Arsenal 1-1 Everton | Premier League 8/12/13

Re: Arsenal vs Everton | Premier League 8/12/13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:31 pm

Massa wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:
Massa wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:
Dejan wrote:
Youngie wrote:Arteta isnt good enough. He needs to go in the summer.

what a joke of a post. He has been very good lately, just today he wasnt good.

Been poor most of this season tbh.

Been a monster vs the likes of Liverpool and Dortmund

A few games doesn't make him good enough to start. Flamini should come in for him, much better defensively IMO.

Better tackler than Flamini and offers a hell of a lot more going forward. Flamini was poor when he came on anyway

Disagree
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:31 pm

Omphi93 wrote:Lol the reaction every time( every single time) we dont get 3 points.

What a game that was, thought we were good value for the win, created more actual chances tested Howard more and the last 5 seconds had me screaming like a bitch with the ball coming off the post.

Loved the substitutions and all three made an impact, pity about the deulofeu spectacular, but even after could have nicked it.

No ground lost over the weekend, had the toughest encounter, still comfortably on top. Satisfied
Said my piece

Back to knee jerk.

LOL you are talking as though every player today put in 10/10 performance and still people are complaining. I mean Wenger waited till his usual customary time to make his substitutions. Just cos the result is decent in terms of overall context of this weekends results doesn't mean today's performance was satisfactory. Ther is no knee jerk going on here. Our performance today definitely was no where near the levels we have displayed this season. Our passing and tackling in the first half was poor to say the least. Koscielny's brilliant 10/10 performance papered over plenty of below average performances today.
Last edited by Arsenal~Fanatic on Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby GSK_AFC » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:32 pm

Youngie wrote:The guy is quite obviously a mediocre mercenary, never been capped for Spain and is looking for the backward pass.

He's just never meant to win anything.

:dontknow:

Nonsense
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:32 pm

yosifun wrote:From what I saw in the equalizer I think Gibbs could have done a better job defensibly.

Only got glimpses of the match, would you say finishing was our problem again? Did we create enough chances?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G

We did create enough chances yes. That's not to say we overran them though, but we had a few one on ones that we didn't convert.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Massa » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:32 pm

Youngie wrote:
Massa wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:
Massa wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:
Dejan wrote:

A few games doesn't make him good enough to start. Flamini should come in for him, much better defensively IMO.

Better tackler than Flamini and offers a hell of a lot more going forward. Flamini was poor when he came on anyway

Really?

Arteta is far more stand off-ish than Flamini. He gets brushed off the ball far to often.

Flamini 11 tackles in 8 starts Arteta 28 tackles in 8 starts - PL
Flamini 6 tackles in 3 starts Arteta 10 tackles in 3 starts - CL
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby GSK_AFC » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:33 pm

Massa wrote:
Youngie wrote:
Massa wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:
Massa wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:
Dejan wrote:

Really?

Arteta is far more stand off-ish than Flamini. He gets brushed off the ball far to often.

Flamini 11 tackles in 8 starts Arteta 28 tackles in 8 starts - PL
Flamini 6 tackles in 3 starts Arteta 10 tackles in 3 starts - CL

Arteta has higher interceptions per game too.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Massa » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:33 pm

Omphi93 wrote:Lol the reaction every time( every single time) we dont get 3 points.

What a game that was, thought we were good value for the win, created more actual chances tested Howard more and the last 5 seconds had me screaming like a bitch with the ball coming off the post.

Loved the substitutions and all three made an impact, pity about the deulofeu spectacular, but even after could have nicked it.

No ground lost over the weekend, had the toughest encounter, still comfortably on top. Satisfied
Said my piece

Back to knee jerk.

I would agree to an extent if we didn't have City/Chelsea next. That cushion was much needed
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Emir » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:35 pm

Dejan wrote:

I was shocked at this post. I though he was one of our best players this season. Controlled the midfield from top to bottom.
Emir
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby gooney » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:36 pm

1991 wrote:Don't care what anyone says, Everton should not be dominating our midfield like they did in the first 40mins. Team showed huge mental frailties which is very worrying.

Its not mental frailties. its basic football and having balance in midfield. You have 5 playmakers in midfield and only worry about what you do when you have the ball. This isnt the first game this season where opposition had more of the ball at our ground. its not a plan and we are letting them have it. We cant win it back because we usually play with no ball winner or muscle in the middle. We can get away with less quality teams. But when you play against quality teams, that lack of balance get exposed
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby mg86 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:37 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:

Said my piece

Back to knee jerk.

LOL you are talking as though every player today put in 10/10 performance and still people are complaining. I mean Wenger waited till his usual customary time to make his substitutions. Just cos the result is decent in terms of overall context of this weekends results doesn't mean today's performance was satisfactory. Ther is no knee jerk going on here. Our performance today definitely was no where near the levels we have displayed this season. Our passing and tackling in the first half was poor to say the least. Koscielny's brilliant 10/10 performance papered over plenty of below average performances today.

True, however we've played three games in 7 days and you seem to have no urge to even mention that.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby mg86 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:38 pm

Massa wrote:

Said my piece

Back to knee jerk.

I would agree to an extent if we didn't have City/Chelsea next. That cushion was much needed

Im not afraid of Chelsea, City at home though is another matter.
Szczesny
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:41 pm

mg86 wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:

Said my piece

Back to knee jerk.

True, however we've played three games in 7 days and you seem to have no urge to even mention that.

Fixture congestion is something top teams have to deal with. Wenger had the option of playing Flamini, Walcott and Rosicky at the start. He chose not to. Not only that he waited till his usual customary time to make those substitutions. After a long time we have a genuine chance of winning something mate and we need to be on the money to gain as many home points as we can.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:41 pm

mg86 wrote:
Massa wrote:

Said my piece

Back to knee jerk.

We've never beaten Mou and no-one has beaten his side at the Bridge ever. Hell of a mental block and we didn't get over our one at OT
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby mg86 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:45 pm

Massa wrote:
mg86 wrote:
Massa wrote:

Said my piece

Back to knee jerk.

We've never beaten Mou and no-one has beaten his side at the Bridge ever. Hell of a mental block and we didn't get over our one at OT

They really are not a great side, they are a top four side and nothing more. Their defence is horrid and they have zero strikers that can score
Szczesny
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby mg86 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:46 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
mg86 wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:

Said my piece

Back to knee jerk.

Fixture congestion is something top teams have to deal with. Wenger had the option of playing Flamini, Walcott and Rosicky at the start. He chose not to. Not only that he waited till his usual customary time to make those substitutions. After a long time we have a genuine chance of winning something mate and we need to be on the money to gain as many home points as we can.

Yes, but I'm explaining why certain players didn't have a 10/10 game. If we had started Walcott or Rosicky and they were off people would then bitch about why Ramsey or Wilshere were benched
Szczesny
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14