Arsenal 1-1 Everton | Premier League 8/12/13

Re: Arsenal vs Everton | Premier League 8/12/13

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:34 pm

Would of been nice to have Sagna but I'm not too worried Jenks did ok against Hull and hopefully that's his warm up game for this one.

He'll do fine.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:49 pm

would prefer if we brought bellerin back but seeing as that wont happen i hope jenks has a good game i am worried though
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:00 pm

No1Fan wrote:would prefer if we brought bellerin back but seeing as that wont happen i hope jenks has a good game i am worried though

Bellerin will get his chance. For now, it's probably best if he hones his craft with Watford.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby deipnosophist » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:09 pm

Hi Gunner fans...and 'peace' from this Evertonian.
Just visiting your site to contribute a blues perspective for our impending battle.

As I have said on our blues blog (Grand Old Team), I have a suspicion that the Old Trafford victory might just have taken a little too much wind out of our sails to re-attain the required amount of 'fizz' to prevail at your house on Sunday . But a very exciting match in prospect. Your team's football this year is an exemplar of 'the beautiful game' and I also consider that Everton, under Roberto Martinez, is attempting (and partly realising)an emulation of that style.

Hope you lose but ....

PS : think your manager is class and if it's not us who win the League, would prefer it to be you guys over the other usual suspects.
deipnosophist
Liam Brady

Postby LMAO » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:20 pm

Am I the only one that thinks Jenks isn't actually that bad? Sure, he's not the greatest going forward, but he's gotten a lot more solid defensively. He'll be a top player in a few more seasons. Just needs more experience. That said, Bellerin will eventually relegate him to the bench due to his massive untapped potential that will be realized soon.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby mg86 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:32 pm

Martinez really is a great manager
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:29 am

I like Jenkinson but he's going to struggle against Everton. We need experienced players to deal with Everton's offensive threat. The likes of Pienaar, Lukaku, Deulofeu, Mirallas, Barkley, Osman, and Baines/Oviedo will not make life easy for Jenkinson. If Sagna's unavailable, I'd much rather play Flamini and Arteta in midfield to help cover Jenkinson. Flamini at RB would be another idea but he has not played at RB for us this season. I'd go with:

Szczesny
Jenkinson? Mertesacker(c) Koscielny Gibbs
Flamini Arteta Ramsey
Ozil
Walcott Giroud

Subs: Fabianski, Vermaelen, Monreal, Wilshere, Rosicky, Gnabry?, Cazorla
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Zenith » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:35 am

CrimsönGunner11 wrote:I like Jenkinson but he's going to struggle against Everton. We need experienced players to deal with Everton's offensive threat. The likes of Pienaar, Lukaku, Deulofeu, Mirallas, Barkley, Osman, and Baines/Oviedo will not make life easy for Jenkinson. If Sagna's unavailable, I'd much rather play Flamini and Arteta in midfield to help cover Jenkinson. Flamini at RB would be another idea but he has not played at RB for us this season. I'd go with:

Szczesny
Flamini Arteta Ramsey
Ozil
Walcott Giroud

Baines is out injured so on their left side it will be Oviedo and Pienaar, who hasn't been at his best this season. I don't think Jenkinson will struggle personally.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:55 am

Zenith wrote:
CrimsönGunner11 wrote:I like Jenkinson but he's going to struggle against Everton. We need experienced players to deal with Everton's offensive threat. The likes of Pienaar, Lukaku, Deulofeu, Mirallas, Barkley, Osman, and Baines/Oviedo will not make life easy for Jenkinson. If Sagna's unavailable, I'd much rather play Flamini and Arteta in midfield to help cover Jenkinson. Flamini at RB would be another idea but he has not played at RB for us this season. I'd go with:

Szczesny
Flamini Arteta Ramsey
Ozil
Walcott Giroud

Baines is out injured so on their left side it will be Oviedo and Pienaar, who hasn't been at his best this season. I don't think Jenkinson will struggle personally.

I believe a majority of Everton's attack will come down our right hand side and I cannot see Jenkinson lasting the full 90 minutes without making a costly mistake. Pienaar, even if he isn't have a great season, is still a tricky player to contain and Oviedo seems to be playing well recently. And you can bet that Lukaku and Barkley will look to drift out wide if the opportunity presents itself. If we concede, I'm willing to bet that the goal will come from Jenkinson's side. I just don't think this game is suited for him. Of course, I could be and I hope I'm wrong
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11

Postby Est83 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:06 am

deipnosophist wrote:Hi Gunner fans...and 'peace' from this Evertonian.
Just visiting your site to contribute a blues perspective for our impending battle.

As I have said on our blues blog (Grand Old Team), I have a suspicion that the Old Trafford victory might just have taken a little too much wind out of our sails to re-attain the required amount of 'fizz' to prevail at your house on Sunday . But a very exciting match in prospect. Your team's football this year is an exemplar of 'the beautiful game' and I also consider that Everton, under Roberto Martinez, is attempting (and partly realising)an emulation of that style.

Hope you lose but ....

PS : think your manager is class and if it's not us who win the League, would prefer it to be you guys over the other usual suspects.

Lovin' this Everton bunch that have found their way on to our forum recently. Very humble despite being in a stronger position than ever. Great manager, great youngsters, a new style that will see them be more competitive in Europe than previous non 'big 4' teams. Really hope they beat Liverfool to fourth spot.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby deipnosophist » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:38 am

What is the mood/feeling in your (supporters) camp regarding the game?. Just another 'should win at home' feel to the game?
Us Evertonians were hoping you might be distracted in having your sights set on bigger impending set-tos vs City and Chelski, but any such 'ambushing' ambitions were probably consigned to the bin after our Old Trafford result (and your manager has made reference to such).
I would like to Roberto to launch Deulofeu at you from the start but suspect he might come on as a sub. Ross Barkley was fabulous vs Liverpool but only average vs Utd so hope he comes out blisteringly.
The mood at Everton is so uplifting at the present. I hope this is translated onto the Emirates on Sunday.
Sin Miedo (no fear) is our new theme (thank you Roberto!!!) ...let the best man (team) win!!!
deipnosophist
Liam Brady

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:28 am

szczesny
Jenkinson--mertesacker--koscielny--gibbs
Ramsey--arteta
Wilshere--ozil--cazorla
Giroud
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby dunkdafunk » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:02 am

Brandon wrote:Am I the only one that thinks Jenks isn't actually that bad? Sure, he's not the greatest going forward, but he's gotten a lot more solid defensively. He'll be a top player in a few more seasons. Just needs more experience. That said, Bellerin will eventually relegate him to the bench due to his massive untapped potential that will be realized soon.

not that great going forward? did you see his cross for Giroud goal? What more do you want from a RB? to score a ton of goals?
in wenger we trust
dunkdafunk
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Massa » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:24 am

dunkdafunk wrote:
Brandon wrote:Am I the only one that thinks Jenks isn't actually that bad? Sure, he's not the greatest going forward, but he's gotten a lot more solid defensively. He'll be a top player in a few more seasons. Just needs more experience. That said, Bellerin will eventually relegate him to the bench due to his massive untapped potential that will be realized soon.

not that great going forward? did you see his cross for Giroud goal? What more do you want from a RB? to score a ton of goals?

Its the opposite for me
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Lee1 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:42 am

My wedding anniversary tomorrow...kids at grandparents, at game with wifey,lunch before hand. make it a good day gooners!
Lee1
Liam Brady

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14