Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea | Premier League 23/12/13

Re: Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea | Premier League 23/12/13

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:20 pm

Could have won last night, Chelsea weren't impressing at all.
Goonerfromafrica
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:27 pm

Sick of hearing about Podolski more than the f***ing ref, he wasn't on the pitch, he wasn't there to have the chance and even if he was there's no certainty he would've scored either. He's been out for over 2 months now, he could be worse than Giroud at this point.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby S4cePL » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:32 pm

Maybe if the game lasted another 30 minutes after that chance and maybe if he received another 3 passes then maybe Giroud could have scored a goal with his left foot or maybe his right foot or maybe his head. Caz maybe 80 minutes was maybe enough?
S4cePL
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby gooney » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:32 pm

Mesüt wrote:Sick of hearing about Podolski more than the f***ing ref, he wasn't on the pitch, he wasn't there to have the chance and even if he was there's no certainty he would've scored either. He's been out for over 2 months now, he could be worse than Giroud at this point.

he was worse than him when he was fit.....I was saying we should sell him before he got injured
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Angelito » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:27 pm

Isn't it funny? Podolski isn't good enough and should be sold. Giroud is a certified donkey. Ummm, Arteta is getting old. Cazorla is nearing 30. Ummm, Rosicky is getting old too...

If we listened to everybody, you may as well think that we're AC Milan and not Arsenal FC.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Trequartista » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:41 pm

I'm sorry, but what is this? Yes it was a dreadful game and we didn't play well but we drew with Chelsea, and are joint top of the league at Christmas. Reading through this thread anyone would think we'd just lost 8-0 to Spuds and got relegated. Some people need to grow up. Crack a beer and smile. It's Christmas, after all.
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ivan itchybum » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:51 pm

Mesüt wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
ivän itchybüm wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
Popey wrote:would have been a soft pen if given but my colleg (chelsea fan) said it could have been a pen...

the tackle from ramires was dirty. ref wasn't that good but we were also horrible

theo was also invisible yesterday. I think nobody also understands why wenger didn't made a change...

He said he didn't want to upset the balance of the team meaning he was happy to play for a draw.

He obviously had Dortmund in his head. We were in a similar situation against the, made changes and went for it, and out of nowhere they got a goal and won it.

He learned from his mistake.

Sometimes gambles pay off and sometimes they do. It was worth gambling for the three points yesterday IMO.

And if we lose to Chelsea at home? We're then 4th, lost to Chelsea (h), City & Utd (a) with all the critics out again. At least now we're second and on the same points as Liverpool having shown we can do something else than lose when it comes to one of the usual big 3.

This, definitely not worth the risk...
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Angelito » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:57 pm

Wenger didn't make a change because he wanted it to remain 0-0.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby GSK_AFC » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:03 pm

ivän itchybüm wrote:
Mesüt wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
ivän itchybüm wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
Popey wrote:would have been a soft pen if given but my colleg (chelsea fan) said it could have been a pen...

the tackle from ramires was dirty. ref wasn't that good but we were also horrible

theo was also invisible yesterday. I think nobody also understands why wenger didn't made a change...

He said he didn't want to upset the balance of the team meaning he was happy to play for a draw.

He obviously had Dortmund in his head. We were in a similar situation against the, made changes and went for it, and out of nowhere they got a goal and won it.

He learned from his mistake.

Sometimes gambles pay off and sometimes they do. It was worth gambling for the three points yesterday IMO.

And if we lose to Chelsea at home? We're then 4th, lost to Chelsea (h), City & Utd (a) with all the critics out again. At least now we're second and on the same points as Liverpool having shown we can do something else than lose when it comes to one of the usual big 3.

This, definitely not worth the risk...

Chelsea didn't look very dangerous and on paper they didn't have much players capable of scoring.
We conceded against Dortmund because Mertesacker and Sagna decided to bomb up the pitch and Rosicky and somebody else in midfield (can't remember) didnt bother tracking back. We could've gone for the win yesterday without our defenders bombing up the pitch. If we put on Santi for Rosicky yesterday or put on Poldi we wouldn't have lost much defensive balance and is worthy of the risk for three points.
If we went for it and lost we would be only lost one point and the critics are out anyway because of how poor we were in fact I think there would have been a less negative response because we showed the initiative for going for all 3 points.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:28 pm

I'm not saying we dropped points because of the ref but how anyone can say Willian's foul on Walcott is not a penalty is beyond me. Had it happened to Chelsea down the other end I for one would say its a penalty and you can damn well guarantee that it would have been given by most refs in the league. Would I be livid if it was given of course but I would be livid because we gave away a penalty not because the ref didn't let it go

Obvious penalty is obvious
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby AAIRE99 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:01 pm

CrimsönGunner11 wrote:I'm not saying we dropped points because of the ref but how anyone can say Willian's foul on Walcott is not a penalty is beyond me. Had it happened to Chelsea down the other end I for one would say its a penalty and you can damn well guarantee that it would have been given by most refs in the league. Would I be livid if it was given of course but I would be livid because we gave away a penalty not because the ref didn't let it go

No actually it wouldnt. Its an unwritten rule of common sense amongst refs.
Only the softest of refs would have given that, plenty wouldnt.
Howard Webb wouldnt.
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:45 pm

billo2007 wrote:
CrimsönGunner11 wrote:I'm not saying we dropped points because of the ref but how anyone can say Willian's foul on Walcott is not a penalty is beyond me. Had it happened to Chelsea down the other end I for one would say its a penalty and you can damn well guarantee that it would have been given by most refs in the league. Would I be livid if it was given of course but I would be livid because we gave away a penalty not because the ref didn't let it go

No actually it wouldnt. Its an unwritten rule of common sense amongst refs.
Only the softest of refs would have given that, plenty wouldnt.
Howard Webb wouldnt.

Your judgments are skewed because you guys probably benefit the most from ref decisions than any other team in the PL. Its no surprise that you would mention Howard Webb :shifty:

Had that tackle occurred in our box, it would be given, I have no doubt. Mike Dean, Phil Dowd, Chris Foy, all would give it IMHO
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11

Re: Arsenal vs Chelsea | Premier League 23/12/13

Postby starmandb » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:17 am

CrimsönGunner11 wrote:Just got in and saw the lineup. Is Rosicky on the left a position he hasn't featured in for God knows how long? Don't know what to make of that

he played there when he came on v everton
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:34 am

GSK_AFC wrote:Tyler makes a good point, quite possibly the biggest match played at the Emirates yet.

i like martyn tyler but its hyperbolic nonsense
07/08
liverpool champs league quarter final
08/09
man utd champs league semi [after a qtr final of coarse]
09/10
man utd [h] end of jan a win and we go top
10/11
3-1 home win v chelsea
qtr final champs league v barcelona
this is betting without 2 league cup semi,s v spurs and an fa cup quarter final win
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:59 am

kazgooner wrote:f**k off Ramsey.

you sound like the woman 2 seats down from me who does,nt like ramsey and even in his burgeoning reawakning would sit silently thru his good things and become voluble when he made a mistake.
even she has come round now
cut out the bollocks and have a bit of respect for our players
critisize but do it with consice critique not a potty mouth
starmandb

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14