Man City 6-3 Arsenal | Premier League 14/12/13

Re: Man City 6-3 Arsenal | Premier League 14/12/13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:36 am

Yorkyblue wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
After this result you can bet that every single team now will go to eastlands and park the bus.

To be honest mate I expected that after Norwich. And then Spurs.

You're forgetting our manager thinks "tactics" is a dirty word.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Popey » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:36 am

Git wrote:Toure foul on Giroud. Could have been nasty.

https://vine.co/v/h2IlOxJE1x1

wow...crazy tackle there. we've seen red cards for challenges like that

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:37 am

Royal Gooner wrote:
ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
GoonerBeatYa wrote:I know we didnt play too well but jeez did the linesman and ref get it wrong.

Nacho Monreal was flagged for offside when onside

Olivier Giroud ruled offside but onside

Now Bendtner goal dissallowed for being offside when onside.

I am not even going to bother include the blatent handball which stopped Theo going through on goal because that was just a ludacris decision.

Bendtner was offside. That's a bad angle. Post the inline angle and you'll see he was off.

No he wasn't. I saw the MOTD angle and he was level.

Nope, he was offside. If any part of the body that you can score a goal with is beyond the second to last defender, it's offside. It was close, but you can see he was off.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:40 am

Popey wrote:
Git wrote:Toure foul on Giroud. Could have been nasty.

https://vine.co/v/h2IlOxJE1x1

wow...crazy tackle there. we've seen red cards for challenges like that

Awful tackle, probably should have been red. He certainly wasn't anywhere near the ball and if he made more direct contact with Giroud it could have been another leg break.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby mrbuff » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:58 am

SchlandGooner wrote:Image

Another assist from Özil, oh wait :doh:
Dunno how people could blame Flamini for that during the match that was f***ing poor from him.

I thought that was a quality pass under pressure and flamini was too slow
mrbuff
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby defcon2005 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:02 pm

we need to nail our top 4 side hoodoo and stop the bleeding against chelsea
the most worrying thing for me was some of the players looked like losing it after the game i hope they get that out of their system come the next match and if we do lose let it be because we were outplayed not cos we imploded.
i think we paid the price for daring to believe we could beat city and having a go plus the dice was always loaded against us with the ref- linos who clearly bottled it imo,, but hey so we lost 6 3 but if a horse loses by a nose or 20 lengths it still just a lose.....i would still rather us go down fighting ....
defcon2005
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Location: between the gates of hell and the entrance to valhalla

Postby gooney » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:22 pm

defcon2005 wrote:we need to nail our top 4 side hoodoo and stop the bleeding against chelsea
the most worrying thing for me was some of the players looked like losing it after the game i hope they get that out of their system come the next match and if we do lose let it be because we were outplayed not cos we imploded.
i think we paid the price for daring to believe we could beat city and having a go plus the dice was always loaded against us with the ref- linos who clearly bottled it imo,, but hey so we lost 6 3 but if a horse loses by a nose or 20 lengths it still just a lose.....i would still rather us go down fighting ....

Best thing for us is we have 9 days rest between City and Chelsea. Its very rare you get 9 days gap in december and it makes up for our lack of rest for this game. We just need to forget about this one and go with the thinking of we are going in the Chelsea game with 9 days rest and 2 points lead in the league. No one believed we would be here, but we are. The fear for the pessimistic people is Arsenal has been here before and never used the January window to push on and fear they will make the same mistake. We havent lost anything yet and even if we lose against Chelsea, we havent lost anything and what will decide our season is the clubs action in january
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Massa » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:18 pm

Apparently Giroud and Wilshere had a bust-up in this game
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby AFC10 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:22 pm

Massa wrote:Apparently Giroud and Wilshere had a bust-up in this game

Have you seen the picture of Wilshere with his middle finger up? Apparently that was at Giroud.
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Angelito » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:23 pm

I guess at least Wilshere understands what we're going through...
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gooney » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:34 pm

Wilshere is the worst hard man i have ever seen. There isnt a player in the league who get overmuscled as much as he does and yet he acts so hard. He just needs to focus on becoming a better player because he's the most overrated player in our squad by some distance
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Angelito » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:42 pm

^ It was Monsieur's fault that Willy boy continued to play. Flamini should have stayed, with Rosicky on.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby GSK_AFC » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:44 pm

The game was very open and end to end, reminded me of the 5-3 at Stamford Bridge where RVP scored a hattrick.
Both defences were amateurish and both sides decided not to press in the middle. I said before the game Y.Toure will be a liability and we'd get space in behind which we did but we didn't take our chances.
Offensively, Giroud missed a couple of chances which personally I think Bendtner would have taken.
We should've used the overlap on the right more often, Sagnas crossing was our most dangerous weapon all game. We played with our back to goal a bit too much considering it was an open game and I understood why Walcott positioned himself more centrally in the second half for that reason.
Defensively, Monreal had a shocker and Sagna was caught out of position quite a lot. We have a tendency to back off wingers and allow them to get their crosses in which also killed us yesterday. Although it was Koscielny with an individual error for the first goal, note it was also the second time we've conceded a set piece in a big game which City clearly targeted.
We would have won the game yesterday if our midfield was tighter and we didn't defend like school boys.
It's a joke that people want Wilshere as our captain, he dropped his head after they scored their fourth and swearing at the City fans shows he doesn't have the class to captain a club like Arsenal. As it was an open game it was understandable to go with Rambo-Wilshere in the middle after 4-2 but I agree with Angelito when saying Flamini should have stayed on. It made us too vulnerable on the counter and positionally the defenders weren't given an outlet to distribute to, hence we got dominated after going 4-2 down.
Özil was the same and dropped his head, you need your big players to perform in big games especially in such an open and winnable game.
Only Ramsey and Walcott had good games IMO.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ClockEnd Mark » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:23 pm

AFC10 wrote:

Have you seen the picture of Wilshere with his middle finger up? Apparently that was at Giroud.

It was aimed at the city fans,,clear as day really.
ClockEnd Mark
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Myrmedus » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:13 am

ClockEnd Mark wrote:
AFC10 wrote:

It was aimed at the city fans,,clear as day really.

Either way he needs to stop being a prat and concentrate on his game or he's going to fade. He had a terrible game vs. City.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14