Arsenal 1-1 Everton | Premier League 8/12/13

Re: Arsenal vs Everton | Premier League 8/12/13

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:07 pm

CM-Ramsey wrote:must win game. then we can get 3 points at the bridge and lose to man city

It's not at the bridge, it's at Ashburton.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby deipnosophist » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:08 pm

How are we Everton fans viewing the new managerial era? An analogy probably best sums it up.

The last 2-3 years with Moyes was akin to being the guy who stayed too long with his childhood sweetheart. By now she's not the pretty young thing she was all those years ago and any chance of reliving the glory days of a bag off outside or quick blower are long gone. But she's ground you down, to the point now you feel you're at the age where it's too late to start all over again, for fear of what's on the other side, the unknown.

Everton were quite happy under Moyes, having sex on birthdays and maybe new year - wanting more but not daring to ask for it should things fall foul and he ends up sad and lonely.

Then suddenly the wife ups and leaves you for her boss at Woolworths, and what do you know? ; first night out back on the horse and you find yourself with a young bird on your arm, doing all manner of bedroom antics you didn't even know they had names for wondering why you never left your missus before...meanwhile the ex is cooking dinner for a guy who drives a Lexus but lives in a bungalow on the end of his mum's house.

In summary then, we are beginning a new life...and it feels wonderful.
deipnosophist
Liam Brady

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:32 pm

deipnosophist wrote:How are we Everton fans viewing the new managerial era? An analogy probably best sums it up.

The last 2-3 years with Moyes was akin to being the guy who stayed too long with his childhood sweetheart. By now she's not the pretty young thing she was all those years ago and any chance of reliving the glory days of a bag off outside or quick blower are long gone. But she's ground you down, to the point now you feel you're at the age where it's too late to start all over again, for fear of what's on the other side, the unknown.

Everton were quite happy under Moyes, having sex on birthdays and maybe new year - wanting more but not daring to ask for it should things fall foul and he ends up sad and lonely.

Then suddenly the wife ups and leaves you for her boss at Woolworths, and what do you know? ; first night out back on the horse and you find yourself with a young bird on your arm, doing all manner of bedroom antics you didn't even know they had names for wondering why you never left your missus before...meanwhile the ex is cooking dinner for a guy who drives a Lexus but lives in a bungalow on the end of his mum's house.

Wrong forum buddy!
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Kalnage » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:33 pm

deipnosophist wrote:How are we Everton fans viewing the new managerial era? An analogy probably best sums it up.

Is this a statement by Bill Kenwright? ;)
Kalnage
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby mg86 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:37 pm

Massa wrote:
dunkdafunk wrote:
Brandon wrote:Am I the only one that thinks Jenks isn't actually that bad? Sure, he's not the greatest going forward, but he's gotten a lot more solid defensively. He'll be a top player in a few more seasons. Just needs more experience. That said, Bellerin will eventually relegate him to the bench due to his massive untapped potential that will be realized soon.

not that great going forward? did you see his cross for Giroud goal? What more do you want from a RB? to score a ton of goals?

Its the opposite for me

exactly, his problem is defending
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby ivan itchybum » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:42 pm

Biggest test so far in the league IMO...

Gonna be a great game
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby yosifun » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:54 pm

We really need these 3 points, especially if it's at home.

Hopefully the players know what a chance they got considering the results today.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:54 pm

Just seen Everton have only lost once all season! This could be a really tough game!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:07 pm

Plymöuth Gööner wrote:Just seen Everton have only lost once all season! This could be a really tough game!

We've also only lost once in the league all season. But we play better football, which is why we'll win.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby GSK_AFC » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:07 pm

We only managed to get 2 points from Everton last season too.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Callum » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:09 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
Plymöuth Gööner wrote:Just seen Everton have only lost once all season! This could be a really tough game!

We've also only lost once in the league all season. But we play better football, which is why we'll win.

We've lost to Villa and United.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby deipnosophist » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:10 pm

apologies for my contribution. Someone in this forum asked how we (Everton) felt about life post Moyes...and I replied.

Anyway, the results of the weekend have added particular spice to yours and ours match. May the best team win!
deipnosophist
Liam Brady

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:21 pm

Callum wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:

We've lost to Villa and United.

I'm not ounting a that flu affected match. That "loss" was due to biological contamanation, not superior gameplans.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Zedie » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:40 pm

deipnosophist wrote:apologies for my contribution. Someone in this forum asked how we (Everton) felt about life post Moyes...and I replied.

Anyway, the results of the weekend have added particular spice to yours and ours match. May the best team win!

No need to apologise, great post!
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerBeatYa » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:11 pm

We are playing with so much confidence so I expect a win at home against anyone in the premiership. I see 3 - 5 goals in this game. 3 - 2 win for us.

" I eat football. Sleep football. I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate."
- Thierry Henry
GoonerBeatYa
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14