its why Walcott was the only one who made us look good against City, if he wasn't there god know's what would of happened.

Anyway we'll see tomorrow what Wenger decides but I want to see Podolski at the least.

Not 0 shots IIRC, just none or target... Or?

And Walcott "didn't make us look good" against City. The only thing he did was score.

And the problem isn't our "passing style" imo. We didn't have that against Chelsea. We just need to pass better, and not lose the ball every few seconds.
Yago

Postby gooney » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:09 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Quite frankly I'm fed up of the constant window wiper style passing we're doing without ever delivering a final ball, zero shots against Chelsea for 90mins is inexcusable.

I have been saying all season the balance of the team is wrong and we have too many ball players and too little runners/ Its easier to defend against these type of players instead of a less talented player who is running at you and taking you on. This is why Im so surprised by our away form and believe its not something that will continue if we dont correct this. I expect another slow tempo tight game from arsenal today. This season we have come on top on so many of these type of game, but if you keep having these type of games with teams who are much inferior. You will start to slip up more
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby mel4 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:10 am

So Walcott made us look good in the City game, did he die during the Chelsea game?

........ 1 - nil to The Arsenal
mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14