Arsenal 1-1 Everton | Premier League 8/12/13

Re: Arsenal vs Everton | Premier League 8/12/13

Postby gooney » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:27 pm

Having watch the goal over now I think Gibbs should have done alot better. How the hell are you gonna let a player control the ball and slowly take 2 more touches and shoot without closing him down? its clear he was worried about the kids pace and thought if he gets too close the player would go wide and put a cross. Let him do it then......as a defender you have to make the attacker take the less dangerous option
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ivan itchybum » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:39 pm

gooney wrote:Having watch the goal over now I think Gibbs should have done alot better. How the hell are you gonna let a player control the ball and slowly take 2 more touches and shoot without closing him down? its clear he was worried about the kids pace and thought if he gets too close the player would go wide and put a cross. Let him do it then......as a defender you have to make the attacker take the less dangerous option

90% of the time the attacker won't shoot like that though, that's why it was such a good goal, it kind of came out of nowhere...
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Diaby24AFC » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:41 pm

ivän itchybüm wrote:
gooney wrote:Having watch the goal over now I think Gibbs should have done alot better. How the hell are you gonna let a player control the ball and slowly take 2 more touches and shoot without closing him down? its clear he was worried about the kids pace and thought if he gets too close the player would go wide and put a cross. Let him do it then......as a defender you have to make the attacker take the less dangerous option

90% of the time the attacker won't shoot like that though, that's why it was such a good goal, it kind of came out of nowhere...

Yeah. That's a top draw strike there. No one expected something like that to happen
Diaby24AFC
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby ivan itchybum » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:42 pm

Massa wrote:
ivän itchybüm wrote:
Massa wrote:
ivän itchybüm wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Massa wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Ozil cannot handle the rough stuff yet.

Arteta is not fit for high tempo games.

Koscielny clearly the man of the half.

Giroud needs to get his striking boots on. He should have done better with the couple of chance he had.

Rosicky and Flamini's legs plus Walcott's pace is what this game needs. I would take Ramsey, Ozil and Arteta off.

Ramsey is our match winner and generally gets better as games go on. Immense engine so will be better 2nd half. If you wanna bring those players on it should be for Arteta, Cazorla and Wilshere

Ramsey has made several sloppy passes and mistimed tackles. He has been superb this season but lets be fair he was pretty poor in that half.

Even at 50% he'll always be more dangerous than Rosicky.

LOL. At 100% he's not as dangerous as Rosicky... Jesus that man is under-rated..

In no way is Rosicky more dangerous than Ramsey

Ramsey has more goals this season than Rosicky since 2008. More assists this season since Aug 2011. One cross changes nothing bro

IT CHANGES EVERYTHING!!

For a game like that it was CLEAR AS DAY that Rosicky would have a big impact, he thrives in games like that and would've been a better shout than Ramsey to start. He was in need of a rest anyways...
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:15 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:
Dejan wrote:
Youngie wrote:Arteta isnt good enough. He needs to go in the summer.

what a joke of a post. He has been very good lately, just today he wasnt good.

Agreed. He might be losing his legs but he's still our best DM.

No he's not.

Arteta is our best Deep lying mid but Flamini is the best DM.

It all depends on what you want from your game, today though against a rough housing Everton team Flamini was the one we should of started with.

Teams with less pressure, less physical and ones who give us more time on the ball i.e ones who park the bus or play at a slower tempo i.e CL, then Arteta's play would be more suitable.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:17 pm

Mike Dean wrote:The lack of a good striker on this team has been masked by the superb play of Ramsey. Ramsey struggled today and our problem was exposed.

We really really need to get a mobile striker with killed instincts this January if we want to win the league.

Great post, horrendous forum name.

:)
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Re: Arsenal 1-1 Everton | Premier League 8/12/13

Postby AFC10 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:19 pm

So annoyed with this result. For the the only positives today are the fact we didn't lose to one of the best performances I've seen from an Everton side and how pissed off the players also seemed at the end.

If we want to be winning titles we can't be going 1 up In the 80th minute and let the lead slip, it's unnaceptable and we have to be a lot more solid than we was. Flamini come on and did well for me BUT for me he should of took a yellow or at least took Barkley (Whoever ran through the middle) out before making a pass that led to their goal.

Not on our game at all today and with 2 points dropped we can't afford to lose v City now.
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Callum » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:25 pm

Just got in the door and I'm sure as hell not going to go through all 49 pages of this thread but I'm hoping that not too much knee-jerking is going on!

We were crap for the first forty minutes and superb from thereon in. Everton played really, really well and deserved their point, but obviously with us going 1-0 up with ten to go you'd expect us to see it out. That said, the goal was brilliant and you have to nitpick and be very harsh if you're going to criticize Szczesny or Gibbs. Sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and say "fair play".

The Giroud miss is still making me hurt. It literally would have been the greatest thing in football ever if he had smashed in that shot from thirty yards. He had a good game today, as did Ozil, Mertesacker and Jenkinson - Koscielny, though, was a complete boss. He made Lukaku look so average and had him in his pocket all game. Best defender in the league.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:27 pm

If we lose to both City & Chelsea we don't deserve the title (unless we have another amazing run).

I've got faith I think we'll get at least one result or two draws wouldn't be horrendous either, anything to stop those two bastard teams getting points anyway.

Also Wenger better think long and hard about getting us a striker in Jan, if he chooses against it I think he'll have thrown this season away.

Having Giroud as our only option is costing us when you look "what could of been" matches like today, look what Suarez and Aguero are doing for their clubs, where's our ST hero??

Ramsey is not our ST, it shouldn't be Ramsey doesn't score we don't win scenario, Aarons been covering up that weakness all fkin season.

Starting to get annoyed now, not blaming Giroud, I'm blaming that we have only one friggin ST, Bendtner does not count, he shouldn't even be here!
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:28 pm

Just seen the player ratings thread. Cannot believe the Giroud hate. I came away from the stadium thinking he'd had a good game and would finally be cut some slack, even before the wonderstrike. :think:
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:37 pm

I think we were lucky today that Lukaku was careless with his chances, but to be fair, our defense put a ton of pressure on him, and he looked a bit tired out there.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:42 pm

Callum wrote:Just seen the player ratings thread. Cannot believe the Giroud hate. I came away from the stadium thinking he'd had a good game and would finally be cut some slack, even before the wonderstrike. :think:

Strikers are judged on goals, that's the role they've chosen, Kos is judged on defending, you don't see him leaking goals every other game hence he get's praise.

Giroud was a wonder strike away from being hailed but it didn't happen, that's the reality of it, we could of used a few more strikes like that from him this season, his fault he's not been doing it.

Look at Suarez, that's a striker who's due applause, Giroud had a very mediocre game and missed a golden tap in that Ozil had to finish, what's to rave about I really don't know?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerBeatYa » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:45 pm

If we have tired legs now than got help us against City! I just wish either Giroud or Ramsey would of taken an extra touch to move the ball away from the keeper, because one of them would of been a penalty easily.

The biggest question of all is 1 point gained or 2 points drops? I think 1 point gained, but I know some of you will see it has 2 points dropped.

" I eat football. Sleep football. I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate."
- Thierry Henry
GoonerBeatYa
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Callum » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:45 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Strikers are judged on goals, that's the role they've chosen, Kos is judged on defending, you don't see him leaking goals every other game hence he get's praise.

Giroud was a wonder strike away from being hailed but it didn't happen, that's the reality of it, we could of used a few more strikes like that from him this season, his fault he's not been doing it.

Look at Suarez, that's a striker who's due applause, Giroud had a very mediocre game and missed a golden tap in that Ozil had to finish, what's to rave about I really don't know?

I agree, he didn't do anything special, but he played well without being spectacular - not worthy of 2/3 ratings anyway, in my opinion. I don't want to get into this again anyway so lets just leave it.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:45 pm

Giroud missed a tap in, 2 one on ones and gave the ball away multiple times. Did very little positive overall poor game :dontknow:
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14