Arsenal 1-1 Everton | Premier League 8/12/13

Re: Arsenal vs Everton | Premier League 8/12/13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:36 am

deipnosophist wrote:What is the mood/feeling in your (supporters) camp regarding the game?. Just another 'should win at home' feel to the game?
Us Evertonians were hoping you might be distracted in having your sights set on bigger impending set-tos vs City and Chelski, but any such 'ambushing' ambitions were probably consigned to the bin after our Old Trafford result (and your manager has made reference to such).
I would like to Roberto to launch Deulofeu at you from the start but suspect he might come on as a sub. Ross Barkley was fabulous vs Liverpool but only average vs Utd so hope he comes out blisteringly.
The mood at Everton is so uplifting at the present. I hope this is translated onto the Emirates on Sunday.
Sin Miedo (no fear) is our new theme (thank you Roberto!!!) ...let the best man (team) win!!!

Think most of us are preparing for a battle however we expect to win as by the form we're in.

Wouldn't be shocked by a draw as Everton have displayed some mojo against Utd however a loss is unacceptable for us, we're trying for the title no losses are acceptable when your on that mission.

I'm interested to know how the Evertonians are viewing Martinez compared to Moyes, in general?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:44 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
deipnosophist wrote:What is the mood/feeling in your (supporters) camp regarding the game?. Just another 'should win at home' feel to the game?
Us Evertonians were hoping you might be distracted in having your sights set on bigger impending set-tos vs City and Chelski, but any such 'ambushing' ambitions were probably consigned to the bin after our Old Trafford result (and your manager has made reference to such).
I would like to Roberto to launch Deulofeu at you from the start but suspect he might come on as a sub. Ross Barkley was fabulous vs Liverpool but only average vs Utd so hope he comes out blisteringly.
The mood at Everton is so uplifting at the present. I hope this is translated onto the Emirates on Sunday.
Sin Miedo (no fear) is our new theme (thank you Roberto!!!) ...let the best man (team) win!!!

Think most of us are preparing for a battle however we expect to win as by the form we're in.

Wouldn't be shocked by a draw as Everton have displayed some mojo against Utd however a loss is unacceptable for us, we're trying for the title no losses are acceptable when your on that mission.

I'm interested to know how the Evertonians are viewing Martinez compared to Moyes, in general?

My group chief exec hated moyes with a passion and he was as blue nosed as you can get.

He was probably an Everton site's UFGN regarding Moyes.

I know when he left, he was over the moon and now that they are playing this football, he has calmed down a lot (legendary nutter in my sector).

Id assume most were worried at the time, but most have also quickly forgotten him judging by the reception he got at old toilet from the away fans.

Some blue nose on the inside even released quotes regarding conversations he had with moyes after the game, with moyes apparently laying into the everton away fans afterwards, saying they were rude and ungrateful or words to that effect.

Theres probably no love lost now.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby alexafc12 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:59 pm

Will go 7 points clear with a win. Must win for me with City and Chelsea next.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Gunpowder » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:03 pm

alexafc12 wrote:Will go 7 points clear with a win. Must win for me with City and Chelsea next.

Yeah. A win in here will keep our first place two weeks more, no matter what happens in contenders clashes. Huge advantage.
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:27 pm

9 points in our next 3 PL games and we're at least 10 points clear
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Massa » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:32 pm

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:9 points in our next 3 PL games and we're at least 10 points clear

Don't.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Kalnage » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:37 pm

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:9 points in our next 3 PL games and we're at least 10 points clear

Not if Liverpool win their next 3 games as well. :smartass:
Kalnage
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Massa » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:38 pm

If we beat Everton we can lose vs City and Chelsea and still be top. Nice to know
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:58 pm

Massa wrote:

Don't.

GET EXCITED
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:59 pm

Kalnage wrote:

Are they still hanging around? When are they going to learn their place?
Drop down to 7th already, now there's a good scouser.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Kalnage » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:03 pm

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
Kalnage wrote:

Are they still hanging around? When are they going to learn their place?
Drop down to 7th already, now there's a good scouser.

Yep, I don't think they'll drop down to far this season, Rogers seems to have settled in now and got them playing how he wants. Don't think they'll be title contenders, but definately top four contenders.
Chelsea and Man City have to play Liverpool this month, so there's some points dropped for our main rivals.
Kalnage
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Emir » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:28 pm

Now since all rivals played terrible, I say we play with first eleven. It will lift the pressure of our backs for chelski and citeh games.

Giroud

Cazola-Wilshere-Ozil

Ramsey-Aarteta

Moreal-Kosc-Per-Sagna

-Chez
Emir
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:34 pm

Massa wrote:

Don't.

Do.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby CM-Ramsey » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:00 pm

must win game. then we can get 3 points at the bridge and lose to man city
CM-Ramsey

Postby Pudpop » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:01 pm

10 points clear at Christmas... Imagine :cloud9: