Re: Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea | Premier League 23/12/13

Postby Kalnage » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:51 pm

Have we made a sub yet?
Kalnage
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby GSK_AFC » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:01 pm

Popey wrote:would have been a soft pen if given but my colleg (chelsea fan) said it could have been a pen...

the tackle from ramires was dirty. ref wasn't that good but we were also horrible

theo was also invisible yesterday. I think nobody also understands why wenger didn't made a change...

He said he didn't want to upset the balance of the team meaning he was happy to play for a draw.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby gooney » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:01 pm

Kalnage wrote:Have we made a sub yet?

No we dont want to ruin the balance we have
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Kalnage » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:06 pm

Balance?! I had more balance last night, after 6 hours with a free bar! I was pissed at the time my works Xmas do was the same night of the game, but after just watching it back, I think I made the right choice.
Kalnage
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby ivan itchybum » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:11 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:
Popey wrote:would have been a soft pen if given but my colleg (chelsea fan) said it could have been a pen...

the tackle from ramires was dirty. ref wasn't that good but we were also horrible

theo was also invisible yesterday. I think nobody also understands why wenger didn't made a change...

He said he didn't want to upset the balance of the team meaning he was happy to play for a draw.

He obviously had Dortmund in his head. We were in a similar situation against the, made changes and went for it, and out of nowhere they got a goal and won it.

He learned from his mistake.
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby GSK_AFC » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:24 pm

ivän itchybüm wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:

He obviously had Dortmund in his head. We were in a similar situation against the, made changes and went for it, and out of nowhere they got a goal and won it.

Sometimes gambles pay off and sometimes they do. It was worth gambling for the three points yesterday IMO.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby AAIRE99 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:29 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:

Id say its more to the tune of it would have been a savage blow for you to lose 1 - 0 in that game, one the squad could never recover from realistically.
With all of the past mental frailties and that.

I think your pretty lucky Chelsea didnt win 1 - 0 anyway imo :X
You have to laugh at Mourinho some games he just decides right theres no way were going to win here and just does that :X
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:41 pm

Dejan wrote:
Plymöuth Gööner wrote:Dejan's posts in this thread are bang on the money.

when arent they?

Draaaaaaaaaaaaaaafts
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:55 pm

billo2007 wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:

Id say its more to the tune of it would have been a savage blow for you to lose 1 - 0 in that game, one the squad could never recover from realistically.
With all of the past mental frailties and that.

I think your pretty lucky Chelsea didnt win 1 - 0 anyway imo :X
You have to laugh at Mourinho some games he just decides right theres no way were going to win here and just does that :X

I think its very dangerous he plays and it could have easily backfired. We were not great at all. But watch the last Giroud chance when Gibbs plays him in and how the ball takes last ditch touch from cech who doesnt even know where the ball is and it goes over. Had that gone in people would slaughtered Mourinho for negative tactics. Another thing is he could have easily handed us a big blow, instead now we are on same point as the league leaders and more than likely will be first in few days time when we beat West ham and liverpool drop points to City
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Santi » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:59 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:
ivän itchybüm wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:

Sometimes gambles pay off and sometimes they do. It was worth gambling for the three points yesterday IMO.

And if we lose to Chelsea at home? We're then 4th, lost to Chelsea (h), City & Utd (a) with all the critics out again. At least now we're second and on the same points as Liverpool having shown we can do something else than lose when it comes to one of the usual big 3.

@Bearcum - I still find it so funny that the game where Dean celebrated against us is the 1 we've won (5-2) in 15 matches under his reffing!

You can't ignore when the ref is a c***, that was a penalty, we all know Theo cant control the ball or even stand up and then his legs were taken but each to their own.
We didn't win because Mourinho came to kick us off the park and it worked, stopped us playing any good football but who allowed them to get away with it all? Yes Mike Dean. He played a part in the result simple as, don't care if that annoys you Dejan.

Basically what greengoonerie said, I agree.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:02 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:
ivän itchybüm wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:

To concede the goal, go 4th and watch rage erupt? We didn't lose to chelsea but people want to flap because its the done thing on here nowadays.

There's talk about lack of tactics all day from AW, but when he wants to keep a steady ship and play for the point that leaves us joint top, he's doing it wrong

At dortmund we got caught out because of introducing people to an unstable situation, he was doing it wrong.

Ultimately, if we don't find 3 points from somewhere, we are doing something wrong, even if it is against a team that a lot of you are tipping for the league, managed by a guy who most of you believe is a tactical genius.

Mourinho plays for the draw = tactical god

Wenger plays for the draw = r***rd

Cool story bros

This isn't aimed at you btw GSK, its at the general hypocrisy that's on these boards when we lose or draw.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Schlandi » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:04 pm

This whining about the ref is imo a typical Arsenal behaviour (thanks to Wenger who love to do it, if he had failed once again) always blame other dudes for our own faults, great mentality. And some people here didn't agree that it was a penalty please don't generalize your personal opinion..

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Angelito » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:10 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:This whining about the ref is imo a typical Arsenal behaviour (thanks to Wenger who love to do it, if he had failed once again) always blame other dudes for our own faults, great mentality. And some people here didn't agree that it was a penalty please don't generalize your personal opinion..
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zenith » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:13 pm

Whining about the referee is typical football fan behaviour. No it happens in most sports, it's just a thing humans do. There's no need tomake it sounds as though exclusively Arsenal fans blame the ref for losing the game. I've seen plenty of fans from other clubs do the exact same thing.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby S4cePL » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:17 pm

Was never a penalty and I also don't understand how anyone can place blame on Mike Dean for our failure to perform against a beatable Chelsea side last night. Wenger may have gotten it wrong against Dortmund by putting in 3 players and going for all three points but to not make even a single substitution last night around the 70th minute mark when we were just banging our head against the wall is just inexcusable. Were we playing at the Bridge that we had to employ such a conservative tactic? Chelsea were average but sadly we as the home side looked equally bad apart from Giroud's 2 chances towards the end of the game.. one of which Podolski would have buried in the back of the net btw. I am certain of that.

As much as I despise some of the comments on here re the crap refereeing job from the game, I equally hate having to wake up to online headlines of "Mourinho accuses some of Arsenal's players of being cry babies" or "Wenger's outsmarted by Jose again." Chelsea were BEATABLE and no rain, wind or lack of penalty call is a valid excuse as to why we only got a point off of them. Poor tactics, lack of confidence against a big side and a miss or miss striker are to blame here. Same old, same old..

That's enough negativity for the day. Merry Christmas to all!
S4cePL
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14